The NBA Playoffs Thread

A new thing? Anyone remember people like Jerry West, Karl Malone, and Michael Jordan? They shot more free throws off phantom fouls than any other players in history. Flopping is not new. By now, I thought they would have had a post-season award for best flopper.

They should just make flopping a technical foul, not sure why they haven't already.

I really want to pull for Blake but have to admit his on court mannerism rubs me the wrong way. His staring & posing combined with his flailing exaggeration of contact is annoying. He loafs quite a bit too which is reflected by his declining production on the boards.

I really want to pull for Blake but have to admit his on court mannerism rubs me the wrong way. His staring & posing combined with his flailing exaggeration of contact is annoying. He loafs quite a bit too which is reflected by his declining production on the boards.

I look at it like this. Watch a charge call. Does the ref ever call a charge if the defender doesn't go to the floor? Heck no. So, BG is extremely strong right? If he simply stands there while they beat the crap out of him - and make no bones about it, he get the crap beat out of himself, is that right??? The refs are a much to blame for this as the players. The sooner they start calling hard contact a foul and quit calling touch fouls a foul, the sooner all the flopping and whining will stop.

PLEASE NO!!!!! Do you REALLY want another judgement foul????

Like every other foul? Yes, I would like the referee to have the ability to call a technical on a guy that clearly flops. It's an intentional and unsportsmanlike play, just like every other technical.

Like every other foul? Yes, I would like the referee to have the ability to call a technical on a guy that clearly flops. It's an intentional and unsportsmanlike play, just like every other technical.

The problem with "clearly flops" is that's subjective. I HATE subjective calls.

Well, we'll just have to disagree. I want them calling FOULS when they are made and MAYBE the flopping AND the technicals will subside. They have trouble calling blatant fouls and you want to add something that's too subjective. There are technicals in about every game that are just dumb and NO ONE agrees with the calls...probably not even the rest of the refs on that guy's team.

The problem with "clearly flops" is that's subjective. I HATE subjective calls.

Well, we'll just have to disagree. I want them calling FOULS when they are made and MAYBE the flopping AND the technicals will subside. They have trouble calling blatant fouls and you want to add something that's too subjective. There are technicals in about every game that are just dumb and NO ONE agrees with the calls...probably not even the rest of the refs on that guy's team.

Uh...all foul calls are pretty much subjective.

That is kind of what I was saying as well.

I do get the point though of the refs being charged with another thing to deal with; however, they should have the ability to "t" up a guy for a flagrant flop in the same way they can for a flagrant foul.

Uh... They're not supposed to be. It'd be like if they all of a sudden implement a rule that says a ref can wipe off a bankshot if he thinks you didn't mean to use glass.

Last year the morons on the road applauded and cheered for Blake when in enemy territory. A year later, the very same morons now boo him at every opportunity provided.

My plea to Doug Collins: Please come back to the booth Doug. You are the best there has ever been. Listening to Chris Webber and the like just makes me sad knowing what I'm missing with you coaching. With Shaq killing inside the NBA I don't think I can take another season of this. Come back Doug, its what you were born to do. Coach and commentate if you have to do it, but just come back

Who's the bald ref in this game. I bet he might have $ on the game.

Uh... They're not supposed to be. It'd be like if they all of a sudden implement a rule that says a ref can wipe off a bankshot if he thinks you didn't mean to use glass.

Haha, continuation is not subjective?

Every foul is a subjective because the referee has the ability to make the call or not based on his own discretion. On a side note, Nuggets @ home tonight looking to force a Game 7 with Bynum talking smack about how easy close out games are.

My plea to Doug Collins: Please come back to the booth Doug. You are the best there has ever been. Listening to Chris Webber and the like just makes me sad knowing what I'm missing with you coaching. With Shaq killing inside the NBA I don't think I can take another season of this. Come back Doug, its what you were born to do. Coach and commentate if you have to do it, but just come back

:clap:clap:clap

I think Doug recently had his first grandchild, so hopefully that gets him back in the booth.

What's wrong with C-Webb? He was shaky when he first started in the booth, but he's developed into a really good commentator IMO. He has a little bit of a mushmouth, but he provides insightful commentary. He's not chucking out tons of bad jokes (Reggie Miller) or trying to brand moronic catchphrases (Mark Jackson).

The foul is subjective... Not intent...that's what's being suggested... We already see the officials posturing enough. I don't advocate allowing more of that. Just call the friggin game.

Back