The NBA Playoffs Thread

mark-cuban.gif

And can anybody take the Clippers seriously with the constant flopping? Its becoming a joke. I love Blake but having Paul on the team has turned them into flop artists. Breath on any of them and they go down like they were shot. CP360 has shown them the flopping way[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znAA4mLU0II"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znAA4mLU0II[/ame]

BG had a flopping tendency in LA before CP3 got there.

And can anybody take the Clippers seriously with the constant flopping? Its becoming a joke. I love Blake but having Paul on the team has turned them into flop artists. Breath on any of them and they go down like they were shot. CP360 has shown them the flopping wayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znAA4mLU0II

In Chris Paul's defense, he doesn't only flop against players. Now he's moved on to flopping against the officials.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/5/8/3006562/gif-chris-paul-flops-on-a-referee

What a clown.

Rajon Rondo is averaging more rebounds per game than Blake during the playoffs.

No he is not.

Yes he is. 7.0 (Rondo) vs 6.3 (Blake).

I'm guessing you made the rookie mistake of dividing Rondo's rebound total by 4. He only played in 3 games, so that would be the incorrect thing to do.

pfffffffffft on you about the whole Paul flopping thing. they try to beat the horse pi$$ out of the guy so who can blame him for trying to get the calls to make it stop or at least slow it down a bit. that kind of crap can shorten his career ... so consider your own livelihoods too.

same for Blake. if you don't see the way they are just beating him senseless in there then you're not paying attention. Shaq and other really dominant physical guys have all commented that refs overlook stuff done to you just because you're big or strong unless you really get them to closely examine it.

pfffffffffft on you about the whole Paul flopping thing. they try to beat the horse pi$$ out of the guy so who can blame him for trying to get the calls to make it stop or at least slow it down a bit. that kind of crap can shorten his career ... so consider your own livelihoods too.same for Blake. if you don't see the way they are just beating him senseless in there then you're not paying attention. Shaq and other really dominant physical guys have all commented that refs overlook stuff done to you just because you're big or strong unless you really get them to closely examine it.
So the referee that made him flop was going to hurt him?

I'm guessing you made the rookie mistake of dividing Rondo's rebound total by 4. He only played in 3 games, so that would be the incorrect thing to do.
:ez-laugh:

Yes, he is. Blake is averaging 6.25 RPG; Rondo is averaging 7.0 RPG.

My bad. I think I included the game he was injured into my calculation. :facepalm

Yes he is. 7.0 (Rondo) vs 6.3 (Blake).

Exactly

pfffffffffft on you about the whole Paul flopping thing. they try to beat the horse pi$$ out of the guy so who can blame him for trying to get the calls to make it stop or at least slow it down a bit. that kind of crap can shorten his career ... so consider your own livelihoods too.

same for Blake. if you don't see the way they are just beating him senseless in there then you're not paying attention. Shaq and other really dominant physical guys have all commented that refs overlook stuff done to you just because you're big or strong unless you really get them to closely examine it.
It's one thing to exaggerate the impact of contact; it's another to act as though you're being tased when no one even touched you.

They're not doing it to protect themselves; they're doing to get calls. I'm sure when Blake complained to the refs after hitting himself in the face, he was just doing it to protect himself from himself.

Blake is going to get himself a freak injury if he keeps it up. He hits the floor far too often, and it's often the result of purposely taking dives.

So the referee that made him flop was going to hurt him?

:ez-laugh:

Not really defending any of them, because flopping is and has been the norm FOREVER. Hell, Ginobli is the KING OF THE FLOPPERS...Vlade invented it.

With that said, if you watch that video again, you will notice Cunningham actually swings his forearm/front of elbow into Paul's head. Now, whether that's why he was doing it OR he was looking at the floor and didn't realize it was a ref pushing on him or not could be argued too. In any case, it MIGHT make him overreact to it. I dunno.

Like others have said, some of the physical play that's going on is NOT how basketball was meant to be played. I don't see it going on in any other series to this extent. Blake and Paul are getting killed. What's funny is some of the stuff they are letting go and then they foul BG out on a ticky tack foul during OT. Irony at it's finest.

Instead of repeating points already made by others, just see the responses by playmakr and Smash. It's pretty hard to defend the aforementioned Clippers players in this regard given their extreme exaggerations when they flop (especially Paul... who flops when a ref barely makes contact?).

Not really defending any of them, because flopping is and has been the norm FOREVER. Hell, Ginobli is the KING OF THE FLOPPERS...Vlade invented it.

With that said, if you watch that video again, you will notice Cunningham actually swings his forearm/front of elbow into Paul's head. Now, whether that's why he was doing it OR he was looking at the floor and didn't realize it was a ref pushing on him or not could be argued too. In any case, it MIGHT make him overreact to it. I dunno.

Like others have said, some of the physical play that's going on is NOT how basketball was meant to be played. I don't see it going on in any other series to this extent. Blake and Paul are getting killed. What's funny is some of the stuff they are letting go and then they foul BG out on a ticky tack foul during OT. Irony at it's finest.

Disagree. The culture of flopping isn't anything new, but the extent to which it is allowed is much greater now than it was prior to the 2000's. And I'd argue the Clippers have players on their roster that flop just as much as anyone else that's currently in the league, including the Spurs.

When fouls are called you get freethrows. When you make freethrows they give you points. When you score more points you win.

I fail to see where doing anything in your power to get to the line became a bad thing.

Back