Who was it who questioned why Cade was always first in team runs?

coolm

Reaction score
is this providing a better answer to your question?

it's because he's fast and tenacious

It looks now like Tiny should definitely go to the sand after the season if over. Cade would play the full 40 if they would let him. He has enough pride in his game that he's going to show everyone he has the heart.:clap

Cade Davis!?!?!?! That guy's not even big12 caliber. What other big12 team could that guy start for? He's slow. He's not athletic like Willie Warren. He's just a guy who's scrappy. Not really a talented fellow.
Mid major prospect.:clap

Once he was successful at taking the ball to the hoop and scoring today, he was good to go.

He always seems to be a spark in the game. Today was his day.:woot

Unbelievable when he took the ball end to end and outran the two Mizzou players. Outran them dribbling the ball.

Man!! I"m getting pissed more and more after reading threads on here, the ONE!! Game i couldn't get to watch because of work and it was by the sound of most post, i missed a damn great game.:(

It was a great game. After coming out of the gate and getting down 10-0 (and losing crocker to an ankle injury), we fought back to even. And all the while we were fighting back, I kept thinking we were going to run out of gas. They played ten and we really only had five. Tiny was disappointing today, but other than that, it was a really solid effort by the rest of the team.

This is not the Cade that we have seen in the past. While Cade has always hustled, he hurt the team by only being a "shooter" that doesn't shoot well. Today, Cade took the ball to the basket. He has rarely done that throughout his career. If Cade can continue to do that he will continue to really help this team. Great performance by him today!

He was playing the 4 today after Crocker got injured and had a bigger (and slower) than usual guy guarding him.

I think Cade's taken it to the hoop more than you give him credit for in the past, but it's only natural he'd do it more while playing forward than as a guard.

He was playing the 4 today after Crocker got injured and had a bigger (and slower) than usual guy guarding him.

I think Cade's taken it to the hoop more than you give him credit for in the past, but it's only natural he'd do it more while playing forward than as a guard.

Yep.

And for the record, the mile run has nothing to do with "speed". Speed is who can run baseline to baseline the fastest. Speed, in basketball, is quickness. The mile run measures how fastly whatever "speed" you have is going to fall off. Obviously Cade is in great shape. Doesn't make him fast though.

Yep.

And for the record, the mile run has nothing to do with "speed". Speed is who can run baseline to baseline the fastest. Speed, in basketball, is quickness. The mile run measures how fastly whatever "speed" you have is going to fall off. Obviously Cade is in great shape. Doesn't make him fast though.

Definitely true about the mile run. In the past, though, you've questioned his athleticism against good athletes. Would you say that Mizzou is slow defensively, and that is why he was able to get to the hoop?

I bet he would win the team runs even if he vomited during the pre-run stretching.

All I know is Cade is faster with a ball in his hands than the Missouri defenders are. And for the record, I can't recall when Cade has ever hurt this team in a game.

Definitely true about the mile run. In the past, though, you've questioned his athleticism against good athletes. Would you say that Mizzou is slow defensively, and that is why he was able to get to the hoop?

I would attribute it to three things:

1) Mizzou plays in your face defense. The easiest kind of defender to "get by" is the one that is all up in your business. Much harder to drive by a defender that is giving you a step.

2) I think the scouting report on Cade is that he won't drive. And if he does drive once or twice, he probably won't do it again. I loved how he took it to the hoop today.

3)He was going against the 3 or 4 for Mizzou, instead of the 2 or 3. Like somebody mentioned earlier, Cade essentially took Crock's spot in the lineup today, as the 4th guard. I doubt he'd have gotten to the rim as much had he played most of his minutes at the 3rd guard.

Again, I'm not knocking Cade, but even the slowest, most unathletic of college guards can get to the rim, a significant number of times over the course of a season. Keiton Paige can get by his man. Clarke at AR can get by his man. Tim Heskett.....well, I don't recall him doing it very much. lol

I bet Keiton Page won't take it the all the way down the court against Mizzou...ever.

Back