Texas' FT Shooting Coach Must be Johnny Pittman

speaking of ft shooting.... I got to give it up to Pledger. He is money from the line. He sunk em when we needed them the most. :clap

Awesome job by the students! I know Texas is a terrible free throw shooting team, but they certainly made it tough on them.

When I was in high school (Checotah). OSU came to our gym to play an exhibition (really just a glorified scrimmage) since our coach played college ball there. This was when Richard Dumas was there. When I stood next to Johnny Pittman I couldn't believe there was a human being that big. The basketball literally looked like an orange in his hand. I'm pretty sure that's why it was so tough for him (and Shaq) to shoot FT's. BTW, Dumas didn't play, but he sat up in the stands with us and was very nice and outgoing with everyone.

When I was in high school (Checotah). OSU came to our gym to play an exhibition (really just a glorified scrimmage) since our coach played college ball there. This was when Richard Dumas was there. When I stood next to Johnny Pittman I couldn't believe there was a human being that big. The basketball literally looked like an orange in his hand. I'm pretty sure that's why it was so tough for him (and Shaq) to shoot FT's. BTW, Dumas didn't play, but he sat up in the stands with us and was very nice and outgoing with everyone.

yeah, I use to watch Dumas play alot of pickup ball. He was unstoppable. Royce Jeffries was on that team as well. Funny to see Pittman and Jeffries have kids go on to play major college ball.

yeah, I use to watch Dumas play alot of pickup ball. He was unstoppable. Royce Jeffries was on that team as well. Funny to see Pittman and Jeffries have kids go on to play major college ball.

My high school coach was also Royce Jeffries high school coach before Royce went to OSU. He said they had to coach Royce to be meaner, he was always afraid he was going to hurt someone out there.

Thier free throw shooting performance today made OU's performance agasint the Pukes look like a masterpiece. :ez-laugh: It couldn't have been better for that traitor to be the one having the most issues making a free throw. :clap

Back