Who else will be gone?

I thought it had been well documented on this board in the past months that, outside of Clark and maybe an emerging Neal, we had no talent on this team. So which school(s) would want this bunch of losers? :rolleyes:

I'll put an entirely different slant on this thread by giving you a few positives to think about.

With the right hire, we could actually pick up a recruit or two we didn't expect to get. You can bet that every coach on Joe C's list will have his own loyal following of players and recruits who may want to join him at OU. The right coach could also improve our position with recruits like Guererro, Jurick and others on our prospects list.

As for losing a player or two, I can't see anyone on our roster who is projected to start or receive meaningful minutes next year going anywhere. Why would they? Does anyone really believe guys like Fitz, Clark, Pledger, Blair, Neal and Osby will want to transfer and sit out next season? I sure don't. I doubt if C. J. will transfer because he's from nearby Stringtown and he only has one more year left.

If we sign a point guard next month, Newell might transfer because he has three years of eligibility. Thompson's lack of playing time in the last third of the season could trigger thoughts of transferring as well. But with only one more year of eligibility, where would he go except to a mid-major program? If we lose Goff, it's not that big of a deal. I have seen him play and I was not impressed.

In short, I see more positives than negatives in bringing in a new coach, and it just might include some badly needed recruits or transfers who could help us next year and beyond.

I'll put an entirely different slant on this thread by giving you a few positives to think about.

With the right hire, we could actually pick up a recruit or two we didn't expect to get. You can bet that every coach on Joe C's list will have his own loyal following of players and recruits who may want to join him at OU. The right coach could also improve our position with recruits like Guererro, Jurick and others on our prospects list.

As for losing a player or two, I can't see anyone on our roster who is projected to start or receive meaningful minutes next year going anywhere. Why would they? Does anyone really believe guys like Fitz, Clark, Pledger, Blair, Neal and Osby will want to transfer and sit out next season? I sure don't. I doubt if C. J. will transfer because he's from nearby Stringtown and he only has one more year left.

If we sign a point guard next month, Newell might transfer because he has three years of eligibility. Thompson's lack of playing time in the last third of the season could trigger thoughts of transferring as well. But with only one more year of eligibility, where would he go except to a mid-major program? If we lose Goff, it's not that big of a deal. I have seen him play and I was not impressed.

In short, I see more positives than negatives in bringing in a new coach, and it just might include some badly needed recruits or transfers who could help us next year and beyond.

could not possibly agree more.. those are my thoughts exactly

:clap

He's a Genious!

How many players will leave with Capel?

I'm betting Pledger and Blair will transfer and play their junior/senior year somewhere else, possibly for Capel. Even if he doesn't get a job this coming year, they'll still have to sit out a year and could still finish their careers with him.

The only player on this roster that I am confident will be back next year is CJ Washington. He should be able to start his senior year at OU, especially if Fitzgerald and/or Osby leave. Plus, Goff will probably change his mind now too.

Nick Thompson may think about staying now. He and CJ could be our front line next year. Hopefully Neal will stay though. Reguardless we may be seeing a lot of PT for Nick Thompson next year.

It will be interesting if the people rejoicing at this firing are still excited the next few weeks as we watch these guys leave one by one. I bet the same people that want our coach fired now will be the same ones wanting the next coach fired after he comes in and has the same amount of success that Tom Crean has had at Indiana the past 2-3 years.

you talking like this just brought tears to my eyes. :(

Osby isn't leaving. Goff may not get another major offer with his JUCO stats. Neal is staying. I think if Capel stayed, Pledger and Newell might have left because of how hard Capel was on both. Especially Newell. I don't see us losing any of the current players. Now we have a commit in Peters for next year that may be gone and Goff could be gone.

newell from his FB today: nothing ever promise tomorrow to day... it hurts but it might be the only way

i sure hope youre right.

Fitzgerald and Clark would be retarded to leave guaranteed starting spots for the opportunity to go sit out elsewhere. Of course, that prospect was appealing to the likes of Ryan Humphrey, Brandon Foust, De'Angelo Alexander, Drew Lavender, and Lawrence McKenzie.

By the way, Humphrey and maybe Lavender were the only ones for whom the decision to transfer worked out.

Worked out for Alexander too. He started at Charlotte and is doing good in Europe now.

How many players will leave with Capel?

I'm betting Pledger and Blair will transfer and play their junior/senior year somewhere else, possibly for Capel. Even if he doesn't get a job this coming year, they'll still have to sit out a year and could still finish their careers with him.

The only player on this roster that I am confident will be back next year is CJ Washington. He should be able to start his senior year at OU, especially if Fitzgerald and/or Osby leave. Plus, Goff will probably change his mind now too.

Nick Thompson may think about staying now. He and CJ could be our front line next year. Hopefully Neal will stay though. Reguardless we may be seeing a lot of PT for Nick Thompson next year.

It will be interesting if the people rejoicing at this firing are still excited the next few weeks as we watch these guys leave one by one. I bet the same people that want our coach fired now will be the same ones wanting the next coach fired after he comes in and has the same amount of success that Tom Crean has had at Indiana the past 2-3 years.

Are you serious Clark?

Fitzgerald and Clark would be retarded to leave guaranteed starting spots for the opportunity to go sit out elsewhere. Of course, that prospect was appealing to the likes of Ryan Humphrey, Brandon Foust, De'Angelo Alexander, Drew Lavender, and Lawrence McKenzie.

By the way, Humphrey and maybe Lavender were the only ones for whom the decision to transfer worked out.

You could argue that it worked out for Mckenzie as well

The teams record sucked for a reason,and all the blame cant go to Capel.These guys are mid major players at best.If anyone wants to leave i'd say thanks for your contributions and see ya later..

Back