Who improves more? Texas Tech, OSU, or OU?

thebigabd

Reaction score
So, who makes the biggest move out of the gutter? We all know about our players, so I wont post signifant information about them.

Looks like all 3 have made significant improvements to talent. OU adds Mbaye and the two good high school guards. Mbaye alone is a great get. Legit 6'9'', super athletic, shot blocker, rebounder, can score, very experienced, etc. Might be the newcomer of the year in the league.

OSU adds Marcus Smart and might get Darrell Williams back, and returns everyone else from one of the youngest teams in the country.

Tech added some good looking juco players and a transfer from Canada becomes eligible.

OU Starting Lineup in 2012
PG: Sam Grooms/Jelon Hornbeak
SG: Steven Pledger/Buddy Hield
SF: Cameron Clark/Tyler neal
PF: Romero Osby/Andrew Fitz
C: Amath Mbaye/Casey Arent

OSU Starting Lineup

PG: Markel Brown (6'3'' 190)
-2 assists away from team lead, averaged 10.5 points and 5.3 rebounds on the year. One of the best leapers in the conference. Switched up to more of a point guard roll for OSU down the stretch.BACKUP: Phil Forte

SG: Marcus Smart (6'4'' 220)
-5 star recruit. 6'4'' 220 shooting guard. #3 shooting guard in the country, #14 overall player. BACKUP: Cezar Guerrero

SG: Brian Williams (6'5'' 205)
Promising RS freshman who averaged 10 ppg. Really turned it on down the stretch and had some 20+ point games. Good shooter, good athlete. Should be a good player. BACKUP: JP Olukemi

PF: Darrell Williams (6'8'' 250)
-Still on the roster after getting charged with rape. Averaged 7.5 and 7.5 before getting suspended. Big at 6'8'' 250, started to play well before getting in trouble: BACKUP: Michael Cobbins

PF: Lebryan Nash (6'7'' 230)
-MCDAA out of high school, averaged 13.3 points and 5 rebounds per game as a true freshman. Showed flashes of brilliance at times, but has attitude problems and wasnt consistent. BACKUP: Philip Jurick

Texas Tech Starting Lineup

PG: Ty Nurse (6'1'' 180)
-Averaged 9 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists in first year out of juco.

SG: Toddrick Gotcher (6'3'' 190)
-Averaged 7.5 points and 4 rpg in 9 games before getting injured. Was 6-11 from 3pt range. Off to a pretty good start, then got hurt. Was averaging 30 minutes per game.

SF: Jordan Tolbert (6'7'' 210)
-Averaged 11.5 points and 5.7 rebounds per game as a true freshman. Had 6 games of 20 or more points. Pretty promising player, but hard to tell because Tech only won 8 games.

PF: Rodrigo Silva (6'11'' 235)
-Originally from Brazil, averaged 13.2 points, 9.6 rebounds, and 4.8 blocks per game in junior college. His blocks per game average ranked second in the NJCAA. He was named to the All-Region IX Team last year. Provides much needed size to a very small Texas Tech team.

C: Dejan Kravic (6'11' 230)
-Transfer from a college in Canada. Averaged 15.6 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.3 blocks as a sophomore at York ... ranked first in the conference in blocks and second in rebounding ... nationally in Canada, ranked second in blocks and fifth in rebounding.

Other talent additions:
-Jaye Crockett returns after a good RS-Freshman season.
-Wanaah Bail, a 4-star 6'8'' power forward.
-Daylen Robinson, averaged 16.5 ppg and 5 assists per contest at Moberly CC. Daylen was a first team All-Region XVI performer during his freshman year. Was the #1 player out of KC in high school.

I think OSU will improve the most. They have some really good players.

I'll be shocked if Bail qualifies for Tech, call it a hunch of mine.

