UK strikes out on Tobias Harris Tenn gets him.

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
What does this mean for Jones? I don't know. I think it does prove that UK and KU don't just automatically get the best recruits. I think it bares watching the Recruitment of a guy like Javaughan Pinkston. He's a guy that was ready to commit to UT and backed out at the last minute. If you see UK or even OU recruiting this Pinkston kid, it is an indicator that schools might be going the other direction. I do feel that OU is recruiting Jones for the perimeter. I think UK is recruiting him for the post, but they're pumping this dribble drive lie. Also, alot of these recruiting analyst are nothing more than glorified message board posters. Check out this one from a UK recruiting analyst:

Tennessee- Out? No. The New York Daily News reported yesterday that 6′8″ power forward Jayvaughn Pinkston would sign with the Vols today. Initially that had to make you believe that Tobias wouldn’t want to come in and compete immediately with a kid like Pinkston in his same class, so Vols…out…right? No. Tobias made a surprise visit to Knoxville on his way back from Georgia Tech, which had Jeff Goodman tweeting that most coaching staff’s in the hunt feel like the Vols will get him. This morning Zag’s blog reports that Pinkston is going to be taking a fresh look at his situation and waiting until Spring. The tea leaves aren’t usually this easy to read in recruiting situations so I’d be a total fool if I didn’t tell you that Tennessee is probably the favorite on deadline day…the day that matters most.

The point is these guys don't know jack. We've saw where Jones is a UW lock and now we're seeing where he's a UO lock. Next he'll be a UK lean. Fact is these guys don't know anything.

Back