The Maui Invitational Thread

Sooner23

Reaction score
Damn, I love this tournament. It usually has great teams and there's just something about the small gym the games are played.

My wife and I went on our honeymoon to Maui years ago and she thought I was crazy when I told her I needed to go see just where the gym these games are played in person.

Long story short, it's basically a community center (kinda like your local YMCA) with a gym attached to it and is about 500 yards or so from the ocean. Just a beautiful setting. And the day we checked it out, they were having bingo night there.:ez-laugh: Anyway, OU is the field next year and I will definitely be there.

As for this year, the field isn't as strong but still has an interesting field with some of our future opponents in it.

Here is tomorrow's schedule.

Colorado v Gonzaga (2 p.m. on ESPN2)
Cincy v Vanderbilt (4:30 p.m. on ESPN2)
Maryland v Chaminade (8:30 p.m. on ESPN2)
Arizona v Wisconsin (11 p.m. on ESPN2)

I am pulling for the Zags to win this thing!

Basketball all day is going to pretty cool, I'm excited to see the future US Dream team backcourt of Higgins and Burk as well. Along with the future dream team coach in Sean Miller.

I hope Jessie W chimes in with his predictions for the tournament.

Basketball all day is going to pretty cool, I'm excited to see the future US Dream team backcourt of Higgins and Burk as well.

The Colorado/Chaminade 7th place game will be interesting to watch. Never count out the Silverswords.

Bzdelik to miss Maui Invitational

Colorado coach Jeff Bzdelik to miss Maui Invitational

LAHAINA, Maui -- It's paradise lost for Jeff Bzdelik.

Colorado's head coach will miss the EA Sports Maui Invitational after learning Sunday evening that his mother has fallen ill. Bzdelik flew from Maui to Chicago to be with her.

It's been a rough start to the season for Bzdelik, who missed CU's season opener to attend to a medical emergency involving his daughter.

CU associate head coach Steve McClain will run the bench this week, beginning with the Buffs' first-round game against Gonzaga today at the Lahaina Civic Center.

McClain, the former Wyoming head coach from 1998-2007, brings more 27 years of coaching experience to the CU bench.

McClain is the second winningest coach in Cowboys' history with 157 career victories and posted one of the best home court records with a 102-26 (.790) mark.

McClain averaged 18 victories in nine years at Wyoming with three NIT berths and one NCAA Tournament appearance.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13846924

It starts today? I'm working from home this week. I usually don't even turn the TV on because I hate daytime TV. I'll have to tune in.

It starts today? I'm working from home this week. I usually don't even turn the TV on because I hate daytime TV. I'll have to tune in.

Yep, today at 2. Hopefully I can get home in time from hanging with the wife at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Mathis Bros and Home Depot to get to watch The Fighting Abd's and Zags.

yeah, i look for the zags to have a strong showing is this tourney as well...they are extremely underrated thus far

I hope Jessie W chimes in with his predictions for the tournament.

Started the BBQ already baby. And the drinks are flowing.
Sitting on the beach...Redondo Beach.
Nothing better: Brew,Steaks and Plastic girls.

The game between Wisc and Arizona will be a tough battle.
The boyz have been talking smack.
http://host.madison.com/sports/coll...cle_2af7aa60-d7de-11de-b818-001cc4c03286.html

This game will be close.
I hope NIC can make the shot to WIN IT.

Mark Few appears to be the favorite to win.
If Arizona wins it first game...Game 2 will be bloody.
Both teams do NOT like each other.

Note:
Recent Ex Girl is from the island.
So, stay the heck away...LMAO

I like the way you roll Jessie. Could you go ahead and break down a potential Colorado-Gonzaga championship game?

I like the way you roll Jessie. Could you go ahead and break down a potential Colorado-Gonzaga championship game?

Arizona needs to WIN today.

We have a new saying at the UofA.
It was started and inspired by Adam Zag.

Arizona saying used to be "BEAR DOWN.

Arizona's new saying is "BEAT DOWN".

Note:
I hope Stoops does NOT take the ND job.
If so, hire his brother away from Arizona.
The loss to Oregon still hurts!

Here are my picks to TODAY's Maui Games:

Gonzaga over Colorado.
Arizona over Wisc. ,in overtime.
Vanderbilt over Cinci.
Maryland.

Getting ready to start.... Colorado is going to need to shoot VERY well and be able to get some damn rebounds (which they havent been able to do) to hang in there today.

I normally would go for the Big 12, but I have had Colorado recruits shoved down my throat for the last 2 years.

Go Zags!

Edit: Its too hard to go against the Big 12. Go buffs.....

Last edited:
On a side note, I swear Bouldin has been in college for no less than 10 years...

Back