The NBA Playoffs Thread

What's wrong with C-Webb? He was shaky when he first started in the booth, but he's developed into a really good commentator IMO. He has a little bit of a mushmouth, but he provides insightful commentary. He's not chucking out tons of bad jokes (Reggie Miller) or trying to brand moronic catchphrases (Mark Jackson).

The mumble, mushmouthness. I think this is his first year so hopefully he can improve. Your right on Mark Jackson, I would cringe with some of the stuff he threw out there. Unlike Doug Collins (who is the best commentator regardless of sport) I was elated when he went into coaching.

The mumble, mushmouthness. I think this is his first year so hopefully he can improve. Your right on Mark Jackson, I would cringe with some of the stuff he threw out there. Unlike Doug Collins (who is the best commentator regardless of sport) I was elated when he went into coaching.

The real problem is Shaq sharing time with Charles on TNT. I can take one or the other (preferably Barkley) but both is too difficult to bear.

The real problem is Shaq sharing time with Charles on TNT. I can take one or the other (preferably Barkley) but both is too difficult to bear.

I like Charles, and I love Charles, Kenny and Ernie on that show. Shaq brings nothing but disruption of the chemistry that those three had. When Shaq starts mumbling about who knows what its terrible. There is a myth that Shaq is some funny, interesting personality and its just not true. Its obvious on the show when he bores us with his mouth of gravel and marbles.

Lakers win the series in no worse than 5 games. I have though that since before the series started (take my word on that if you want).

I now wouldn't be surprised by a sweep.

I just don't understand (with or without MWP) how someone could possibly think Denver could win the series. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions, but come on.

Lakers probably win the series, but Denver forcing a Game 7 where anything can happen not as stupid as it sounded then I suppose LOL. There is always at least one upset in the play-offs.

Lakers win the series in no worse than 5 games. I have though that since before the series started (take my word on that if you want).

I now wouldn't be surprised by a sweep.

I just don't understand (with or without MWP) how someone could possibly think Denver could win the series. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions, but come on.

Come on, indeed.

FWIW, ref T's up Evans tonite for high-fiving BG...and you want them to call more????

I like Charles, and I love Charles, Kenny and Ernie on that show. Shaq brings nothing but disruption of the chemistry that those three had. When Shaq starts mumbling about who knows what its terrible. There is a myth that Shaq is some funny, interesting personality and its just not true. Its obvious on the show when he bores us with his mouth of gravel and marbles.

Agreed, Shaq does disrupt that awesome trio. However, it never gets old whenever the show replays the Shaq/Barkley brawl with both of them in the booth.

I don't think it's a "myth" that he has a sense of humor, though. I thought he's been pretty funny over the years, and I actually think him and Dennis Scott were a funny tandem whenever they worked together on NBATv. It'd be better to have those two stick together, while Inside the NBA stays with Ernie, Kenny, and Chuck.

I'd be OK with fining them after review. Asking a ref to make this call during a game is dangerous IMO. I'd make it a pretty substantial fine too...

I could live with fines after the games are reviewed, whatever makes it less prevalent.

I think Doug recently had his first grandchild, so hopefully that gets him back in the booth.

Is it much differenct to be comentator vs a coach? Both require a lot of travle. I guess the off season is easier but if you I am sure the pay is a lot more as a coach and you are away from your family for 9 months either way.

Do you think those commentators have a few frequent flyer miles?

Is it much differenct to be comentator vs a coach? Both require a lot of travle. I guess the off season is easier but if you I am sure the pay is a lot more as a coach and you are away from your family for 9 months either way.

Do you think those commentators have a few frequent flyer miles?

If he worked for TNT, he would not be away from his family near as much as he would be as a coach.

If he worked for TNT, he would not be away from his family near as much as he would be as a coach.

Why? Don't the guys that call games travel all the time? I would think those guys are on the road constantly during the season and the only real difference would be in the off season because all they would need to do is read an hour or so a day.

I am not trying to argue, I honestly have no idea how much these guys travel but my logic would say a national play by play or color guy is on the road all the time (even more than a player or coach) because they don't have a home schedule for 50% of the games.

Why? Don't the guys that call games travel all the time? I would think those guys are on the road constantly during the season and the only real difference would be in the off season because all they would need to do is read an hour or so a day.

I am not trying to argue, I honestly have no idea how much these guys travel but my logic would say a national play by play or color guy is on the road all the time (even more than a player or coach) because they don't have a home schedule for 50% of the games.

Doug Collins would not be on that type of schedule.

I figured there would be lots of joy and happiness after the Thunder came back from the dead last night. Is this a pro-Lakers board?

Speaking only for myself, I absolutely LOVED how that game turned out in the end. For one, it was an OKC team pulling off the miracle. Second, I hate all LA teams except for the Clippers (and that's because of Blake Griffin) - having gone to grade school for a time in NoCal.

And third, I live in front-running Albuquerque now, which is full of front-running Laker fans (and they got that way, in part, because of having an ex-Lobo from the so-called glory days on their team in the 80's). So for all of their misery after last night, I'm getting a major extra jolt of enjoyment from it. :dance005: :dance005:

I thought the Thunder win was great, they basically be L.A. at their own game. Has to be somewhat disheartening for a Laker fan. That back to back in LA is going to really help the Thunder.

I thought the Thunder win was great, they basically be L.A. at their own game. Has to be somewhat disheartening for a Laker fan. That back to back in LA is going to really help the Thunder.

Couldn't agree more. The Lakes looks extremely confident and relaxed in the 4th, the Thunder couldn't make a layup and then BOOM!...game over. They HAVE to be frustrated.

I actually thought the officiating style favored the Lakers too. There was a lot of contact on shots that normally would be automatic fouls, but they let them play on.

The Clippers (Paul and Griffin specifically) are paying the price for how the Clips/Griz series was officiated. They let both teams literally beat the hell out of one anther and now the Clips have no way of combating the Spurs. Pretty sad really.

The Clippers (Paul and Griffin specifically) are paying the price for how the Clips/Griz series was officiated. They let both teams literally beat the hell out of one anther and now the Clips have no way of combating the Spurs. Pretty sad really.

Exactly. And in the officiating turning a blind eye it increased the probability of injuries and physical confrontations between players. The NBA front office really did these guys a favor. Not really clear on what guided their motivation, but I find it rather wormy.

Back