What other teams/schools do you like?

That is sick and wrong. I always pull the team playing Duke.

Duke ended OU's home court win streak in December of 1990. Duke won the OT game in Cameron a year or so later. Vitale had woody for Duke the entire game. Angelo Hamilton through down a 360 break away slam in Cameron. Vitaler practically cried on television claiming it was not necessary, etc. etc.

If Im not mistaken, he also was telling the Sooner squad to go start the bus during a Duke run in the 2nd half. Then OU made a great comeback only to fall short.

Tulsa for me. Then it would be anyone playing KU or OSU in basketball.

About that duke game....if my memory doesn't fail me I believe Duke led 44-41 at the half. Then they scored the first 17 points of the 2nd half and led by 20. OU came back and it might have been Hamilton nailing a huge 3 from the corner to tie the game late. Went to overtime and duke won 88-84. A game that still bugs me

The only college team I pull for outside of OU is UNM, and that is more out of a love for New Mexico as a state. I only root for one college team over another when it has some direct connection to OU, such as affecting NCAA tournament seeding.

I was a bigger Lobo fan around 10 years ago, but I do root for UNM pretty hard. I can't stand the Ag school in New Mexico, though.

Wichita State (alum) - basketball only

Have always liked North Carolina, but obviously did not cheer for them last March.

Football - OU only, nobody else except whoever I need to pull for to in a weekly picks game I participate in - really the only thing that makes watching non-OU games interesting.

About that duke game....if my memory doesn't fail me I believe Duke led 44-41 at the half. Then they scored the first 17 points of the 2nd half and led by 20. OU came back and it might have been Hamilton nailing a huge 3 from the corner to tie the game late. Went to overtime and duke won 88-84. A game that still bugs me

that is about how I remember it. I could not swear to the scores but I certainly recall the big run by Duke and then OU coming back after Vitale was falating Duke and Coach K on television.

The thing about Duke is OU has played them 3 times (that I recall) and all three times Duke had a superior team but barely won. In 1990 Duke won it all and OU was without 3 starters (McCovery, Patterson and Jackie Jones) due to grades. I guaranty OU wins that game with those guys.

The second meeting at Cameron OU was in a down period and still took them to OT on the road. About 10 years later OU palyed them in NYC (a pro Duke crowd) and had a good sized lead most of the first half.

People always act like the ACC is so great but my experience as an OU fan is that OU could hang in that confrerence just fine.

Back