Baylor
KSU

Away Games Remaining
Texas
Kansas
Nebraska
Colorado
OSU

10-6 (ha!) means we're in the tourney by a thread...a bad loss in the first round of the Big 12 tournament makes us sweat.

9-7 means we've got to win 1 game in the Big 12 tourney to get into the bubble discussion...

8-8 means we've got to win 2 games in the Big 12 tourney just to get into the bubble discussion...

Anything worse is an NIT bid.

Man, those last two games are looming large. We're a bit of late game execution away from 5-1 and 2nd in the Big 12 right now. :(

If the guys can get WW and Crock back healthy (thank goodness Nebraska is up next), then our destiny is still in our hands.

Does 10-6 get us in for sure?

I dunno.

With the relative strength of the Big 12 this season, 10-6 would get us in for sure. But don't hold your breath.....I'll eat my hat if someway, somehow...this team finds a way to 10-6. 8-8 is much more realistic.

We have to start by winning on the road at Nebraska this weekend. And, we match up well against them.

Uggghhh....losing to A&M and Tech was huge. Just one of those helps tremendously (obviously).

Getting to 10-6 is mostly a pipedream IMO (unfortunately)

Does 10-6 get us in for sure?

I dunno.

Gutter, only one team in the Big 12 has gone 10-6 and NOT gotten in to the tournament, and that was Colorado in a down year where we only got 4 teams in.

This year the Big 12 has a VERY high RPI. 2nd best conference by a decent amount over the ACC (Big East squeaks past us at #1). If we get to 10-6, we're a shoe in...IMO.

Uggghhh....losing to A&M and Tech was huge. Just one of those helps tremendously (obviously).

Getting to 10-6 is mostly a pipedream IMO (unfortunately)

At this point I think you're right...if we had picked up one of the last two, I would be more optimistic. If we had picked them both up, I would feel like we were almost certain to make it there.

At this point I think you're right...if we had picked up one of the last two, I would be more optimistic. If we had picked them both up, I would feel like we were almost certain to make it there.

Oh, if OU had won both, I would be quite confident in 10-6. Like you said above, 8-8 seems realistic, as does 7-9. Have to beat NU in Lincoln on Saturday. Hopefully they can take something from the last 3 games.

Going 10-6 is not impossible, but it obviously means little margin for error. We're going to lose at Kansas and at Texas. That means we have to beat Texas and KSU at home (as well as win our other home games), plus win two of three road games against Nebraska, Colorado and OSU. If we win our next two (at Nebraska and at home against Texas) then I believe we'll accomplish the feat.

The Big XII is tough, so 10-6 would likely get us in the Dance. However, winning a conference tournament game to give us 20 wins would allow me to relax a bit on Selection Sunday.

Going 10-6 is not impossible, but it obviously means little margin for error. We're going to lose at Kansas and at Texas. That means we have to beat Texas and KSU at home (as well as win our other home games), plus win two of three road games against Nebraska, Colorado and OSU. If we win our next two (at Nebraska and at home against Texas) then I believe we'll accomplish the feat.

The Big XII is tough, so 10-6 would likely get us in the Dance. However, winning a conference tournament game to give us 20 wins would allow me to relax a bit on Selection Sunday.

If OU wins their next 2, I agree, 10-6 is possibility. Damn it....losing that A&M game still stings.

The two losses and Alaska just killed us, imagine if we were 16-4 and 5-1 in conference. Just upsetting.

Gotta win in Stillborn or beat ut at home to go 10-6, 19-11. If we had just picked up ONE win last week, we could afford to lose both of those games.

I think we'd have to win 3 in the B12 Tourney if we were 9-7. And forget it if we were 8-8. The quality of opponents we lost to non-conference is killing us. If on the bubble people could say "yeah, but 2 of those losses were to Tulsa and UConn" it would be one thing. When it's VCU and San Diego, it's quite another.

Back