Willie had 6 turnovers, everyone else had 4.

thebigabd

Reaction score
Willie is a turnover machine.

84 assists, 78 turnovers on the year.
25 assists, 26 turnovers in conference.

He'll be back next year.

ben-stein.jpg

"I am practically giddy with excitement."
-Ben Stein

I know everyone thinks NBADraft.net sucks, but they have obviously been keeping an eye on things this year. In their update today they have completely dropped Willie off of their 2010 draft board and now have him going 14th in their 2011 draft. Ouch.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

I know everyone thinks NBADraft.net sucks, but they have obviously been keeping an eye on things this year. In their update today they have completely dropped Willie off of their 2010 draft board and now have him going 14th in their 2011 draft. Ouch.

That's very surprising. I know his stock is plummeting, but not that bad.

With that being said, if he went pro he would still be a first round pick IMO. Too much talent to pass up. Maybe not lottery, but he wouldn't be a second rounder, either.

that guy is a message board hack ..

draftexpress and espn.com chad ford are the sites to use .. they talk to real scouts ..

Willie was a big reason we struggled, most of the night, to score. His game is predicated on going one-on-one when he wants to score in the halfcourt. That means the ball stops moving when he gets it. Willie also went back to forcing ALOT of shots, mostly in the 2nd half last night. And the deep three VERY early in the shot clock? I sure won't miss those shots when he leaves.

Willie has alot of talent, we all agree on that. I just don't think he fits. I think OU would be better off if Willie went to the NBA next year. Hopefully he will, and hopefully somebody will draft him higher than I ever would.

in his defense, he got mauled a couple of times with no foul called.

in his defense, he got mauled a couple of times with no foul called.

I thought the one (i am sure we all remember which) was all ball. It was a good strip by Okorie. Then Capel got a technical.

I thought the one (i am sure we all remember which) was all ball. It was a good strip by Okorie. Then Capel got a technical.

Yep, same on the one TMG got blocked/stripped, and I thought the foul call on Crocker going across the arm was legit.

I don't like that our guys feel the need to react like that to every call.

Willie was a big reason we struggled, most of the night, to score. His game is predicated on going one-on-one when he wants to score in the halfcourt. That means the ball stops moving when he gets it. Willie also went back to forcing ALOT of shots, mostly in the 2nd half last night. And the deep three VERY early in the shot clock? I sure won't miss those shots when he leaves.

Willie has alot of talent, we all agree on that. I just don't think he fits. I think OU would be better off if Willie went to the NBA next year. Hopefully he will, and hopefully somebody will draft him higher than I ever would.

I agree with this. IMO, Willie will play much better in the NBA than he has this season for the Sooners. He's much better playing his role in a smooth running offense. Just look at how well he played last season with Blake in the mix. The Sooners probably had the smoothest running offense of all the teams I watched and Willie thrived in it. This season, he can't seem to find his place out there.

Yep, same on the one TMG got blocked/stripped, and I thought the foul call on Crocker going across the arm was legit.

I don't like that our guys feel the need to react like that to every call.

Yea, the crowd and team went nuts on that foul. Crocker was trailing Singletary who was about to dunk it and he tore his arm off, lol. It was probably the easiest call of the night to make and everyone went nuts.

The problem was the call was late and the guy under the basket did not make the call. (He saw all ball - he did, Tony got alll ball before he tore the guys arm off).

I didn't have a problem with that call. I did thik the officials missed a few on Tech when WW and/or TMG penetrated.

The problem was the call was late and the guy under the basket did not make the call. (He saw all ball - he did, Tony got alll ball before he tore the guys arm off).

I didn't have a problem with that call. I did thik the officials missed a few on Tech when WW and/or TMG penetrated.

bingo the guy that made the call was 30+ feet away .. with no view of the ball the guy 4 feet in front with a great view did not see a foul

bingo the guy that made the call was 30+ feet away .. with no view of the ball the guy 4 feet in front with a great view did not see a foul

As an OU fan, I didn't like the call, well, because I am an OU fan...but I see why they did blow the whistle. If you watch the replay, the lead official (under the basket) does see the ball being stripped and Crocker's left arm go up with out it.

However, the trail official who made the call has every right to whistle the foul he saw (Crocker's left arm being yanked after being depossessed) because Singletary came from his area (top of the key)...as an official, if someone drives to the basket, you follow the play until the player gives it up. It was the right call, doesn't make it any easier to swallow considering how the game turned out.

Back on topic, I think OU is a much better team with TMG running the offense. As TU said, when the ball is in WW's hands everyone tends to stand around and watch while he goes one on one to get his shot. That may not be entirely his fault. But it is typical of how our offense has slowed down or stalled wit Willie is at the point, not to mention his costly turnovers.

If he had been at 100% I might have understood the decision to run numerous plays through him when we needed a score. But when a player who has been hobbled by an injury is questionable only minutes before the game tips off, that decision made no sense at all to me. Why make a dramatic change to a game plan that gave OU a win over a better team on Saturday?

I realize that Coach Capel was forced to make changes to our rotation with Pledger and Fitz suspended. But he did not have to take the ball of TMG's hands. Not to play "armchair quarterback" after the fact. But I would have told Tommy to force the action and make John Roberson play defense, especially after he picked up his second foul early in the game.

Oh, well. This has been a learning experience for everyone. Me, too, I suppose.

Back on topic, I think OU is a much better team with TMG running the offense. As TU said, when the ball is in WW's hands everyone tends to stand around and watch while he goes one on one to get his shot. That may not be entirely his fault. But it is typical of how our offense has slowed down or stalled wit Willie is at the point, not to mention his costly turnovers.

If he had been at 100% I might have understood the decision to run numerous plays through him when we needed a score. But when a player who has been hobbled by an injury is questionable only minutes before the game tips off, that decision made no sense at all to me. Why make a dramatic change to a game plan that gave OU a win over a better team on Saturday?

I realize that Coach Capel was forced to make changes to our rotation with Pledger and Fitz suspended. But he did not have to take the ball of TMG's hands. Not to play "armchair quarterback" after the fact. But I would have told Tommy to force the action and make John Roberson play defense, especially after he picked up his second foul early in the game.

Oh, well. This has been a learning experience for everyone. Me, too, I suppose.

This

Yea, the crowd and team went nuts on that foul. Crocker was trailing Singletary who was about to dunk it and he tore his arm off, lol. It was probably the easiest call of the night to make and everyone went nuts.

The reason we went nuts is because the refs had been so bad all night and we support our team. We were fed up. It's the same reason Capel got a technical. Not because of one call, but because the refs sucked all night.

The reason we went nuts is because the refs had been so bad all night and we support our team. We were fed up. It's the same reason Capel got a technical. Not because of one call, but because the refs sucked all night.

They really didn't miss that many. One of the luxuries of watching from home, I suppose. The foul on Crocker, the no call against TMG, both were correct. I think most of the no calls on Willie were fine too. Seems like once he probably got fouled, but TT did a good job. Give them credit.

Back