The two possibilities for improvement

j2d2

Reaction score
as thought by this decidedly non-guru basketball fan are
1. as sometimes happens the light will come on for one or more players which will quickly light the way for the others and WE'RE OFF!
2.Capel will work and work and work with them and they will slowly, slowly, excruciatingly slowly improve while losing games which will make it painful, but they do improve so that by tournament time they will be a fairly good team but out of the tournament.

as thought by this decidedly non-guru basketball fan are
1. as sometimes happens the light will come on for one or more players which will quickly light the way for the others and WE'RE OFF!
2.Capel will work and work and work with them and they will slowly, slowly, excruciatingly slowly improve while losing games which will make it painful, but they do improve so that by tournament time they will be a fairly good team but out of the tournament.

This is the worst OU team I have ever seen we won't make the NIT if this trend continues

All I'm looking for is consistent and steady improvement as a team. However, dang if I can see any. Not even at a gradual rate.

I still think the coaching staff is very good, but maybe a little inexperienced. However, I'm afraid Capel may get discouraged, if he doesn't get better results this year, and look to moving on. And, I'll bet there are good programs that would snap him up in a second if they could.

Boomer Sooner!

There is individual improvement by some guys. I think we saw Fitz and Willis show improvement, i think Gallon and TMG have improved. There has been no team improvement.

The most frustrating thing for me is that you will see them play good defense for a possession or two, but then they play lousy defense for the next 10 possessions. They can play good defense, but they don't do it consistently. If they could just become more consistent on defense, it would be an immense improvement.

Back