Sooners aim to earn back locker room, practice gear

Feel free to provide your own analogy.

Off the top of my head, I think I would go with "egos bigger than a Big Mac's calorie count."

Not that I endorse the sentiment, of course. I know none of these kids.

Off the top of my head, I think I would go with "egos bigger than a Big Mac's calorie count."

Not that I endorse the sentiment, of course. I know none of these kids.

Sounds good. Actually, much, much better than my feeble attempt.,:clap

This team is getting blown out. I think they need to work on the big stuff.

I know I am a lonely voice in the wilderness on this one, but I just do not think this team's struggles are a result of poor effort. I think they are a lousy basketball team because they are a lousy basketball team, and Willie Warren jumping over the scorers table for a loose ball isn't going to fix that.

But I do think there is a lot of raw, unharnessed talent on this team that gives me hope they can still put it together. I just think they need to get better as basketball players, not as worker bees trying to get practice jerseys back.

:clap

I don't know about desperate but it's certainly extreme. I guess my question is what does he do if it isn't affective? (effective, I can't remember, Tony help)

In other words, what if there are a few players that don't really care about what it says on the uni? I'm talking about a self centered guy playing mainly for himself. I'm not implying we guys like that just what if. If it doesn't work, then he may lose the team. I don't know if things like that work with today's athletes. Maybe it will. I certainly hope so.

But if we get blown out by Baylor and lose at home to osu what then?

There has been different internal issues within the team and yes I do know and no I won't elaborate more than I already have. Those issues are looking to be behind them. Those who are on campus and see the team can back this up that they are being seen TOGETHER more now than ever this year. Is it the lockout? Maybe. Is it young kids being young kids and can hate each other one minute and be best friends the next? Maybe. It's probably a combo of both.

I'm not as close to this years team as I was last years but I am still around them enough to get a sense of what could be going on. This is why I've been saying mental effort, physical effort, and signs of a young team are problems and some "ego problems".

Back