Tiny Gallon

Soonermarty

Reaction score
Needs to take note of Cade's work habits and effort and apply them and see if that won't give him more time on the floor instead of the bench. Cade gives 100% every time out. Tiny needs to pick up on that or I believe Capel will continue to limit his minutes.

I didn't see much of a reason to play as much as he did today. He's one of the low points of today's game.

He should look at how Pittman works down low and try to copy that.

Am I the only one who thinks Gallon will be okay, eventually (probably next year)?

Today wasn't his day. But he will have his, just not this year.

Jeez, why did we ever even sign such a big stiff [sarcasm].

Am I the only one who thinks Gallon will be okay, eventually (probably next year)?

Today wasn't his day. But he will have his, just not this year.

No, you're not the only one who thinks that. No need for all this negativity.
The Sooners won!

Tiny Gallon needs a lot, you can pretty much name it.

Tiny is way ahead of schedule. He's hit the freshman wall which is like the wall of china for a guy his size. How soon people forget his 18 rebound game vs Okie A&M.

Go check what Pittman did his freshman and sophomore years compared to Tiny. Actually Tiny's numbers this year are as good as Pittman as a senior.

I'll be the first to admit that Tiny did not play well against Pittman tonight. But, to be fair, are we expecting too much from a freshman going up against a senior who is at least his equal in size and strength? This is the first season in Dexter Pittman's career that he hasn't been on the receiving end of being owned. lol

Tiny will be fine. He just has to learn from these experiences.

I'll be the first to admit that Tiny did not play well against Pittman tonight. But, to be fair, are we expecting too much from a freshman going up against a senior who is at least his equal in size and strength? This is the first season in Dexter Pittman's career that he hasn't been on the receiving end of being owned. lol

Thank god other people can see this.

This thread had nothing to do with Tiny not being good, it had to do with him hustling and giving 100% everytime he is on the floor. He is obviously good, he was an AA. I don't care if he is only scoring 4 points a game as long as he is hustling on D and crashing the boards and not loafing while he is on the floor.

This thread had nothing to do with Tiny not being good, it had to do with him hustling and giving 100% everytime he is on the floor. He is obviously good, he was an AA. I don't care if he is only scoring 4 points a game as long as he is hustling on D and crashing the boards and not loafing while he is on the floor.

Perhaps you should read the interview with Tiny that was stickyed at the top of the page earlier this week. This is only his 4th year of playing organized basketball. This is his 1st year to play in post position. This is his 1st year to play at this weight after losing 60 or 70 pounds. Yes, he has a lot to learn, but if he applies himself, he can become very, very good player.

Tiny is way ahead of schedule. He's hit the freshman wall which is like the wall of china for a guy his size. How soon people forget his 18 rebound game vs Okie A&M.

Go check what Pittman did his freshman and sophomore years compared to Tiny. Actually Tiny's numbers this year are as good as Pittman as a senior.

Agreed. Wew have beaten him up enough. Time to support the young man and watch him grow. He wants to play better, and I believe that he will.

The debate about Tiny's struggles is over. We know the issues. We've got to get behind him. If you guys see him on campus tell him to keep his head up. If you're a facebook stalker like I am, send him a agood message. We need this guy to keep his head in the game .

Perhaps you should read the interview with Tiny that was stickyed at the top of the page earlier this week. This is only his 4th year of playing organized basketball. This is his 1st year to play in post position. This is his 1st year to play at this weight after losing 60 or 70 pounds. Yes, he has a lot to learn, but if he applies himself, he can become very, very good player.

So for all these reasons that you list above means that he can't hustle everytime he is on the floor?

The problem with guys like Blake Griffin and Sam Bradford is that they raise the bar to an almost unreachable height for the guys that follow. A lot of us, myself included, believed that Tiny was going to be a freshman sensation who scored 15 points and pulled down 7 boards every night. It just hasn't worked out that way. He has been really disappointing this year, but I know he will improve. What we can't tolerate is his attitude and carelessness. He committed a couple really unnecessary turnovers and fouls today. When Capel took him out, he sulked on the sideline. There's no place for that.

I never thought he was going to score 15 a game but I didn't think he would get worse as the year went on like he has done basically since Big 12 play has began. He's basically become a guard that can't really do anything a guard does at this level.

I never thought he was going to score 15 a game but I didn't think he would get worse as the year went on like he has done basically since Big 12 play has began. He's basically become a guard that can't really do anything a guard does at this level.

A guard the rebounds pretty well....are you going to drive this into the dirt the same as "fire stoops"?

I really think gallon is going to be a freakin stud next year... If he looses maybe 10 more pounds and gets alittle faster and in better shape he will be crazy good! I fell sorry for other teams... Tmg,Clark,a new gallon... How do u guard them?

And if willies injury keeps acting up and he decides to come back throw him with those three and we are close to unguardable

A guard the rebounds pretty well....are you going to drive this into the dirt the same as "fire stoops"?

He has not rebounded that well lately. He had over 11 boards a game not long ago now he's at around 8 boards a game this year. Gallon had a great start to the year and was maybe even better than I thought, but in most of Big 12 play he's been an oversized guard and not much more. We need him to be a post player playing behind the basket and using his size and agility to his advantage. He was doing some of these things early in the year but really since Big 12 play he hasn't for the most part.

Back