Trouble at the phog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just glad that Xavier will get a chance to get re-acquainted with WW's junk. I'm betting WW goes for a dunk on him if he gets the chance, even if its a charge.

the Griffin family was like the anti-Henries or maybe the bizarro Henries...the exact opposite of Carl and clan.

Hope they ruin the KU chemistry.

Agreed. Self certainly has an interesting situation to deal with. If he can get Henry (Xavier) to come in and play within himself as part of the team, they will win it all. But that seems like it's going to be a tough task with him looking to be one-and-done and improve his stock.

He's already listed as a late first round pick in a couple of the draft pick, so you know he's going to be looking to "get his" to jump up those boards. Then you add in the C.J. factor with his father (and probably X) expecting him to get playing time, and this could be a recipe for disaster. You also know the KU players who are up there busting their asses will hear about this article.

This marriage certainly isn't off to a good start. John Rhode, who is good friends with Self and apparently talks to him all the time, ripped them for not being in Lawrence on the radio last week. You can just tell that Self is pissed from the way Rhode talked about it. And that was before this article.

is there any doubt now as to the HUGE difference b/w Blake and Taylor and these 2 pieces of trash?

More power to KU and good riddance.

I have to admit Carl is one of the biggest a$$ clowns I have ever met. It is between him and his nephew Joe Adkins who played at OSU. Just the two biggest jerks to ever dribble a basketball.

I have to admit Carl is one of the biggest a$$ clowns I have ever met. It is between him and his nephew Joe Adkins who played at OSU. Just the two biggest jerks to ever dribble a basketball.

Wow, I didn't know that Adkins was his nephew. No wonder we had no shot at landing Joe at OU.

Where are the ku trolls now. LMAO, PROOF POSITIVE THEY ARE ONLY HERE TO POKE US IN THE EYE.

Where are the ku trolls now. LMAO, PROOF POSITIVE THEY ARE ONLY HERE TO POKE US IN THE EYE.
When have they poked you in the eye? I read their posts and many are very complementary of our coaches, players, and the direction of the program. If that's eye poking, I hope they keep it up!

When have they poked you in the eye? I read their posts and many are very complementary of our coaches, players, and the direction of the program. If that's eye poking, I hope they keep it up!

Baumer once poked me in the eye through the computer screen. Enough of the Jayhawk love. Let's get this back on track.

screenshot768gb9.png

[whiney voice] Dad, my braces hurt really bad. I want to stay here this summer. I hate school.

Joe Adkins is Carl's brother-in-law, not his nephew. Barbara and her twin sister both played for Kansas.
The Adkins sisters played at OC Northeast. Their coach was the one who filed the original lawsuit that forced The OSSAA to recognize five-on-five girls basketball in Oklahoma. The whole family has never had much use for OU.

Last edited:
Joe Adkins is Carl's brother-in-law, not his nephew. Barbara and her twin sister both played for Kansas.
The Adkins sisters played at OC Northeast. Their coach was the one who filed the original lawsuit that forced The OSSAA to recognize five-on-five girls basketball in Oklahoma. The whole family has never had much use for OU.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't Tommy Griffin coach Joe Adkins? I remember reading where the Griffin brothers were big fans of Joe when he played for OSU because of this....

well, I would go on record and say IT'S NOT FALSE AT ALL.

Everyone who knows anything about Henry knows what a schmeckle he is.

Guess what guys? This is only getting better. Carl Henry now says he was misquoted by the Kansas City Star, yet this idiot still manages to dig a deeper hole for himself and his kids with his newest quotes.........

http://theshiver.com/2009/06/carl-henry-clears-the-airpart-1/

Here's one gem......

“It’s almost like they don’t want us up there, and right now, my kids don’t want to go because of that article,” Henry said.

And another. Of course, after he says he was misquoted by the KC Star article, he continues to say C.J. is just as good as Collins and the rest of the KU players.......

“Look, I’ve seen Collins and I’ve seen Taylor. I’m their father, I’ve coached them, and I played the game. To me, in my opinion, CJ is just as good or better than Collins. I also said that it doesn’t mean anything though. They will still have to earn a spot. Sherron ain’t just going to give up his spot, CJ will have to earn it,” said Henry. “I told Self to not give my boys nothing and that they will have to work for it. Nobody gives kids stuff, they have to go and beat them out,” Henry added.

If I'm Self, I'm cutting ties with this trash. They can still win a title next year without them, IMO. Thank goodness we haven't had to deal with this stuff.

Last edited:
If I'm Self, I'm cutting ties with this trash. They can still win a title next year without them, IMO. Thank goodness we haven't had to deal with this stuff.

you said a mouthful right there.

Carl Henry you beautiful bastard, you just made the phog the best its ever been.

I honestly think Carl, X, and CJ are in for a rude awakening this year at KU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back