What other teams/schools do you like?

thebigabd

Reaction score
I often take heat for liking other schools (Tulsa, Nebraska, Tech, Colorado, Mizzou), but are there other teams that you guys and gals follow and want to win? Or do you guys only like and follow OU?

as you know, abd, i follow Colorado but even 15 years in grad school, going to games at the CEC, and working at CU i can't figure out if i ever really pull for them or not. i kind of like to see their football fans suffer, i have to say, it's kinda sadistic i admit.

outside the conference, i like Phil Martelli at St. Joe's and Izzo. i always pull for MU against KU in the Border War.

I like to see Tulsa do well. i also pull a little for the U of Denver since i worked there 1 year and they are new (again) to D-1.

Tulsa and Michigan. Generally root for UNC over Duke as well.

Kentucky.....ever since Rex Chapman was there

Had a chance to go to midnight madness the year after they won the Championship with Tubby and watch them raise the banner...i wont ever forget that night...

Good thread. Impossible to like OU because of Bob Stoops (The devil). The stoops effect is so intense, even capel's ADORABLE tweets cannot overcome stoops' evilness.

I like Oregon State.

Good thread. Impossible to like OU because of Bob Stoops (The devil). The stoops effect is so intense, even capel's ADORABLE tweets cannot overcome stoops' evilness.

I like Oregon State.

I do pull for Kansas State football... Have always liked the Wildcats, except when they drilled OU in the Big 12 Championship game.

How do you think Coffman will do this year? Is Valentine the starting running back? I thought Dold was going to be a really good back, but I guess they moved him to safety.

I like quite a few teams. Tulsa and St. Mary's spring to mind right off the bat.

Of course, I would not dream of presuming that my experiences as a fan interested in those teams is anything close to what actual fans of those schools enjoy and endure.

How do you think Coffman will do this year? Is Valentine the starting running back? I thought Dold was going to be a really good back, but I guess they moved him to safety.

Oh. My. God. We need a football board, bad. You are seriously a God, abd.

I have hats for multiple schools:

UCLA
Duke
South Florida
Villanova
Syracuse
Penn State
Louisville
Arizona State
Virginia Tech
Georgia Tech

But those all match my clothes, so that is why I bought them. As for schools I 'like', I would say Villanova is really the only school that I support.

New Mexico (home state).

Also pulled for Oregon when I was in high school, had a man crush on Luke Jackson and Luke Ridnour.

My Dad was a hawk under Owens, so I grew up watching them a lot. Probably why I never developed animosity towards KU.

I have hats for multiple schools:

UCLA
Duke
South Florida
Villanova
Syracuse
Penn State
Louisville
Arizona State
Virginia Tech
Georgia Tech

I dont own a single hat. I dont need one, I have great hair.

I take a ton of heat for it, but here goes

Basketball
Duke
UCLA
Louisville
Gonzaga

Football
USC
Georgia

Michigan, Villanova, Arkansas, and Alabama

There is one team I enjoy seeing win.

One or two I enjoy seeing lose, and everyone else is completely inconsequential to me.

There is one team I enjoy seeing win.

One or two I enjoy seeing lose, and everyone else is completely inconsequential to me.

1.) OSU.

2.) OU, Texas.

Am I right?

1.) OSU.

2.) OU, Texas.

Am I right?

Right about who I like to see win.

As far as losing, it changes with each sport. I like to see OU and Texas Tech football lose, don't really care about seeing any college basketball team lose. Only care about OSU, if they're good, I'm satisfied.

Then in MLB, I love seeing the Rangers and Angels lose. Haven't found an NBA team to hate yet.

Don't have much interest in the NFL.

Edit - I should say that I often root for the "underdog" but that's so fluid that it never gives me the time to be attached to them.

Last edited:
Then in MLB, I love seeing the Rangers and Angels lose.

always an NL team over an AL team. that's a solid.

the DH is....like my g-paw used to say (got offers to pitch in the Cards and Cubs minor league system)....but, he has to make a living with a wife and 2 kids (one who played football for OU)....."if you don't bring a bat, ball and glove...then you didn't play the game that day".

Back