updated OU #3 in current ESPN bracket

Re: OU #8 in current bracketology

Get back to Win column saturday!

Re: OU #8 in current bracketology

I would take that bracket in a heartbeat. FSU as the 5 and Nova as the 1 seed. Nova is by far the weakest of the 1 seeds.

If we could beat nova in the tourney, that would be a small measure of revenge for the game that shall not be named.

Re: Lundardi's latest bracketology

We have eight games left. My prediction is that we go 4-4 with a sweep of Iowa State, a win over K State, and a Bedlam split. That would put us at 15-9 heading into the conference tournament. I wonder what kind of seed we'd be looking at at that point.

It wouldn’t be a rematch with Creighton. We got blown out by Xavier earlier this season :)

Oh you are correct Mont, I think I went back to last year. I think we played Creighton last year and beat them didn't we. Well, I would still love to match up with Xavier again!!

Oh you are correct Mont, I think I went back to last year. I think we played Creighton last year and beat them didn't we. Well, I would still love to match up with Xavier again!!

We played them on the road last season. Lost by 10 points.

We have eight games left. My prediction is that we go 4-4 with a sweep of Iowa State, a win over K State, and a Bedlam split. That would put us at 15-9 heading into the conference tournament. I wonder what kind of seed we'd be looking at at that point.

Hard to say for sure. A lot of it depends on how other teams currently in the same range do during the same stretch. Some of it depends on how those wins/losses/performances impact the various metrics the committee uses.

However, given the scenario you've laid out (a little pessimistic in my view, but I digress), I think that would put OU in the 6 seed range with a decent shot at a 5. OU already has a lot going for them. They play in the #1 RPI conference. They already have a ton of good ("Q1") wins. They don't have any bad losses (and wouldn't assuming they take care of business vs. ISU and KSU). Given the scenario you've laid out, I just don't think there will be 24 teams in the country with better resumes.

Hard to say for sure. A lot of it depends on how other teams currently in the same range do during the same stretch. Some of it depends on how those wins/losses/performances impact the various metrics the committee uses.

However, given the scenario you've laid out (a little pessimistic in my view, but I digress), I think that would put OU in the 6 seed range with a decent shot at a 5. OU already has a lot going for them. They play in the #1 RPI conference. They already have a ton of good ("Q1") wins. They don't have any bad losses (and wouldn't assuming they take care of business vs. ISU and KSU). Given the scenario you've laid out, I just don't think there will be 24 teams in the country with better resumes.

if that's the case i would rather be a 6 than a 5. avoid the 5 vs 12 matchup, and avoid the 1 seed until the elite 8

if that's the case i would rather be a 6 than a 5. avoid the 5 vs 12 matchup, and avoid the 1 seed until the elite 8

That’s a very good point. You’d hate to be a four or five in a region with Gonzaga or Baylor. The other one seeds don’t worry me too much, although Nova could get on a roll if they ever get healthy and play regularly. But it would be awful to know you have Gonzaga or Baylor in your path at any point before the Elite 8.

Re: updated OU #4 in current bracketology

Espn now has Bama as a 1 seed. They’re a good team but I just don’t see them anywhere near a 1 seed. If they get that 1 seed, I would want OU to be a 4 seed in their regional.

Seth Davis, during the CBS halftime show of the KU-WVU game, gave OU a three seed.

Re: updated OU #2 in current CBS bracket

I'm dreading a re-hash of 1990. We come in seeded high (we obviously won't be #1, but still high) and are rewarded with an underachieving blue blood flush with future NBA talent. I can already see us staying hot, getting a 2, and seeing Carolina as the 7.

I have hated Rick Fox ever since.

Last edited:

Dont like that draw at all. OU's region is murderers row. Potential 2nd round matchup with wisky, then iowa, then the Zags. Near impossible path to the FF.

I do think we have a punchers chance of making the FF, but probably not in this hypothetical region.

Yup, there are a lot of tough matchups for us, but Gonzaga and Baylor are the two teams I don't see us beating. I also don't see any way that Garza doesn't eat us alive.

Re: updated OU #2 in current CBS bracket

I'm dreading a re-hash of 1990. We come in seeded high (we obviously won't be #1, but still high) and are rewarded with an underachieving blue blood flush with future NBA talent. I can already see us staying hot, getting a 2, and seeing Carolina as the 7.

I have hated Rick Fox ever since.

I’ve had that same thought a time or twenty. Was thinking about watching Duke the other night. Sure wish they would just save everyone the trouble by not making the tournament.

Yup, there are a lot of tough matchups for us, but Gonzaga and Baylor are the two teams I don't see us beating. I also don't see any way that Garza doesn't eat us alive.

I would probably put Michigan in that category as well....which is why I hope we end up in the Ohio State region. Would like to draw Bama again or Houston as our 2/3. My preference would be not to face Garza either.

Back