I'd also play Smart at point over Brown if I was OSU. Kid just makes play.

osu will probably be improved, but there is still something I just don't like about that roster. No true pg. Very limited on the true/good big men. Average to below average coach. I don't know. I see limited improvement from them in terms of additional conference wins.

osu will probably be improved, but there is still something I just don't like about that roster. No true pg. Very limited on the true/good big men. Average to below average coach. I don't know. I see limited improvement from them in terms of additional conference wins.

As I said prior to this season, oSu would be great if other teams didn't play defense. Just not sure what Ford's "system" is six years after he was hired. I think I see what Kruger wants to do: play pressure defense on the perimeter and push the pace off defensive rebounds. Not saying we did that this season, but it seemed like what we were trying to do.

OSU will improve the most because they add the most talent.
Tech will improve the 2nd most because they HAVE to be better than 1-17.

I think OU will be about the same. The majority of our roster will be the same group of Juniors from this year. I dont expect them to make major improvement as Seniors.

OSU by far, they will be better due to Smart plus they get some kids back that were injured and have everyone back but Page.

I think Page isn't as big a loss as some think, he is a good player but he's also a volume shooter and that's not always a good thing.

I knew thebigOSU couldn't wait long before starting the next season drumbeat for Aggy. Ha

Hillbilly will coach em up again next year to zero tournament wins!!!!

OSU by far, they will be better due to Smart plus they get some kids back that were injured and have everyone back but Page.

I think Page isn't as big a loss as some think, he is a good player but he's also a volume shooter and that's not always a good thing.

Losing Page makes them better even if nothing else changes.

Tech added some good looking juco players and a transfer from Canada becomes eligible.

Weren't you the one pumped up all those JUCO guys that Gillespie signed last year too? That worked out real well...Tech is going to suck horribly again next year. And OSU still has Ford as head coach.

I disagree about losing Page. I haven't looked at his percentages, but it seems like he shot at a pretty nice percentage. And he opened things up for other players. Remember how "great" Nash was suppose to be before you pimp Smart too much next season. Very few kids can come in as true frosh and be anything more than a little above average. And that still doesn't fix their problem of not having a true point, and not having much inside.

Williams coming back would be a major boost inside, but I agree that they will be lacking at PG. Although, Brown did a decent job this year so they will have 3 guys that can play point with Guerrero and Smart. Getting Olukemi back woudl be a big help also, I dont see how ABD can have him behind Brian Williams on the depth chart.

He shot .386 from 3 point range and .415 on all shots. How is that a volume shooter. Those are pretty good percentages. I would love for OU to add 38.6% shooter from 3 point range, especially a guy that takes 267 3 points shots. Page took the majority of hard shots for OSU and that lowers his percentage.

Williams coming back would be a major boost inside, but I agree that they will be lacking at PG. Although, Brown did a decent job this year so they will have 3 guys that can play point with Guerrero and Smart. Getting Olukemi back woudl be a big help also, I dont see how ABD can have him behind Brian Williams on the depth chart.

Forte is a point. Smart is a two or three.

I think OU will be about the same. The majority of our roster will be the same group of Juniors from this year. I dont expect them to make major improvement as Seniors.

I strongly disagree with this statement. If M'Baye is a starter, OU is much better. If he is the first guy off the bench, OU is better. If OU gets some help from Hield and Hornbeak they are even better than the improvement that M'Baye makes. If the returning players are improved they are even better. I think OU will be one of the more improved teams in the conference.

Forte is alot like Page, I don't think you will see him play much pg. From what their high school coach said I think Smart will play a lot of PG.

When I watched Marcus play (the high school not Marcus Smart), Forte was playing pg.

Brian Williams IMO is a much better player than JP. He is a 10x better defender, better rebounder, better passer and a better shooter. JP is a much better slasher and probably a slightly better overall offensive player, but that's about it.

When I watched Marcus play (the high school not Marcus Smart), Forte was playing pg.

I have heard both the OSU coaches and Marcus head coach talk about him playing a lot of PG next year. I assume they will do this just to get him on the floor more often. That could all change if someone else steps up at PG.

Back