Texas gets guard for 2011

mattham4

Reaction score
Sheldon McClellan from Bellaire, TX...not an elite guy but a nice 6'5" player that played varsity as a Frosh at Bellaire which ain't easy to do.

I thought he was an elite guard? What is his game like? He averaged 18pts for Bellaire, who has Jamel Outler and Tobi Oyediji who are also high major players. Texas is almost done with their 2011 class.

I thought he was an elite guard? What is his game like? He averaged 18pts for Bellaire, who has Jamel Outler and Tobi Oyediji who are also high major players. Texas is almost done with their 2011 class.

I only saw him play once and really wasn't paying much attention to the details...I focused on Tobi. He's a good player but given the level of talent they've been recruiting, I would consider him a bit of a step down. That's more of a statement about how they have been recruiting than his abilities.

Someone has to be a role player. Maybe he's that type of guard. I'm in the belief that Kyle Hardrick will have a successful career at OU because he's already predisposed to being a role player.

Speaking of Tobi, the A&M article on scout said that he has been having growing pains in his knees this spring (he is already 6'9"). And that he will be camping with Coach Capel this summer.

The article made it sound like he was an A&M lean, but I don't know how much of that was because it was written by an Aggie journalist.

Speaking of Tobi, the A&M article on scout said that he has been having growing pains in his knees this spring (he is already 6'9"). And that he will be camping with Coach Capel this summer.

The article made it sound like he was an A&M lean, but I don't know how much of that was because it was written by an Aggie journalist.

I think he recently listed his top choices as OU, ASU, and GTech.

Sheldon McClellan from Bellaire, TX...not an elite guy but a nice 6'5" player that played varsity as a Frosh at Bellaire which ain't easy to do.

Being ranked 44th in the 2011 class says he may be one of the elite. I know the rankings will change but right now that's pretty good.

Barnes is bringing in NBA size players with NBA talent at each position. Now Texas needs a center. Hopefully he can get some of this special talent to stick around for at least 2 years.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...horns/entries/2009/05/04/barnes_receives.html

Yeah, OU and UNC showed interest so he wasn't chopped liver. And if he averaged 18pts at Bellaire as a sophomore, Imagine the improvements and numbers he'll put up when he's a senior.

Back