UCLA fires Alford

...and his firing comes days after the Bruins were blown out 73–58 at home to Liberty. UCLA had 24 turnovers and made only six of its 22 3-point shots in the loss.

That's one where you have Alford's bags packed right off the court accompanied by an armed guard for immediate termination.

That's one where you have Alford's bags packed right off the court accompanied by an armed guard for immediate termination.

yeah. Thats bad. with the talent UCLA can rake in that shouldnt happen.

yeah. Thats bad. with the talent UCLA can rake in that shouldnt happen.

they are so unrealistic there... Has to be the perfect fit. Parents, celebs, money...

Last edited:
Idk who could do that job well. Easy to get recruits but then you have to get them to buy in. Fan base is terrible as well.

they are so unrealistic there... Has to be the perfect fit. Parents, celebs, money...

Coach cant make shots for them... FYI

so is that what kills USC too? I heard someone say cali basketball is soft. they useta get such amazing players. it's a far cry from the 60's and 70's.

so is that what kills USC too? I heard someone say cali basketball is soft. they useta get such amazing players. it's a far cry from the 60's and 70's.
Everyone is on TV these days, best players don't have to go to certain schools anymore to be seen. Add the fact Alford is no Wooden

It's been an interesting reaction in New Mexico. Some fans want him to come back to UNM as soon as possible, and others think it's "karma" that he got the hook after what he pulled on them in 2013. I always thought he was looking for an exit, especially since they can't pay that well (due in part to lousy financial support of the football program).

For a program with such rich basketball history and lacking any real football success, they have terrible fans.

Seriously, their fans are so fair weather and just awful. I would expect more from a program of their stature.

It sure seems like it’s harder to win at UCLA than it should be.

Back