update on Ellis

Since he is 6'8", I assume Perry is the white kid on the right in this photo. Am I right? If so.....my goodness, he is 15 years old and has a beard?

ellis is in the back, directly behind the guy in the jacket.

It would be nice to see OU get in on Reese, but with his father being an ex A&M player it's going to be hard. From going to the Next Level website, it looks like Mo-Kan Spiece was in Pool play with The Nolan Richardson Akansas Mustangs and Gulf Coast Blue Chips. Pro Skills played, Peter's team played in Poo1 11. Looking at the Pool sites and it shows that Hollis Price has an AAU team called Hollis Price Elite. That's a neat deal. He probably gets that St. Augustine talent and other N.O.top players. My nephew played their this week, but he played in the 14 year old division that was at another gym. I'll ask him if he saw any good kids. He probably knows Ellis since they are a year apart.

http://www.fieldhouseusa.com/view.content.php?ID=28

bbhoops, did you find out if Ellis is going to Elite camp the 1-4th?

Here's a little tidbit from the whorns board regarding Green (seems odd if his dad were an Aggie grad):

I got a little "inside" info on the number 5 player on that list out of Bryan, J-Mych Reese.

I live in B-CS and work near Bryan High and have seen his dad's car with a shiny longhorn emblem on the back. Not exactly a commitment but it's a good start.

Also my brother-in-law is a principal at BISD and said that Rick Barnes was at Bryan High today and that dad wants Texas. Also said the rumor around school is that he is going to commit to Texas before next basketball season. (Sophmore year)

Now my brother in law is an aggy so he may just be getting my hopes up to watch them come crashing down.
So take that for what it's worth.

It would be hard for me to believe J-Mychal Reese would commit to UT when they have an Elite PG in the class of 2011 already committed. If his recruitment is wide open, then I welcome that, but at the same time, he's a kid that will have everyone and thier dog after him. Here's a video on how his dad developed his game.

http://www.prepticket.com/video/market/national/id/823292:Video:59740

ellis is supposed to be running with the kansas players this year rather than spiece mokan. i didn't see them on the schedule, but perhaps they were labeled as the kc players?

That would make more sense because Houston is in that Bracket. I don't find it encouraging that he travels all the way to KC to play AAU ball. I know in actuality that someone probably comes and picks him up when possible or he won't go to every practice, but it would be a shorter trip to Tulsa or OKC. Maybe he can play with AF next year?

Dalonte Hill, Cline, and Manning, a good recruiting trio.

I guess that's the thirty four year old fan in me thinking that. I really don't know anyone Manning has recruited outside of Releford and Orton. Funny thing is if you would tell a kid that Danny Manning was the alltime leading scorer of the Big 8, they would look at you like, "what are you talking about"? Regardless, a 6'9 ex NBA player recruiting you should be impressive.

This thread should be a top sticky.

Perry plays on the Kansas Players team they had it printed wrong. Yes, freshman Wesley Staten from Iowa plays with Perry. It is a new team since Perry and Wesley both played with Mo-kan last year. This is their first tournament so they are just getting things going. Kellen Sampson was there watching Perry. I think Perry is going to the elite camp in August waiting on confirmation on date.

Last edited:
Since he is 6'8", I assume Perry is the white kid on the right in this photo. Am I right? If so.....my goodness, he is 15 years old and has a beard?

this is a photo of Perry with Blake on his visit to OU.

Attachments

• pe and blake.jpg
    pe and blake.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 47
this is a photo of Perry with Blake on his visit to OU.

What is Perry's general feelings about Oklahoma versus the other schools? I saw where you have said he has spoken highly of Blake and Coach Capel. How high would OU rank versus Kansas, KSU, and UNC, his other favorite schools?

What is Perry's general feelings about Oklahoma versus the other schools? I saw where you have said he has spoken highly of Blake and Coach Capel. How high would OU rank versus Kansas, KSU, and UNC, his other favorite schools?
I would say his top two schools at this time are OU and KU. They were both at the same open gym together which was interesting. I think they know they are eachothers toughest competition.

And does his mom still prefer KU(according to KU fans)? Is his dad in the picture, and who does he prefer?

I would say his top two schools at this time are OU and KU. They were both at the same open gym together which was interesting. I think they know they are eachothers toughest competition.

Thanks for all of your updates on PE. Really appreciate them.

And does his mom still prefer KU(according to KU fans)? Is his dad in the picture, and who does he prefer?

Mom has been to several KU games and one OU game.
Dad has been to several KU games and one OU game.
They seemed to both like Self and Capel.

I think there is more talk about KU because they started following Perry several years ago and OU just started showing interested this year. What I heard was OU didn't think they had a chance with Perry until they heard he was a Blake fan and then started reaching out to him. Perry has a great support system and his Parents just want him to be happy there is no pressure for him to pick a certain school over the other. I think either school has a great shoot at getting him. That is my opinion anyway. Perry will be at the Sooner Cager Classic on May 8th-10th go check him out. You will not believe he is only 15 he has some great skills already and continues to work hard to get better.

I have heard that Capel and Perry (hopefully the whole Ellis family) have already forged a great relationship. That is the only shot that OU has got on this one imo.

It would be hard for me to believe J-Mychal Reese would commit to UT when they have an Elite PG in the class of 2011 already committed. If his recruitment is wide open, then I welcome that, but at the same time, he's a kid that will have everyone and thier dog after him. Here's a video on how his dad developed his game.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Kids don't seem to mind these days when they are in different classes and since most teams use more than one PG at the same time.

I had heard from a someone that follows the Texas recruiting scene that he is an early Texas lean. The thing that troubles me is that I just found a picture of Zach Peters in an ugly looking Horn sweatshirt. I know that there is a lot of pressure on these Texas kids to stay in state and go to places like UT with their friends.....

At the end of the day, it's a business decision. That's why you have to applaud a guy like Lance Stephenson who didn't react on instincts or who he "liked" but instead held off and waited. Now he might put himself in a situation to play at Arizona and be the go to guy on a program that will come back real quick. I wouldn't be too alarmed with Peters. If he doesn't go to OU, it would mean OU has put themselves in great position with Ellis. If OU were to have a Pecking order for 2011 and 2012, it would be Ellis and then everyone else.

We need to get a big crowd if possible on one of the days 8th to 10th to chant we want Perry or something.

We need to get a big crowd if possible on one of the days 8th to 10th to chant we want Perry or something.

Look for several OU recruits at this tournament. I think these tournament organizers(Gary Vick) are very good at bringing in teams that have kids interested in local schools. I wouldn't be suprised to see the All Iowa Attack there, Team Texas will definetely be there, the Dallas Heroes, Dallas Mustangs, DFW Elite, Pro Skills, and FCA are teams that might show up as well. If there is an East Coast team that shows up, that is going to be an indicator of a kid OU is after. This weekend, the Lawrence AAU tournament happens to have KU commit Royce Woolridge and Harrison Barnes in for that tournament. Two years ago the Cager Classic had Team Texas with WW and RC and last year it had AJ Walton, a PG that would have went to OU if TMG didn't come along and Roger Franklin, a guy OU wanted badly.

Back