The Harrison Barnes thing got me thinking...

afaSooner

Reaction score
I can't believe in just the short time Jeff Capel has been here the #1 recruit in the nation flirts with committing to Sooner basketball. My how times have changed. It's not like the basketball program was in shambles or anything (actually far from it) but the level of interest we're seeing from the top players in the nation is exciting to say the least. Seeing the name 'Oklahoma' run across the bottom of the screen as ESPN updated the Barnes situation today made me smile and think... maybe Barnes does go to Duke or UNC, but next year or the year after #1 may be heading here. :)

Just saying. Things are looking good right now and if we string a whole bunch of wins together again this year... things will be looking a whole lot better. :woot

Jeff Capel you are the man! :clap

I'll let these emoticons convey my thoughts on this subject....

:jcapel:capelspin:williew:tinypower:clap:woot:ed :yoyo:OUbball-logo:

Couldn't agree more. I also think BG's presence has been a big part of it. Can't buy the exposure of seeing a 6 ft 10 in "Beast" on Sport's Center every other night tearing down the house with "Oklahoma" emblazoned across his chest. Opened some perviously un-touched eyes for the program. IMO

Back