Two suprising stats

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
1. Willie Warren has zero 30 point games this year. This board took a poll on how many he would have and the mean was around 4.

2. Willie Warren has not dunked a basketball since Alaska (I think that was the last time).

I know that neither of these stats matter much in the grand scheme of things but they shock me.

1. Willie Warren has zero 30 point games this year. This board took a poll on how many he would have and the mean was around 4.

2. Willie Warren has not dunked a basketball since Alaska (I think that was the last time).

I know that neither of these stats matter much in the grand scheme of things but they shock me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=41570

According to espn, Willie scored 30 against San Diego. But I would have expected a couple more...

I think as surprising is that he's shooting 28% from 3pt for the year.

I never thought he was a fantastic shooter, but streaky enough to maintain 35+% from 3.

Lower fg%, more turnovers, fewer steals...it's like he didn't improve. Now, in his defense, it's easy playing beside the best player in college basketball.

I really want to see Willie do this again:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68C9L4SPud8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68C9L4SPud8[/ame]

My bad. I guess I blocked that nightmare from my memory. lol
Yea so have I. A lot to try and block out this year. Hard to realize he had 30 of 64 that day.

I will say there is a lot to block out, but this Saturday is a chance at a really nice day. We have to win for Wayman

Stat two is more important because this means he's not getting into passing lanes. That's how you get runouts. We put no pressure in the passing lane outside of cade and this is part of the indicator.

I have noticed that Willie has not dunked a ball in a long time. Dunking is a good way to express aggression. You have to want to throw it down. He isn't the same guy that threw it down against Iowa State last year. He was frustrated in that game and took it out on the rim. This year he just gives up when things get tough. Last year some of the toughest games were at Rice, at Arkansas and at Iowa State. All three times he went off. This year when we go to Baylor, Gonzaga, etc, he just lays down.

Willie not dunking is an example of what another poster said when he started the thread asking if Willie even wants the ball.

I hope Willie shuts up all this talk on Saturday. I know I'll give him all the credit in the world if he mans up against Texas.

3.) Capel is 28-26 without Blake Griffin at OU.

Blake Griffin made everything alright. It comes down to real coaches and players now. :) Hope Coach Capel and the players get well soon. Warren isn't going to have much impact for a few weeks. We need to move on.

Griffin missed the UT (most of it) and KU games....in those two games, Warren had

UT 10-20 (FG), 6-12 (3 FG), 2 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 turnovers, and 27 points
KU 8-16 (FG), 3-6 (3 FG), 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 turnovers, 23 points

Going into this season, the vast majority of OU fans (and probably Capel and his staff) expected SOMEWHAT similar numbers out of Warren. His assist and rebounds are pretty close to those for the year, but the points are off and the shooting % is way off (of course, no one thought he would shoot 50% from 3 point range, but under 30% is a head scratcher).

Add the complete breakdown in defense, individually and as a team, and this season has imploded.

Back