Tournament resume

pnkranger

Reaction score
4 wins against bubble teams or better with only one at home. 7-11 in the big 12, and we’re in, ya’ll. I think we’ll be a lot better than that, but…

If this team is even mentioned with the bubble come March some extremely bad things have had to happen. This team has a legit shot to finish in the top 3 of the Big 12.

4 wins against bubble teams or better with only one at home. 7-11 in the big 12, and we’re in, ya’ll. I think we’ll be a lot better than that, but…

This team is going to win 10 games in conference. We have 4 games total between osu, WV, and UCF. All of those are extremely winnable. Barring injuries or something extremely unexpected, we will finish in the top half of the conference. The tournament in KC is going to be psychotic.

When all said and done, we are likely going to wind up with at least 3 Quad-1 wins and another Quad-2 win in the non-con. And we have a chance for another Q-1 win against UNC. We are seriously looking at a protected seed in the tournament.

This team is going to win 10 games in conference. We have 4 games total between osu, WV, and UCF. All of those are extremely winnable. Barring injuries or something extremely unexpected, we will finish in the top half of the conference. The tournament in KC is going to be psychotic.

When all said and done, we are likely going to wind up with at least 3 Quad-1 wins and another Quad-2 win in the non-con. And we have a chance for another Q-1 win against UNC. We are seriously looking at a protected seed in the tournament.

Wvu ksu tech all 2-0 capable.

I don't want to just "sneak in" with a 7-11 conference record. I know the tournament is the goal, of course. But i want to deliver some ass whippings to our conference mates on the way out. Heck even if we weren't on the way out. It'd be nice to have an 11-7 or 12-6 again. This team, so far, is where OU bball should have been all along. A 12-6 or better conference record shouldn't be such a pipe dream. I do not care what conference we're in. Do it!

No problem admitting I am shocked at how good they look. This doesn’t appear to be a smoke and mirrors 9-0 start. They LOOK awesome. Very tough conference slate so no reason to take anything for granted, but as others have said already— if we are on the bubble (or out) come Selection Sunday, then something has gone terribly wrong from this point forward.

This looks like a team that could contend for a top 4 seed at least.

This looks like a team that could contend for a top 4 seed at least.

In a basic level of seeding:

1 seed: 1,2,3,4
2 seed: 5,6,7,8
3 seed: 9,10,11,12
4 seed: 13,14,15,16
5 seed: 17,18,19,20
6 seed: 21,22,23,24
7 seed: 25,26,27,28
8 seed: 29,30,31,32

So, on that basic level, we are currently a 5 seed, most likely a 4 seed after today.

Great season so far. Gotta beat UNC somehow. Have we ever beaten them in hoops?

Great season so far. Gotta beat UNC somehow. Have we ever beaten them in hoops?

RESULTS:
(N) 2009/03/29 Oklahoma 60 - North Carolina 72 L !! NCAA Quarterfinal !!
(N) 1990/03/17 Oklahoma 77 - North Carolina 79 L !! NCAA Round of 32 !!
(N) 1982/12/29 Oklahoma 69 - North Carolina 77 L %% Rainbow Classic @ Honolulu %%

In a basic level of seeding:

1 seed: 1,2,3,4
2 seed: 5,6,7,8
3 seed: 9,10,11,12
4 seed: 13,14,15,16
5 seed: 17,18,19,20
6 seed: 21,22,23,24
7 seed: 25,26,27,28
8 seed: 29,30,31,32

So, on that basic level, we are currently a 5 seed, most likely a 4 seed after today.

This may legit be a top 10 top 5 type team when all is said and done.

After the 2018 season (the Trae Young year), I forever swore off even thinking about the NCAA Tournament prior to mid-February. Going into conference play, I believe we were a top-3 team...and wound up sweating it out on Selection Sunday. The conference schedule is going to be a bloodbath and we'll need to win our share of games even if we beat NC in 10 days. That said, this has been (so far) my favorite OU team since the Final Four year.

RESULTS:
(N) 1982/12/29 Oklahoma 69 - North Carolina 77 L %% Rainbow Classic @ Honolulu %%

Would be nice to get a win!

If we somehow beat North Carolina. The LNC will basically be sold out for most of conference play. The hype behind this team is already picking up but it will be next level if we win that one. If we finish non conference 12-1. I’ll be extremely happy.

RESULTS:

You had to mention that, huh? Listing that middle game has my therapist going "cha-ching!". That was the second toughest loss I experienced as a fan after the OU-Kansas final of 1988.

I live in the Charlotte area, and would like to go to that game. I was at the OU-Florida game last year. However, I like to be close to the action so my team hear my cheering. The seats I purchased last year cost me about $50 a seat. This year, it's about $300. I'll have to figure something out, but that is a little out of my price range.

Everyone's living in the future. We should all be just living in the present and enjoying what we've got.

That Carolina game is looking more & more important for the OOC resume’ from where I’m standing, due in large part to those 3 earlier marquee wins not looking so marquee right now. There’s obviously time for things to change, but as of right now:

USC is 5-5 & has lost 4 of 5
Iowa is 6-5 (beat FAMU yesterday to snap a 3 game skid)
Arky is 7-4 (they do have that Duke win, so all credit there)

A lot of those losses are to good teams, so those records aren’t as bad as they look on the surface, but it’d sure make our wins against them look a little better if they’d start winning a few of those. Right now, as far as major opponents go, record-wise, our best win is against Providence. They do have wins over Wisky & UGA, so maybe something’s brewing there. We’ll find out a bit more about them when they get Marquette Tuesday night.

That Carolina game is looking more & more important for the OOC resume’ from where I’m standing, due in large part to those 3 earlier marquee wins not looking so marquee right now. There’s obviously time for things to change, but as of right now:

USC is 5-5 & has lost 4 of 5
Iowa is 6-5 (beat FAMU yesterday to snap a 3 game skid)
Arky is 7-4 (they do have that Duke win, so all credit there)

A lot of those losses are to good teams, so those records aren’t as bad as they look on the surface, but it’d sure make our wins against them look a little better if they’d start winning a few of those. Right now, as far as major opponents go, record-wise, our best win is against Providence. They do have wins over Wisky & UGA, so maybe something’s brewing there. We’ll find out a bit more about them when they get Marquette Tuesday night.

Our resume is fine. We will have plenty of chances for more resume building wins in conference play. Our resume isn’t in danger. Just win.

Our resume is fine. We will have plenty of chances for more resume building wins in conference play. Our resume isn’t in danger. Just win.

I didn’t say it was in danger. I just happened to be on the standings page at ESPN & noticed that currently those wins are as strong as they were thought to be at the time. That’s all.

Back