The NBA Playoffs Thread

BG averaged eight rebounds and 21 points in four games against arguably the best team in the West. Against the Grizzlies, he averaged six rebounds and 18 points per game.

Overall, he averaged seven rebounds and 19 points in the first 11 playoff games of his young career.

So what's the issue again? Oh, he had one bad rebounding game?

Noted.

BG averaged eight rebounds and 21 points in four games against arguably the best team in the West. Against the Grizzlies, he averaged six rebounds and 18 points per game.

Overall, he averaged seven rebounds and 19 points in the first 11 playoff games of his young career.

Noted.

During the seven game series against Memphis, Blake had four games with 5 rebounds or less.

Against SA, he had a 1 rebound game, and a 5 rebound game.

As for how many points he averaged per game, come on. That is like quoting batting averages when talking about baseball. If you aren't going to put it in context, it doesn't mean a whole lot.

Facts.....Blake Griffin shot 55% from the field during the regular season. In the series against Memphis, he shot 53%. Against SA, he shot 47%.

Noted.

Gotta agree, in the aggregate it isn't so bad and will likely get better. And the Memphis front line is a tough match-up for anyone physically.

Facts.....Blake Griffin shot 55% from the field during the regular season. In the series against Memphis, he shot 53%. Against SA, he shot 47%.

Fact: A player fighting an injury will usually shoot a lower percentage than a player who is healthy.

Fact: The shooting percentage of a player who is facing strong teams night in and night out (the playoffs) might understandably be lower than a percentage accrued against a schedule that includes many weaker teams (the regular season).

Does Blake have room for improvement? Sure; what young player who has just completed his first playoff run doesn't?

Blake hit a little soph slump after Billups got hurt. He seems to loaf on occasion. Who knows maybe those goofy commercials went to his head. He should drop those dorky things. I bet his dad cringes when he sees Blake acting the fool for $.

Last edited:
Blake hit a little soph slump after Billups got hurt. He seems to loaf on occasion. Who knows maybe those goofy commercials went to his head. He should drop those dorky things. I bet his dad cringes when he sees Blake acting the fool for $.

lol.

I am actually kind of feeling the new Kia Optima...not very Dallas of me I know.

The regular season having more games is fairly representative. Secondly, defense plays a more prominent role in the playoffs and the teams that generally play the best defense are the ones who are still playing and not taking a "before the playoff season starts" vacation.

Back