The NBA Playoffs Thread

:ez-laugh:

No the Spurs are just executing them to death.

FYI...Blake had one board last night in 37 minutes.

:ez-laugh:

No the Spurs are just executing them to death.

So, you think his and Paul's health is not a factor?

Keep in mind, the Clips are matching them tit for tat in the first half of both games at the Spurs' home arena. I'd be curious to see a series with a healthy Clips team. I realize ALL teams are beat up right now, but what happened in the Clips/Griz series bordered on criminal.

I saw that he had 1 about halfway through the 3rd quarter.

What is up with that? That should never be the case for somebody as big and athletic as Blake is.

So, you think his and Paul's health is not a factor?

Keep in mind, the Clips are matching them tit for tat in the first half of both games at the Spurs' home arena. I'd be curious to see a series with a healthy Clips team. I realize ALL teams are beat up right now, but what happened in the Clips/Griz series bordered on criminal.

You do know Paul was injured before the Grizz series, right?

I don't disagree that the Grizz/Clips series was physical, it was pretty much unbearable to watch because it was bogged down so much. But Paul's injury was not a consequence of that series, he tweaked it on a offensive rebound coming down. Regardless, the Spurs are just too deep and too good, Clips can't beat this team even if they were healthy.

I saw that he had 1 about halfway through the 3rd quarter.

What is up with that? That should never be the case for somebody as big and athletic as Blake is.

One thing that has struck me lately is how small Blake looks on the court...obviously going against guys like Gasol, Randolph, Duncan changes the perception. In his defense, he is banged up, but there is no excuse to grab one rebound against a team that has no one that can play above the rim. He is being out-fundamentaled, probably the easy way to say it.

You do know Paul was injured before the Grizz series, right?

I don't disagree that the Grizz/Clips series was physical, it was pretty much unbearable to watch because it was bogged down so much. But Paul's injury was not a consequence of that series, he tweaked it on a offensive rebound coming down. Regardless, the Spurs are just too deep and too good, Clips can't beat this team even if they were healthy.

Yep...I DID know that. He re-aggravated it during the Griz series.

I don't think a HEALTHY Clips team could beat the Spurs in a series, but sheesh, what that Griz series caused is inexcusable. Fans want to see the refs stay out of the games, but good grief, look at BG and CP3 right now. Nagging injuries are bad enough, but to get injured and brutalized for 7 games is too much to overcome.

1 rebound for BG is unbelievable. He had NONE at half. I REALLY believe that first series took a HUGE toll on him more than anyone. They let Randolph, Gasol and the rest of their bigs, beat the hell out of BG. He won't recover mentally or physically for a couple of weeks AFTER the playoffs. Remember, this is his first experience in the playoffs and the refs didn't do him a ton of favors.

One thing that has struck me lately is how small Blake looks on the court...obviously going against guys like Gasol, Randolph, Duncan changes the perception. In his defense, he is banged up, but there is no excuse to grab one rebound against a team that has no one that can play above the rim. He is being out-fundamentaled, probably the easy way to say it.

It's like the Disney movie "Hercules"...remember when he lost his power? Started wilting away. That's how BG looks right now. EXTREMELY tired looking...

It's like the Disney movie "Hercules"...remember when he lost his power? Started wilting away. That's how BG looks right now. EXTREMELY tired looking...

Flopping takes its toll on the body....just kidding! Seriously, I love Blake, but more of the Terminator version than what we've seen lately.

I see next to zero effort out of Blake right now. It's sad really. He's playing like a mere shell of himself and drawing a bad rep for it.

Knowing how he usually is this must be an injury issue. Never known him to be even close to the lazy type.

I see next to zero effort out of Blake right now. It's sad really. He's playing like a mere shell of himself and drawing a bad rep for it.

Knowing how he usually is this must be an injury issue. Never known him to be even close to the lazy type.

He is destroying a lot of the goodwill and reputation he built as a rookie. He has been atrocious in the playoffs. I guess it's easy to forget that he's just a second year guy though. He'll get better.

Yep...I DID know that. He re-aggravated it during the Griz series.

I don't think a HEALTHY Clips team could beat the Spurs in a series, but sheesh, what that Griz series caused is inexcusable. Fans want to see the refs stay out of the games, but good grief, look at BG and CP3 right now. Nagging injuries are bad enough, but to get injured and brutalized for 7 games is too much to overcome.

1 rebound for BG is unbelievable. He had NONE at half. I REALLY believe that first series took a HUGE toll on him more than anyone. They let Randolph, Gasol and the rest of their bigs, beat the hell out of BG. He won't recover mentally or physically for a couple of weeks AFTER the playoffs. Remember, this is his first experience in the playoffs and the refs didn't do him a ton of favors.

Noah could barely run on his ankle and grabbed more than 1 rebound...there is no excuse...none.

I thought the officiating in the Spurs/Clippers game last night was horrendous. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Spurs would have won the game, but the bad acting by the Spurs to get calls was nuts. The two most egregious examples were both by Tony Parker. First he grabbed Blake's arm and then when Blake moved his arm Parker acts like he's having a seizure and gets the whistle, foul on Griffin. The second was the ridiculous flagrant foul on Blake where he gets almost all ball but grazes Parker on the head and arm and Parker acts like he's been shot. It's almost like watching soccer now, ridiculous. (I realize that the Clippers have been branded "flop city" but the Spurs are the worst I've ever seen)

Noah could barely run on his ankle and grabbed more than 1 rebound...there is no excuse...none.

Yea and no one game plans for Noah either. No one cares about Noah...he's a hack/role player. Not making excuses for BG, because it looks bad, but it's EASY to see he's having issues. They guy pretty much dominated all year and you think he's just now decided to "quit"???

Okay Thunder @ Lakers tonight . . . I'm real tempted to pick the Thunder becuase Bynum has started talking again, but my gut tells me Thunder drop tonight and win tomorrow. But really who knows, I could just as easily see the Laker's check out. I would too if Kobe was my boss.

Yea and no one game plans for Noah either. No one cares about Noah...he's a hack/role player. Not making excuses for BG, because it looks bad, but it's EASY to see he's having issues. They guy pretty much dominated all year and you think he's just now decided to "quit"???

If you don't think people gameplan to keep Noah off the glass, or draw him away from the bucket on PnRs so he can't alter shots...then I don't know what to tell you.

If you don't think people gameplan to keep Noah off the glass, or draw him away from the bucket on PnRs so he can't alter shots...then I don't know what to tell you.

Whatever...you know what I'm talking about. He's not a top 30 player in the league - dime a dozen. He's a good role player, but BG's worth is astronomically higher than Noah. Not saying he's not a valuable asset, but to compare what he does to BG is silly.

Whatever...you know what I'm talking about. He's not a top 30 player in the league - dime a dozen. He's a good role player, but BG's worth is astronomically higher than Noah. Not saying he's not a valuable asset, but to compare what he does to BG is silly.

There was no comparison made to what Noah does as opposed to BG. The entire point is that there was no excuse for BG to only get 1 rebound, given other interior players have suffered worse injuries yet produced more in the rebounding department (i.e. Noah).

Not saying BG wasn't hurt, but if he can shoot 9/16 in a game, he should be able to pull down more than 1 rebound.

This has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

There was no comparison made to what Noah does as opposed to BG. The entire point is that there was no excuse for BG to only get 1 rebound, given other interior players have suffered worse injuries yet produced more in the rebounding department (i.e. Noah).

Not saying BG wasn't hurt, but if he can shoot 9/16 in a game, he should be able to pull down more than 1 rebound.

:woot

Back