TCU is the biggest game of the year thus far (early look)

Unfortunately, MsP, the extreme on both sides is driving posters away.

So correct, thus the middle ground needs to be found instead of the insistence by some posters to want to rub things in people's faces time after time or be the "I told you so" crowd parading their arrogance and pomposity.

So correct, thus the middle ground needs to be found instead of the insistence by some posters to want to rub things in people's faces time after time or be the "I told you so" crowd parading their arrogance and pomposity.

The middle ground is this team is a tournament team with warts. We aren’t going winless in big 12 play. We aren’t winning the NC.

Let’s discuss the issues with losses and celebrate the wins.

The middle ground is this team is a tournament team with warts. We aren’t going winless in big 12 play. We aren’t winning the NC.

Let’s discuss the issues with losses and celebrate the wins.

And I will stand behind what you say 100%.

Last edited:
Good win. We needed that.

Also, predictable overcompensation from some posters. It happens every game, win or lose. It’s just immature and childish. And tiresome.

This is correct. I’m pretty sure everyone is happy that OU won, regardless of what some think. For me, I’m glad we played well even though I didn’t get to see it. I also realize it was against the preseason last place team, at home. But of course as predictable as the Oklahoma wind are the smartass comments, lectures, and righteous indignation for anyone who dares to complain when OU plays bad and loses. Laughable.. But, guess I’m used to it. Boomer!

Nice win. Nice to see the team respond positively after the KU game.

We have a ridiculous record when we out shoot opponents and that continued today. In order to be a good to great team, you have to be able to win ugly games. We have yet to see this team scrap their way to a win. This is why we have had ZERO success in the big 12 tourney under Lon.

Really nice win today. As someone who is forced to follow along with the boxscore, it seemed like TCU was cold from deep. Was that our defense, or were they just missing open shots?

Manek went off! Once we identified him as the guy, did we run good stuff for him?

We will need to take efforts like today on the road with us when we go to Manhattan and Stillwater. That's why I'm still so mad about our performance in Ames. Just a sleepwalk. With a chance to really make hay in the conference standings.

Onward!

This is correct. I’m pretty sure everyone is happy that OU won, regardless of what some think. For me, I’m glad we played well even though I didn’t get to see it. I also realize it was against the preseason last place team, at home. But of course as predictable as the Oklahoma wind are the smartass comments, lectures, and righteous indignation for anyone who dares to complain when OU plays bad and loses. Laughable.. But, guess I’m used to it. Boomer!

Looks like I'm now standing behind 2 people. I just hope there are enough seats in the house.

And I will stand behind what you say 100%.

I will too.

There are good arguments both ways, but sadly no one wants to accept that anymore. All a few here seem to care about is proving they’re right and those who don’t agree with them are wrong. That’s a formula for destroying a board that has stood the test of time for eleven years last October.

No, we should give him a raise and a lifetime extension for beating TCU.

Who said that? I’ve been frustrated with the offense & how some of the players are playing. However, I compliment players & team when they do things well. It gets annoying when people only post to b***h, but after a win they say nothing or give a backhanded compliment. I do see how it would be annoying though when people are over dramatic, sarcastically after a loss trying to make people’s complaints as if they aren’t valid or up for discussion.

I will too.

There are good arguments both ways, but sadly no one wants to accept that anymore. All a few here seem to care about is proving they’re right and those who don’t agree with them are wrong. That’s a formula for destroying a board that has stood the test of time for eleven years last October.

And maybe what we are witnessing on this board is just a reflection of society as a whole, especially as it deals with politics. Divided we stand.

And maybe what we are witnessing on this board is just a reflection of society as a whole, especially as it deals with politics. Divided we stand.

I had those same thoughts. Sad, isn’t it?

Who said that? I’ve been frustrated with the offense & how some of the players are playing. However, I compliment players & team when they do things well. It gets annoying when people only post to b***h, but after a win they say nothing or give a backhanded compliment. I do see how it would be annoying though when people are over dramatic, sarcastically after a loss trying to make people’s complaints as if they aren’t valid or up for discussion.

It was sarcasm met with sarcasm.

I'm happy we won, and it was a good day. But beating TCU by 20 at home doesn't do anything to change my opinion about Lon's mediocrity. The fact that anybody is making a big deal about beating TCU just further proves how far our standards have dropped. It's not like we just won in Lawrence or clinched the Big XII title. I still think we can do better than Bruce Weber...oops, I meant Lon.

I'm encouraged by the win, and I hope we continue to stay about 0.500.

I don’t care who thinks I’m right or wrong. I want OU to win. I want OU to show physical and mental toughness and beat good teams. If OU were to start beating teams like Baylor, Texas Tech, KU, West Virginia, etc with any kind of regularity then you’d see my posts of adulation outnumber anyone else’s negative posts. Sadly, I don’t really see that coming. But hey I gotta say, we have won the games we should have so far in conference. If we were to at least defend our home court the rest of the way I think my head might explode. Too scared to ask for any more road wins...

I had those same thoughts. Sad, isn’t it?

It surely is, but for those of us who are older we at least have lived a life where our past experiences have a chance to outweigh what lies ahead of us. Unfortunately, the younger crowd might not be able to say the same thing.

It was sarcasm met with sarcasm.

I'm happy we won, and it was a good day. But beating TCU by 20 at home doesn't do anything to change my opinion about Lon's mediocrity. The fact that anybody is making a big deal about beating TCU just further proves how far our standards have dropped. It's not like we just won in Lawrence or clinched the Big XII title. I still think we can do better than Bruce Weber...oops, I meant Lon.

I'm encouraged by the win, and I hope we continue to stay about 0.500.

No one has said give LK a raise & extension, people have said fire LK & get rid of most of the roster and start from scratch. OU has disappointed in conference play but has been great against a tough non-con the past 3 years. I’d like to give LK this year & next to see what happens. If there’s not 2 more tournament appearances & next year be pretty salty then I’ll start to be on the new direction side.

My main reason with sticking with LK is that OU is solid doing things the right way during this huge investigation with so many programs about to get hit, hopefully hard.

Was at the game and one thing that won't show up on the stats but should be noted is Bieniemy's defense. He was busy on double teaming Samuel and in second half calling out switches to Okafor and Williams making sure they were in right positions. He's gearing up to be a really good leader.

Was at the game and one thing that won't show up on the stats but should be noted is Bieniemy's defense. He was busy on double teaming Samuel and in second half calling out switches to Okafor and Williams making sure they were in right positions. He's gearing up to be a really good leader.

Was probably the best defender by the end of the year last year & has been amazing on that side this year. Real difference maker on things that don’t show up on the stat sheet I agree.

Back