Which ref called the foul on Crocker?

Dude, it was a foul in every sense of the word, lol... I literally can't see how someone doesnt acknowledge that being a foul.

the only gripe with me is the guy called it late and called it on WW. It makes me question if he knew what he was calling.

Dude, it was a foul in every sense of the word, lol... I literally can't see how someone doesnt acknowledge that being a foul.

That's why the ref closest to the play didn't call it and the ref who did (call it) called it on WW.

It was that obvious. :rolleyes:

Dude don't give officials to much credit they are horrible

They are better at calling fouls than coaches, players, and fans...

That's why the ref closest to the play didn't call it and the ref who did (call it) called it on WW.

It was that obvious.

Obstructed view.

the only gripe with me is the guy called it late and called it on WW. It makes me question if he knew what he was calling.

He probably just put the wrong number up on accident... They knew someone fouled and that somebody tore Singletarys arm off. Minor confusion.

He probably just put the wrong number up on accident... They knew someone fouled and that somebody tore Singletarys arm off. Minor confusion.

maybe...maybe not. He didn't call it until WW recovered the ball

How does a ref closest to the play have an obstructed view Homer.

There shouldn't be any confusion on a call especially if its a big one

I can see going after the ref because he wasn't really in a position to make the call but it was still a foul and should have been called.

This was a perfect example of great officiating.

Trail calls a foul on the drive, sees two OU players in the area, most likely just gets their numbers mixed up...happens all the time. His partner (most likely the one underneath) goes up to him to say he reported the wrong number, let's check the monitor to get it right.

Stuff like this happens all the time which is an example of good officiating. Like ABD said, let's just have players call their own fouls, that way people can't complain about the stripes. They can then focus their attention on the fact their team has underachieved all year and is struggling to stay out of the cellar for conference play.

Trail calls a foul on the drive, sees two OU players in the area, most likely just gets their numbers mixed up...happens all the time. His partner (most likely the one underneath) goes up to him to say he reported the wrong number, let's check the monitor to get it right.

Stuff like this happens all the time which is an example of good officiating. Like ABD said, let's just have players call their own fouls, that way people can't complain about the stripes. They can then focus their attention on the fact their team has underachieved all year and is struggling to stay out of the cellar for conference play.

your right, in a perfect world, that is good officiating. In this case, I don't see how the trailing official could have seen crocker foul him. I think he honestly called a foul on WW.

Whatever...if you know so much, why aren't you officiating instead of posting on a message board?

ABD -- if you watch the replay, it's clear the official closest to the play didn't have an obstructed view. He didn't see a foul, which is why he didn't blow the whistle.

The dipstick that blew the whistle, 50 feet away, had a very obstructed view. At least 4 players were between him and the play, so he calls it on the wrong player because he assumes a foul had to happen. Ends up he calls it on the wrong player, why? Because he couldn't see it. If he can't tell who fouled, how can he call a foul?

your right, in a perfect world, that is good officiating. In this case, I don't see how the trailing official could have seen crocker foul him. I think he honestly called a foul on WW.

He didn't see jack-squat. He called a foul on Oklahoma, he didn't care who, if anybody, actually fouled.

Respectfully disagree, but they're the officials in a Big XII game for a reason.

The main reason I believe it was a # mix-up because Willie would have been in the play during the foul, which would indicate he was in help-side defense, lol. I've seen Willie play good help side maybe 4 times this year.

(He was off to the left a bit and didn't get in the mix until the ball was loose).

He didn't see jack-squat. He called a foul on Oklahoma, he didn't care who, if anybody, actually fouled.

You really believe that? That he just made up the call for no reason?

Come on, that is silly. Maybe he called the foul on the fact that Crocker ALSO, aside from mauling the guy's arm, had his other hand on the player's back? The closest official's view wasn't as good as you make it seem. And the other official's view wasn't nearly that bad.

Some of you think every official, in every sport, is out to get big, bad OU. That isn't the case.

Whatever...if you know so much, why aren't you officiating instead of posting on a message board?

You honestly don't think I use words like "rotations" and "trailing official" because I read it on google....do you?

i actually would bet it was the OU bench that insisted it couldnt have been on Warren, not the other ref b/c if it was the other ref, the change would have been decided before they came back from commercial break. if it didnt go to commercial, im not sure the foul gets changed to Crock. but hey that is just my opinion.

Back