Walkon Thread

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Here's the question. What kids did you see this year that were not offered by OU or OSU that you think with the right coaching, training table, weight training etc could be a player at OU, e.g. who would you like to see walk on at OU:

Here's mine:

1) Stuart Sullivan. 6'7 kid from red oak. Think David Little. skinny, aggressive and can knock the bottom out from 23-24 feet; would love to see what this kid could be with 20 pounds of muscle, good coaching and an opportunity;
2) Tyrus McGee. 6'1-2 kid from stringtown. Think Dante Swanson, only a little taller and with a better shot. Kid's probably going to Tulsa if he qualifies and it wouldn't suprise me at all if he ends up being a good player.

Any other kids in the State that might could blossom under the right situation?

Here's the question. What kids did you see this year that were not offered by OU or OSU that you think with the right coaching, training table, weight training etc could be a player at OU, e.g. who would you like to see walk on at OU:

Here's mine:

1) Stuart Sullivan. 6'7 kid from red oak. Think David Little. skinny, aggressive and can knock the bottom out from 23-24 feet; would love to see what this kid could be with 20 pounds of muscle, good coaching and an opportunity;
2) Tyrus McGee. 6'1-2 kid from stringtown. Think Dante Swanson, only a little taller and with a better shot. Kid's probably going to Tulsa if he qualifies and it wouldn't suprise me at all if he ends up being a good player.

So Sullivan played with Lane Adams at Red Oak? Red Oak must have had a pretty doggone good team, huh!

Here's mine:

Dante Swanson is a very good comparison.

Donte Foster is a kid that could play some. He would be good for a few minutes here or there. Keaton Collins of Guthrie is a kid that could play D1 basketball in my opinion. He plays alot like the Oklahoma kid at Drake, except he can handle. Alex Ewings of Jenks is a bigtime athlete that if he had worked on his offensive game, he would be a major D1 basketball player. He's one of the top athletes in the state. The two Harris boys from BTW. Now the 6'2 post player is not going to play for any major college, but if you ever get a chance to see this kid play, he's textbook. If you had a big man's camp, you could use him to demonstrate everything. His footwork is superb. He's like a 6'2 Tiny Gallon. Shawn Jackson the football player and brother of Prentice Elliot from McClain is a very sound PG despite being heavy for a PG. He's a less explosive version of Byron Eaton.

where did Nicki Combs from santa fe go last year? i heard he was considering walkin-on last year?

Nice to see some Dante Swanson references on here. Gotta represent the Dub Town.

We need an Eric Coley type player. 6'4" slasher type player. There are loads of these guys who go lower level because of being tweeners, not good enough handles for PG, not enough range for SG, and not quite tall enough to be a four, but players nonetheless. Anyone seen any of these types in the area. There are 3 or 4 out here in Vegas that I would love to have walk-on.

Donte Foster is a kid that could play some. He would be good for a few minutes here or there. Keaton Collins of Guthrie is a kid that could play D1 basketball in my opinion. He plays alot like the Oklahoma kid at Drake, except he can handle. Alex Ewings of Jenks is a bigtime athlete that if he had worked on his offensive game, he would be a major D1 basketball player. He's one of the top athletes in the state. The two Harris boys from BTW. Now the 6'2 post player is not going to play for any major college, but if you ever get a chance to see this kid play, he's textbook. If you had a big man's camp, you could use him to demonstrate everything. His footwork is superb. He's like a 6'2 Tiny Gallon. Shawn Jackson the football player and brother of Prentice Elliot from McClain is a very sound PG despite being heavy for a PG. He's a less explosive version of Byron Eaton.

I believe he's going to OSU for football. No idea if he's thought of walking on for basketball.

We need an Eric Coley type player. 6'4" slasher type player. There are loads of these guys who go lower level because of being tweeners, not good enough handles for PG, not enough range for SG, and not quite tall enough to be a four, but players nonetheless. Anyone seen any of these types in the area. There are 3 or 4 out here in Vegas that I would love to have walk-on.

Sorry OT but I haven't thought about Coley in years! what a stud! A true cowboy as well. Anyone know where he ended up? Was one of my Fav TU players ever.

I played FB @ TU when Coley was playing basketball. His mom passed away, he showed up the next day for a game, said some words before the game, then proceeded to put 30+ on UAB or Tulane (can't remember which one). At least 10pts were on sick dunks. Another good Eufala area athlete.

I loved watching Coley play at TU. I use to workout sometimes with him when he was at Eufaula.

Donte Foster would be a great walk on. The kid just knows how to play.

