What other teams/schools do you like?

For different and varying reasons:

Georgetown
Gonzaga
Stanford
Boston College
Dayton
Washington

There's lots of basketball teams I like, and many I have some interest in, but these are the teams I most actively follow and root for (other than my beloved Sooners obviously). It's kind of a hodge-podge, I know.

Kentucky.....ever since Rex Chapman was there

Had a chance to go to midnight madness the year after they won the Championship with Tubby and watch them raise the banner...i wont ever forget that night...

Rex has a son Zeke that plays on my sons High School team here in Scottsdale.

He is a baller like the old man.

Zeke Chapman

OU only. Anything else is just plain wrong.

ksu

cal

a&m
nu (sometimes, and only 'cause doc is so adorable)
utah schools except byu
harvard
princeton
michigan
alabama (new)

TU in all sports.

I used to be a big time UK fan when Pitino was there. I follow UL now b/c of him, but not to the same extreme. Can't think of anybody else I follow year to year.

I like to follow my local teams lehigh and Lafayette but there is such little coverage most of the time that its hard to do

Rex has a son Zeke that plays on my sons High School team here in Scottsdale.

He is a baller like the old man.

Zeke Chapman

Thanks for the link...i knew he was getting old enough to be in high school now but was wondering if he was still gunnin like a special they had on him when he was in grade school....looks like he will be a pretty hot prospect...

Maybe OU can get him...looks like they are already in on him...

Oh. My. God. We need a football board, bad. You are seriously a God, abd.

Yea it would be nice to talk football without the 15,000 people over at Owen Field, but its unlikely.

I think K-State may be underrated this year a little bit. Outside of Oklahoma, I cant think of a better defensive line in the Big 12. That Virginia transfer will play in the NFL, and so will Brandon Harold. Fitzgerald had 73 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, and 7 sacks as a freakin defensive tackle his junior year at Virginia! Eric Childs is a really good player as well. If Daniel Calvin can get in shape he could be the final piece to a GREAT defensive line for the Wildcats.

On the other side they are rock solid with 4 returning starters from a good offensive line that was 4th in the Big 12 in fewest sacks allowed.

If Coffman can run the offense this K-State team could win 8 or 9 games in his first year.

Bill Snyder is a great coach, and arguably the best coach in the country... Barry Switzer called Snyder the "coach of the century".

K-State football will be back under Bill Snyder, and back in a hurry.

Ever since they beat OU in 1981, I've been following The Ohio Northern Polar Bears. 18-9 last year, baby!

That is sick and wrong. I always pull the team playing Duke.

Duke ended OU's home court win streak in December of 1990. Duke won the OT game in Cameron a year or so later. Vitale had woody for Duke the entire game. Angelo Hamilton through down a 360 break away slam in Cameron. Vitaler practically cried on television claiming it was not necessary, etc. etc.

That is sick and wrong. I always pull the team playing Duke.

Duke ended OU's home court win streak in December of 1990. Duke won the OT game in Cameron a year or so later. Vitale had woody for Duke the entire game. Angelo Hamilton through down a 360 break away slam in Cameron. Vitaler practically cried on television claiming it was not necessary, etc. etc.

Great memory Denver...most Sooner fans will never forget that play!

The only college team I pull for outside of OU is UNM, and that is more out of a love for New Mexico as a state. I only root for one college team over another when it has some direct connection to OU, such as affecting NCAA tournament seeding.

Otherwise, the only team I pull for is the Thunder. Once upon a time I was a Sacramento Kings fan, and a Hornets fan when they were here, but all my loyalties are for OKC now that we have our own franchise.

The only college team I pull for outside of OU is UNM, and that is more out of a love for New Mexico as a state. I only root for one college team over another when it has some direct connection to OU, such as affecting NCAA tournament seeding.

Otherwise, the only team I pull for is the Thunder. Once upon a time I was a Sacramento Kings fan, and a Hornets fan when they were here, but all my loyalties are for OKC now that we have our own franchise.

This is pretty much how I am except I dislike many teams.

Back