The “Flopper” is still up to his old tricks!

Smart should be banned from the league for poor acting. He was better at it in college.

Then again, he got the call. So, what do I know?

Maybe the easiest player to hate in the NBA, even if you aren't aware of his college affiliation and antics.

5 threes in the 4th quarter to lead the C's to the win last night. Including 3 straight on 3 possessions in a row.

He still acts like a knucklehead sometimes, but he is a really good all around player.

For every time he hits five 3s in a row, he misses five 3s in a row twice. He contributes, but he's nothing special.

For every time he hits five 3s in a row, he misses five 3s in a row twice. He contributes, but he's nothing special.

He’s not a star but he does a ton of things that don’t show up that cause winning.

Their career per 36 minute statistics are virtually identical. There's a stat for everything nowadays, so the only things that don't show up in the stats are being a good teammate/locker room presence -- that goes to Caruso by a mile. Caruso is a better shooter, better dunker, plays better within the system, and before you say Smart is a better defender...

https://lakersdaily.com/alex-caruso...etokounmpo-in-impressive-defensive-statistic/

Smart has shot better this year in every shooting category and isn’t as open as Caruso. Sure you can post per 36 but the fact is one gets double the minutes as the other on a team more loaded with guards. Smart is better at everything except dunking & he can switch on the Embids & Towns of the game. Caruso is a solid role player, Smart excels at the role.

Plays better in the system? Celtics have the best system with the Spurs & maybe Heat. Lakers let LeBron & Davis go to work and just space out.

Last edited:
Smart has shot better this year in every shooting category and isn’t as open as Caruso. Sure you can post per 36 but the fact is one gets double the minutes as the other on a team more loaded with guards. Smart is better at everything except dunking & he can switch on the Embids & Towns of the game. Caruso is a solid role player, Smart excels at the role.

Plays better in the system? Celtics have the best system with the Spurs & maybe Heat. Lakers let LeBron & Davis go to work and just space out.

Smart has NOT shot better than Caruso in every category...in fact, he has a worse effective FG%. To top that off, this is Caruso's worst year and Smart's second best year in that category. I'm not sure there is anything Smart is unquestionably better at other than guarding centers...which is not useful when the other guys on the floor include Lebron, AD, and McGee/Howard. He's also better at jumping into the stands and creating locker room drama.

I did not say the Lakers have the best system. I'm saying that Caruso fits into the Lakers system better than Smart does.

Lastly, Celtics are loaded with guards? Sure, they have Kemba, but who else are you referring to? The rest of their guards are Brad Wanamaker, Carsen Edwards, and Romeo Langford. That's not loaded at all.

Smart has NOT shot better than Caruso in every category...in fact, he has a worse effective FG%. To top that off, this is Caruso's worst year and Smart's second best year in that category. I'm not sure there is anything Smart is unquestionably better at other than guarding centers...which is not useful when the other guys on the floor include Lebron, AD, and McGee/Howard. He's also better at jumping into the stands and creating locker room drama.

I did not say the Lakers have the best system. I'm saying that Caruso fits into the Lakers system better than Smart does.

Lastly, Celtics are loaded with guards? Sure, they have Kemba, but who else are you referring to? The rest of their guards are Brad Wanamaker, Carsen Edwards, and Romeo Langford. That's not loaded at all.

Sorry better at 3s & ft%. It matters who you can guard with the switching because of the great perimeter shooting the nba. He’s also currently locking up Siakam. Smart makes more winning plays, better passer, ball handler, rebounder, & defender.

I don’t see how you can say he fits better in the system when he averages 5, 2, & 2. So he fits by staying out of the way?

Um Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, & Gordon Hayward. Before you bring up Hayward being injured he was doing this with him in the lineup.

lol, Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens think the opposite.

Almost every player that has ever played with him thinks different.

He allows Boston to do so much on defense. Just named 1st team all defense today.

Oh wow, you read minds?

Dude, they say it publicly. To a man. They rave about what he means to the team. Have for years.

By the way, he went for 23/11/10 tonight. Yep, a triple double. Only 2 turnovers in 50 minutes of play. 6 of 11 from three. Absolute battle of a game.

23, 11, & 10 while being all 1st team defense. Yeah keep putting him in the same sentence as Caruso.

The fact that you both had to come on here to talk about his triple-double (only attained because the game went to double-OT) in a losing effort speaks volumes to how non-special of a player he truly is.

Remember my original comments I was criticized for earlier in this thread?

For every time he hits five 3s in a row, he misses five 3s in a row twice.

He followed up that impressive sequence with a 4-15 performance in a one point loss. I didn't come back on her to say "I told you so," because that performance was expected. He's been doing it his whole career.

He went 8.5/4.5/2.5 on 31.8% shooting last series. Didn't matter...the Celtics still swept the Sixers.

He's the kinda dip**** that jumps into the stands and shoves a fan for yelling at him, and then afterwards fabricates a story about being called the "N-word."

He's. Not. Special.

Back