Terrance Jones, I starting to think we have a shot

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Terrence Jones (2010)- Jones made a strong statement this weekend to move into the five-star range. Very few players his size can make plays off the dribble the way Jones can, and when he gets his feet set, he is also a three-point shooting threat.

Terrence Jones listed Oklahoma, Arizona, Indiana and Washington as the schools recruiting him the hardest.

Amongst the schools recruiting him the hardest, I really like our shot. I really like the fact that Oregon and Oregon State aren't mentioned. He has recently said that he can see himself playing away from the West Coast.

Amongst the schools recruiting him the hardest, I really like our shot. I really like the fact that Oregon and Oregon State aren't mentioned. He has recently said that he can see himself playing away from the West Coast.

KU is on him as well, pretty big article on Phog about Self calling him personally. Looks like he is their main big man target along with Luke Cothron.

It's amazing how much OU and KU are going head to head these days. Maybe Self can actually get one from Capel in this situation.

James Hale has a nice piece on him on OUI. Looks like Coach O is leading the charge to get this kid. You gotta think we get at least one of these elite guys. Jones sounds like quite a player.

KU is on him as well, pretty big article on Phog about Self calling him personally. Looks like he is their main big man target along with Luke Cothron.

It's amazing how much OU and KU are going head to head these days. Maybe Self can actually get one from Capel in this situation.

LMAO - Like clockwork

Like clockwork that all you do is post after I do? Yep, like clockwork.

Please no post hijacking out of respect to Mr. Jones.

No kidding. I am all about keeping the board active, but there were three worthless posts in a row right there that could have been handled via pm or something.

Back to Terrance, I think he would be the perfect counterpart to Tiny down in the post if he ended up in Norman.

All respect to Mr. Jones.

He is blowing up as a prospect and would be a great fit at OU with Gallon. Of course he isn't a true PF so it would mean Gallon would be spending more time under the bucket, which is where he needs to be any way.

PG- TMG
SG- TJ Taylor
SF- Cam Clark
PF- Terrance Jones
C- Keith Gallon

2010 starting lineup

:jcapel :clap :woot

Last edited:
Scout's Evan Daniels was not too impressed with TJ's performance in last weekend's Pangos AA Camp. Not sure his assessment is accurate, but it does bring a few question marks into the mix. Anyone here seen this kid play?:

Terrence Jones, 6-7 PF Portland (Ore.) Jefferson. Questionable body – very thick lower half – and very shaky approach to the game (way too selfish at this event). He has skills, but they don’t necessarily translate to the next level. Loves to bring the ball up the court and show off his handle, but that’s not exactly what we’re looking for out of our power forwards in college. He’s an accurate shooter with three-point range, but he’s got a very long stroke – needs to quicken up his shot for it to play in college. He really needs to work on learning how to play in the paint – looked by uncomfortable on one post up attempt and showed very rudimentary footwork – as well as improving as a rebounder. He does have some skills to work with, but his approach needs a radical adjustment. Any coach telling this kid that he’ll play the three in college should be ashamed of himself, as Jones has zero chance of defending threes on the perimeter in college. Forget defending threes, he may have to defend a five at the next level as body matures and he naturally adds weight.

Back