Wayman dead

Re: Waymon dead

Wow, I mean I knew he had cancer and the leg amputated but I had no idea any of it was life threatening. The article doesn't say what happened exactly. Very unfortunate loss for the Sooner Family.

Shocking and awful news. I'm not sure what to say.

The entire Sooner nation grieves with the Tisdale family.

There was no better example of a human being to look up to. His generosity, courage, and spirit will live on.

please forgive me for misspelling his name, I am just so devastated that I can hardly type.

very sad and i also wasn't aware his cancer was life threatening still.

I just saw this on the news, my thoughts and prayers go out to the Tisdale family

Nothing to be devastated about. He lived a life that should inspire any of us. I hope I can touch even a fraction of the people he touched in his life. An amazing human being.

The fact that he was so joyful and wouldn't allow others to grieve for him throughout this process just shows what kind of person he truly is.

Heaven is all the brighter today...

That is very sad. He was one of the greatest people that I have ever seen.

I only met him once, so I can't say he's an old pal of mine or anything. But it still feels like I just lost a good friend.

I'm crushed. I'm so, so sorry! Wayman was a SUPER, SUPER human.

I'm devastated as many others are. I can't believe I'm reading this.

This one really bothers me. I'm so sorry!

Prayers to his family.

Nothing to be devastated about. He lived a life that should inspire any of us. I hope I can touch even a fraction of the people he touched in his life. An amazing human being.

The fact that he was so joyful and wouldn't allow others to grieve for him throughout this process just shows what kind of person he truly is.

Great post.

Shocking and awful news. I'm not sure what to say.

The entire Sooner nation grieves with the Tisdale family.

There was no better example of a human being to look up to. His generosity, courage, and spirit will live on.

So true Malcolm!!!! Never seen anyone who enjoyed playing the game more.... Never saw anyone smile as big as he did. Never met anyone as famous who was also as humble. He truly lived his faith. May GOD bless the Tisdale family.

I had no idea his life was in jeopardy. I thought he was doing well. My prayers go out to his family.

I played basketball against him when I was 16 what a great human being I am crushed

I remember when I was little going to BTW high school games in Tulsa. The team always had the sweetest warm-ups and uniforms. I couldn't figure it out until someone told me that Wayman supplied them for the team every year.

I know his selflessness reached far beyond anecdotes like this one, but it's my first Wayman memory.

A great, great guy that never forgot where he came from and honored the Sooner nation with the way he lived his life every day.

44 years is not long enough for a person like Wayman. What a sad day for his family and the University of Oklahoma community.

I remember when I was little going to BTW high school games in Tulsa. The team always had the sweetest warm-ups and uniforms. I couldn't figure it out until someone told me that Wayman supplied them for the team every year.

I know his selflessness reached far beyond anecdotes like this one, but it's my first Wayman memory.

A great, great guy that never forgot where he came from and honored the Sooner nation with the way he lived his life every day.

44 years is not long enough for a person like Wayman. What a sad day for his family and the University of Oklahoma community.

:clap:clap:clap

He never complained about his situation. He never stopped putting others 1st.

I'm incredibly saddened to hear the news but I agree wholeheartedly with this post.

RIP big fella and thanks for the memories both on and off the court.

I watched all his games in LNC when i was a kid. I used to keep game stats, he could really fill up the stat line and then fill up the next guys and next guys when his ran over. My favorite Sooner player. RIP.

Back