update on Ellis

yea, I am too old to be in college so I will not be a sooner. I might be a sooner fan if that is where Perry ends up going. So there is still hope for me.

BBH, you're okay in my book either way. Thanks for the reports on Ellis! :clap

Jeff actually outsmarted the game. Self's camp is the 5-6. OU's camp is the 1-4. So he can actually attend both. I suspect Clark and Ellis will go to both camps. If OU can bring another one of it's prospects in that would be great. I suspect they bring in the kid from PCO. Travis Ford is having his "basketball school" the 5-6 as well. He pretty much is eliminating himself from getting Clark to camp. It's odd for both KU and OSU to have camps on the 5th and 6th. Generally schools don't schedule them on Fridays and Saturdays because of the AAU weekend touraments.

That is strange that OSU would do this.

That is strange that OSU would do this.

Yeah and no. He's not recruiting the same guys that KU is. OU and KU are locked head to head on three guys. Clark lists OSU, but they really aren't a player. Now that I think about it, its actually pretty smart. If OU get's the Texas guys the 1-4, they don't even have to leave the state to go to OSU's camp the 5-6. Problem still is AAU. I see more guys skipping an AAU weekend to go to KU, but not so much OSU. I had a problem last year with a kid that I was working with when I signed him up for OU camp and he couldn't go because he was leaving for an AAU game on that Thursday, the day the camp ended.

Just confirmed it is Coach Kline coming to Wichita on Wednesday night for open gym.

Just confirmed Okla State is also coming to Wichita Heights tonight along with KStates Hill and Underwood. Looks like OU Cline will not have to share with anyone on Wednesday. Well at least at this moment.

Good lord isn't the kid a freshman or do I have the wrong kid here? Shouldn't we get excited in 3 years if he says we are 1 of 3 or something? This is getting crazy following the recruiting of a high school freshman.

Good lord isn't the kid a freshman or do I have the wrong kid here? Shouldn't we get excited in 3 years if he says we are 1 of 3 or something? This is getting crazy following the recruiting of a high school freshman.

dude is a beast.. and this is the life of recruiting... dang you usc getting 8th grade committments!

It's really just a sign of how much our recruiting has improved that we are in on a kid with this much hype/talent at an early age.

He's the number one Freshman. 2012 will be a good year because 4 of the top 10 players nationally live in Witchita, Plano, Grand Prairie, and Houston. OU is in on all of them.

He has had more hype for a freshmen (almost sophomore) than any midwest kid since I have been following recruiting. He also loves Capel and OU. Why not get excited?

Here is the update on all the coaches that were in Wichita over the last couple of weeks.
April 10th Texas A&M Pooh Williamson was at Wichita Heights for an open gym.
April 21st Daunte Hill and Brad Underwood of Kstate and Chris Ferguson of Okla State were there for an open gym.
April 22nd Mark Cline of OU and Danny Manning of Ku were at open gym.

Here is the update on all the coaches that were in Wichita over the last couple of weeks.
April 10th Texas A&M Pooh Williamson was at Wichita Heights for an open gym.
April 21st Daunte Hill and Brad Underwood of Kstate and Chris Ferguson of Okla State were there for an open gym.
April 22nd Mark Cline of OU and Danny Manning of Ku were at open gym.

We had to share with Manning? BOOOOOOOOO!

Perry played in Dallas this weekend. His played well he had 5 dunks in his first game and had 21 points. His team took second in pool but lost first bracket game by 1 point.

Perry played in Dallas this weekend. His played well he had 5 dunks in his first game and had 21 points. His team took second in pool but lost first bracket game by 1 point.

Which aau team does he play for? Do you follow any of the other kids from his class. I know that OU is also recruiting Zach Peters of Plano Texas (Prestonwood) and J-Mychal Reese Bryan High School in Texas. Those three are ranked 1, 2, and 3 in the early 2012 rankings!

How cool would that be to land all three!

Which aau team does he play for? Do you follow any of the other kids from his class. I know that OU is also recruiting Zach Peters of Plano Texas (Prestonwood) and J-Mychal Reese Bryan High School in Texas. Those three are ranked 1, 2, and 3 in the early 2012 rankings!

I feel pretty confident on our chances for most players from Texas.

It would be nice to see OU get in on Reese, but with his father being an ex A&M player it's going to be hard. From going to the Next Level website, it looks like Mo-Kan Spiece was in Pool play with The Nolan Richardson Akansas Mustangs and Gulf Coast Blue Chips. Pro Skills played, Peter's team played in Poo1 11. Looking at the Pool sites and it shows that Hollis Price has an AAU team called Hollis Price Elite. That's a neat deal. He probably gets that St. Augustine talent and other N.O.top players. My nephew played their this week, but he played in the 14 year old division that was at another gym. I'll ask him if he saw any good kids. He probably knows Ellis since they are a year apart.

http://www.fieldhouseusa.com/view.content.php?ID=28

bbhoops, did you find out if Ellis is going to Elite camp the 1-4th?

it looks like Mo-Kan Spiece was in Pool play with The Nolan Richardson Akansas Mustangs and Gulf Coast Blue Chips

ellis is supposed to be running with the kansas players this year rather than spiece mokan. i didn't see them on the schedule, but perhaps they were labeled as the kc players?

i'd be curious as to who else is on on the kansas players team. especially if wesley staten is running with them.

Back