Trouble at the phog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO - This guy is whacked, his kids aren't with the team because of a newspaper article? Good lord this is one crazy family. So glad they are leaving the state. Not Oklahoma's problem anymore.

LMAO - This guy is whacked, his kids aren't with the team because of a newspaper article? Good lord this is one crazy family. So glad they are leaving the state. Not Oklahoma's problem anymore.

None of the Henrys went to Oklahoma anyway, so how was it 'our' problem?

He was referring to the state, not the school.

I think a lot of people over exaggerate how badly the Henrys being in Oklahoma was. Plenty of parents do this to their kids, but since they spurned OU, Carl Henry is a degenerate who will continue to get lambasted for his actions.

I think a lot of people over exaggerate how badly the Henrys being in Oklahoma was. Plenty of parents do this to their kids, but since they spurned OU, Carl Henry is a degenerate who will continue to get lambasted for his actions.

I think he pretty much "spurned" all the schools in state. There's NO reason to defend this goofball. Just read his many quotes. I don't think this is just a Oklahoma-inferiority-complex thing. Heck, the J-hawks are even uneasy about them.

BTW, the other "parents" you are talking about will get "lambasted" when they begin OPENLY putting down our state schools.

Good riddance!!!

no, it's not an exaggeration ...he's a grade-A idiot.

This where you are wrong. He did have influence on OU and OSU through his involvement with AF and AAU basketball. Nice try though.

You don't see us burning Daniel Orton or his Dad just because didn't go to OU....

This where you are wrong. He did have influence on OU and OSU through his involvement with AF and AAU basketball. Nice try though.

You don't see us burning Daniel Orton or his Dad just because didn't go to OU....

Did you read these boards when Orton was second guessing his commitment to Kentucky after Gillespie was fired?

Did you read these boards when Orton was second guessing his commitment to Kentucky after Gillespie was fired?

Yeah, I did. People still wished him well at Kentucky even though we all wanted him here at OU.

If you can't see the difference between the Henrys and the Ortons then I can't help you....

The perfect example is when both were interviewed by one of the news stations and Henry took the time to bash both OU and OSU and Orton did not.

They are a product of their parents. I don't have a problem with Larry Orton wanting his son to go to Kentucky. I get it. Its a basketball school. But you don't see them bagging on OU during the process.

Yeah, I did. People still wished him well at Kentucky even though we all wanted him here at OU.

If you can't see the difference between the Henrys and the Ortons then I can't help you....

The perfect example is when both were interviewed by one of the news stations and Henry took the time to bash both OU and OSU and Orton did not.

They are a product of their parents. I don't have a problem with Larry Orton wanting his son to go to Kentucky. I get it. Its a basketball school. But you don't see them bagging on OU during the process.

Nonetheless plenty of people still complained about Orton taking any opportunity he could get to be interviewed. Add in being paid to speak at schools recruiting Daniel, it only escalated it more.

Nonetheless plenty of people still complained about Orton taking any opportunity he could get to be interviewed. Add in being paid to speak at schools recruiting Daniel, it only escalated it more.

Sure, but NOT MANY thought it reflected on Daniel. You are looking for something that just isn't there...IMO

Some people are going to complain regardless every time a recruit spurns OU or OSU. In general, as an OU fan, I don't have bad feelings for Obi Munelo, Terrance Crawford, Daniel Orton, Kelanna Azubuike, Sheldon Williams, JR Giddens, Darnell Jackson, Kevin Pritchett, etc. These guys are a different story.....

Some people are going to complain regardless every time a recruit spurns OU or OSU. In general, as an OU fan, I don't have bad feelings for Obi Munelo, Terrance Crawford, Daniel Orton, Kelanna Azubuike, Sheldon Williams, JR Giddens, Darnell Jackson, Kevin Pritchett, etc. These guys are a different story.....

Actually, I would put the Azubuike's right up there, just a notch below, the Henry's...

If I hadn't lost the desire for Xavier before, his move in crunch time at the McDonald's game cinched it for me.
I haven't seen a whole lot of people comment on this, but with the game still in doubt he waved all his teammates to the side so he could go one-on-one. When he did this he got his crap slapped back at him, ending up in a layup at the other end.
It just shows how little team means to him. This seems to be a lesson he learned from dad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back