The other guard from Foster was just a gamer too. He always reminded me of Miles from the Zona team that made the run to the championship.

Alex Ewings is an okay player but when you are the 4th best player on your own team, then I wouldn't say you could be major D-1. He is a good athlete though.

Nic Harris is 6-0. I am being nice when I say this. He is the same height as me and I am not 6-0. Usess his body well but is also known as one of the dirtiest players in the Tulsa area. His favorite move in the past was to pull a USC and punch players in the nuts if they score on him.

I loved watching Coley play at TU. I use to workout sometimes with him when he was at Eufaula.

Eric is one of the all time great guys. You would never expect a guy that use to tame horses to be able to jump like that.

I haven't seen him in 5 years or so but I hope things are going well for him.

Dante Swanson is one of those guys if he was playing now, he would have had so many more offers. I would take him every time over Page or Clarke.

I didn't mention him, but my 3d pick would have been Donte Foster. We should have given him a football scholarship. He is just an athlete. If he dedicated to basketball, it would be interesting to see how good he could become.

As for Lane Adams, I saw Red Oak play a few times this year. Could understand it if everyone disagreed with me, but I think Stuart is the better D-1 prospect. Lane just isn't a D-1 guard. If he was 3-4 inches taller, we wouldn't be talking walkon or prospect, he would have been offered by everyone. JMO.

Anybody know of any tall guys in the state that might could develop. Last year the 6-11 kid walked on at OSU. I have never seen him play. Anybody like him in the state?

Donte Foster would be a great walk on. The kid just knows how to play.

The other guard from Foster was just a gamer too. He always reminded me of Miles from the Zona team that made the run to the championship.

Alex Ewings is an okay player but when you are the 4th best player on your own team, then I wouldn't say you could be major D-1. He is a good athlete though.

Nic Harris is 6-0. I am being nice when I say this. He is the same height as me and I am not 6-0. Usess his body well but is also known as one of the dirtiest players in the Tulsa area. His favorite move in the past was to pull a USC and punch players in the nuts if they score on him

Miles is a good comparison for Collins. I love that kid. I think he's going to play football, but if he played Basketball, he'd be one of those kids that people would be talking about in terms of "where did he come from". Never said Ewings was a very good player, but from an athletic standard, he has the tools of a bigtime athlete. He is very much like Eric Coley with his athletism. No doubt he has major holes in his game. That's why he's going to Rogers State. I have no doubt he could be a shutdown defender on a D1 level and he can jump out the gym much like Hadnott from last year. As for Harris, I do not doubt what you have said. Being 6ft playing agaisnt guys 4-8 inches taller than you requires you to play a different style. However, the kid is flat out basketball saavy. Put his bball IQ on a 6'8 or even 6'6 guy and he's a high major recruit. He literally is a miniature Tiny Gallon. The other Harris kid is superquick. Are they cousins or brothers? Any relation to Nate Harris?

Miles is a good comparison for Collins. I love that kid. I think he's going to play football, but if he played Basketball, he'd be one of those kids that people would be talking about in terms of "where did he come from". Never said Ewings was a very good player, but from an athletic standard, he has the tools of a bigtime athlete. He is very much like Eric Coley with his athletism. No doubt he has major holes in his game. That's why he's going to Rogers State. I have no doubt he could be a shutdown defender on a D1 level and he can jump out the gym much like Hadnott from last year. As for Harris, I do not doubt what you have said. Being 6ft playing agaisnt guys 4-8 inches taller than you requires you to play a different style. However, the kid is flat out basketball saavy. Put his bball IQ on a 6'8 or even 6'6 guy and he's a high major recruit. He literally is a miniature Tiny Gallon. The other Harris kid is superquick. Are they cousins or brothers? Any relation to Nate Harris?

After seeing Ewing from 8th grade on and growing up with Eric, Ewings is not even close to Eric in jumping. Ewings is a nice player, however his athleticism is over state becasue he was on a team filled with non athletic guys besides Pope.

I believe the two Harris boys are both Nate's kids but I could be wrong there. I think somehow they have different Mothers though. I could be way off here. I just know that Nic is Nate's kid for sure.

Where is Ewings going? And Combs still hasn't signed?

Dante Swanson turned into a hell of a shooter, but I really hope Tulsa lands this guy. TU has a scholarship available because some freshman out of Houston just left the team.

He will go to Tulsa if he makes the test score, and it would be a really nice get for the Hurricane.

Tyrus Mcgee, Donte Medder, Bryson Pope, and Kodi Maduka would give Wojcik a great class this year.

Back