Texas Game: Box Score Evaluation

I had some very not nice things to say about Austin after that foul. I had to look around after and see if I offended anyone ahahaha.

What frustrates me is after the call and review he actually thinks he did nothing wrong...dude you grabbed his fricking leg...

At least admit ya got caught...

I said it late in the game thread last night, but is there anyone in the country that misses more WIDE OPEN shots-both inside the lane and outside the arc-than Bieniemy? And I mean he's not even close with some of them. It's almost impressive how badly he can miss wide open jump shots.

Yes, nights like last night, he is a liability on offense. It's 4 on 5 when he has zero confidence. I thought Williams needed more time last night even despite his defensive flaws.

Yes, nights like last night, he is a liability on offense. It's 4 on 5 when he has zero confidence. I thought Williams needed more time last night even despite his defensive flaws.

This may sound like hyperbole, but I really believe this. The only reason JB has even hit a 3 this year is because teams don't guard him. Watch any highlight of a game, and he is so wide open you can't even believe it.

This may sound like hyperbole, but I really believe this. The only reason JB has even hit a 3 this year is because teams don't guard him. Watch any highlight of a game, and he is so wide open you can't even believe it.

I don't understand why teams don't FORCE him to shoot more. There is no way I'd let Doolittle beat me, and to a lesser extent Manek/Reaves. I'd do everything I could to force JB, or Hill, or even Harmon to take shots. Especially JB. I'd darn near leave him unguarded outside at times.

I don't understand why teams don't FORCE him to shoot more. There is no way I'd let Doolittle beat me, and to a lesser extent Manek/Reaves. I'd do everything I could to force JB, or Hill, or even Harmon to take shots. Especially JB. I'd darn near leave him unguarded outside at times.

I would make him make 3 three-pointers in a row before I even considered guarding him (and I love Bieniemy).

I believe this would be called "Gotleib'ing" LOL

And I wholeheartedly agree with you.

After the wvu game, I thought Kuath would get more playing time. Then, he gets nearly no playing time. If he’s not in trouble, that makes no sense. Lon continues to confuse everyone. Maybe that’s why the team is so bipolar. It’s very strange.

After the wvu game, I thought Kuath would get more playing time. Then, he gets nearly no playing time. If he’s not in trouble, that makes no sense. Lon continues to confuse everyone. Maybe that’s why the team is so bipolar. It’s very strange.

Kuath was getting destroyed whenever he tried to help on screens. He overextended every time, did it well beyond the player’s shooting range, and Texas got three straight buckets attacking the way he tried to help on screens. That’s why he didn’t get more playing time.

Kuath was getting destroyed whenever he tried to help on screens. He overextended every time, did it well beyond the player’s shooting range, and Texas got three straight buckets attacking the way he tried to help on screens. That’s why he didn’t get more playing time.

This is the hard hedging that Lons done for years but Kuath & Manek are terrible at it, and there's no reason for it. Know your players strengths and weaknesses, coaching 101!

This is the hard hedging that Lons done for years but Kuath & Manek are terrible at it, and there's no reason for it. Know your players strengths and weaknesses, coaching 101!

manek is not terrible at it

Or maybe he realizes that each game is its own entity and he plays the bench guys who are giving us the best chance to win on a given night.

Back