Team
  • They made 21 shots, OU made 14
  • Rebounding was even... 41-40 in favor of Texas
  • OU had 7 blocks.. that is a good number
  • 11 turnovers is minimal
  • Only got called for 10 fouls, which is absurd low
  • Just couldn't put the ball in the hole

Individual
  • Reaves had 13 points and 9 rebounds. Good stat line, but made the critical error with the technical foul. The guy just can't shoot 3's though. 1-5. He also played 37 minutes.
  • Bienemy had 2 rebounds and 2 assists. That's it. More air balls than stats.
  • Harmon played 33 minutes and hit 1 shot and didn't get a rebound. In 33 minutes. He got some bonus points on a hysterical flop.

Random Observations
  • I think Doolittle had a lot of chances to shoot open 3's last night and was turning them down for some reason. Anyone else notice that?
  • The bench barely played. They combined for 6 shots. Long increasingly doesn't like the bench.
  • Why can't Victor hold on to the damn ball? I swear he had two hands on the ball multiple times and it comes flying out of there

Reaves did his damage in the first half. In the second half he had 4 points and 5 turnovers.

I had some very not nice things to say about Austin after that foul. I had to look around after and see if I offended anyone ahahaha.

Kur has been playing amazing! He gets no time.. why??? Williams is the best athlete on the floor.. no time why? Harmon played better than JB tonight.. I don't understand why JB and Reaves get passes. They play 35+ min and don't hit shots.

I’m guessing -36 has something to do with it.

Dude cannot defend. But in a game like that, I would have given him a little more run to see if he could get some offense going.

Whoever our "shooting" coach is, is terrible. I've never seen as many airballs and/or shots that barely graze the rim as I've seen this year. JB was WIDE OPEN last night on one of his shots that I think barely got rim. Most uncomfortable looking wide open shot I've seen in quite some time.

People bashed Lon's son, but wasn't he the "shooting" coach before? I notice a difference.

Whoever our "shooting" coach is, is terrible. I've never seen as many airballs and/or shots that barely graze the rim as I've seen this year. JB was WIDE OPEN last night on one of his shots that I think barely got rim. Most uncomfortable looking wide open shot I've seen in quite some time.

People bashed Lon's son, but wasn't he the "shooting" coach before? I notice a difference.

He had 2 shots which qualified as passes.

I’m guessing -36 has something to do with it.

You don't give him 8-10 min and see what happens?? We couldn't score at all! Thought he played well for those 2-3 min he was in though.

You don't give him 8-10 min and see what happens?? We couldn't score at all! Thought he played well for those 2-3 min he was in though.

Yep he deserved more time. Bienemy should have been benched after the first air ball.

How about Austin Reaves hitting nothing but the bottom of the backboard on an open 3pt attempt, lol.

I have noticed that Doo has been passing up good looks from 3 since he got the mask. Perhaps he isn’t comfortable shooting from that far with it on.

The substitution patterns have made very, very little sense to me all season long. Kuath deserved more time than he got last night, especially since Texas was driving to the rim at will. Kuath is very skilled at help defending and blocks and we could’ve used him.

I think we can all agree Kur needs more run. I too have been confused as the season has gone on and his playing time...should be going up!

I think we can all agree Kur needs more run. I too have been confused as the season has gone on and his playing time...should be going up!

Not sure how much it happens, but Kur and Doolittle playing together is better than Kur and Manek.

Last edited:
We also haven’t seen a single minute (that I can recall) with Doo, Brady and Kuath on the floor at the same time. Doo has shown that he can defend guards at times (he shut down North Texas’ best perimeter player in the 2nd half). I think this “go big” lineup could be effective and catch people off guard, particularly when we aren’t getting much production from JB/Harmon.

Kuath is lost out there on defense. If Lon would go to a zone and just let him protect the rim it could work. Also, he could be an awesome roll guy on pick and rolls if he was taught that skill.

I said it late in the game thread last night, but is there anyone in the country that misses more WIDE OPEN shots-both inside the lane and outside the arc-than Bieniemy? And I mean he's not even close with some of them. It's almost impressive how badly he can miss wide open jump shots.

I said it late in the game thread last night, but is there anyone in the country that misses more WIDE OPEN shots-both inside the lane and outside the arc-than Bieniemy? And I mean he's not even close with some of them. It's almost impressive how badly he can miss wide open jump shots.

Yeah...
I mean I just play old man pick up ball on thursdays, my game is post... at 6’2 but shoot 3’s occasionally... in dont think in 28 yrs of playing... I’ve actually air balled a 3.... ever. JB was wide open not rushed...

I guess it was in the water even manek air balled one.

Damn, at least hit the rim.

Back