Willis back in the dog house

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Logged zero minutes today after a strong performance the other night. He would have been nice to have on the wing when we played zone.

Willis must be really frustrated.

Logged zero minutes today after a strong performance the other night. He would have been nice to have on the wing when we played zone.

Willis must be really frustrated.

Do you know this or are you just acting like you know this? If you are speculating, I wish you would make that clear.

I think there is a difference in being in the doghouse and not being good enough to play. This was a man's game.

Some of those fouls that UT committed would have sent Willis into the 3rd row.

I'm not sure Willis' defensive abilities would have been good enough today.

Pledger and Fitz both earned it in practice, time for Willis to practice hard. I thought we might have seen Big O today, he and Fitz had been practicing with the 1rst team.

I think there is a difference in being in the doghouse and not being good enough to play. This was a man's game.

My thoughts exactly, he would of looked over-matched out there today.

Pledger and Fitz both earned it in practice, time for Willis to practice hard. I thought we might have seen Big O today, he and Fitz had been practicing with the 1rst team.

could that be who coach was referring to when he said, and i'm paraphrasing, all the guys push each other in practice...well, most of the guys push each other in practice and are better because of it.

This is a strange comment, you guys have been saying all year Willis is a great practice player and tears it up sometimes killing the first team. That great practice effort earned him a whopping 88 minutes prior to starting a game. Oh and he played great in that game, was high man for bounds and played very good D.

So if a certain player would have had one of his 0-5 games and played crappy D and we lost it would have been okay because he earned it in practice? I guess we should play certain people and just tell them not to shoot the ball since they are shooting like 22% from beyond the arc, because they were pushing teammates in practice.

I am guessing but if I had to guess Ray must be very frurstrated with the lack of opportunity I certainly would be. Not sure he has a reason to bust his arse in practice he isn't going to get the opportunity to help this team. Prior to his start he had logged 88 minutes this year.

Ray should look for another D 1 opportunity that would afford him the opportunity to play and Capel should grant the release.

Heck Tiny can make terrible decisions over and over and he continues to get opportunity after opportunity. Ray gets zero opportunities even when he owns the first team during practice.

I don't know play, I've seen plenty of middle school games where free throws were shot better than the biggest joke #1 team in history shot them.

This is a strange comment, you guys have been saying all year Willis is a great practice player and tears it up sometimes killing the first team. That great practice effort earned him a whopping 88 minutes prior to starting a game. Oh and he played great in that game, was high man for bounds and played very good D.

So if a certain player would have had one of his 0-5 games and played crappy D and we lost it would have been okay because he earned it in practice? I guess we should play certain people and just tell them not to shoot the ball since they are shooting like 22% from beyond the arc, because they were pushing teammates in practice.

I am guessing but if I had to guess Ray must be very frurstrated with the lack of opportunity I certainly would be. Not sure he has a reason to bust his arse in practice he isn't going to get the opportunity to help this team. Prior to his start he had logged 88 minutes this year.

Ray should look for another D 1 opportunity that would afford him the opportunity to play and Capel should grant the release.

Heck Tiny can make terrible decisions over and over and he continues to get opportunity after opportunity. Ray gets zero opportunities even when he owns the first team during practice.

It's not a strange comment, its a true one. I can't speak for anyone else but I never said Willis was a good practice player. His defense is suspect too so I would imagine that has a lot to do with it too. Who are you asking not to shoot the ball from behind the arc that is shooting 22%?

Just because a guy shows great offensive ability during pick up games and in practice doesn't mean that he is a great practice player or a guy that should be on the court. There are two phases to basketball, and Willis has yet to learn how to compete on the defensive end. Until he learns that, he won't ever see much time unless another guy is hurt or really struggling.

I don't know play, I've seen plenty of middle school games where free throws were shot better than the biggest joke #1 team in history shot them.
That's true. I was trying to get the people around me (they only show up for OSU and Texas) this was the norm for Texas. That's how they shoot free throws, and James is a loser.

Just because a guy shows great offensive ability during pick up games and in practice doesn't mean that he is a great practice player or a guy that should be on the court. There are two phases to basketball, and Willis has yet to learn how to compete on the defensive end. Until he learns that, he won't ever see much time unless another guy is hurt or really struggling.

Willis played good D in the game he started and led the team in rebounds with 7. We had a freshman that costs us the A$M game with a 0-5 performance and he played bad zone D that allowed A$M to hit 2 big 3's down the stretch. He was basically benched for Willis. Willis played very good in the start and hasn't been given an opportunity again.

Willis hasn't been given a fair shake this year and Capel should grant his release. If others weren't making mistakes I wouldn't argue the point. Playing a true freshman that can't hit a jump shot or play zone D instead of Willis cost us the A$M game.

Willis is in Capel's doghouse

I mentioned in another thread that during the entire 2nd half of the game, he was pouting on the bench. It was his body language that made it evident. He was sitting during times where the entire team was standing, he didn't clap or cheer once, etc.

I have had days where I was on the bench, and in my mind I should have been on the floor, but I never let that show outwardly. I can't stand guys who that crap because it eventually spills over to other players, especially the younger guys.

I don't know much about Willis, so I can't say that he is an attitude problem, but I was disaapointed watching his behavior on sat. That was an awesome game in an awesone environment. No way a player should not have been supporting his guys during that emotional battle.

I mentioned in another thread that during the entire 2nd half of the game, he was pouting on the bench. It was his body language that made it evident. He was sitting during times where the entire team was standing, he didn't clap or cheer once, etc.

I have had days where I was on the bench, and in my mind I should have been on the floor, but I never let that show outwardly. I can't stand guys who that crap because it eventually spills over to other players, especially the younger guys.

I don't know much about Willis, so I can't say that he is an attitude problem, but I was disaapointed watching his behavior on sat. That was an awesome game in an awesone environment. No way a player should not have been supporting his guys during that emotional battle.

Yup well he sees a guy playing in front of him who is allowed to make mistakes, clank jump shots and can't play zone D. He played zero minutes in this game. Zero

Willis needs to ask for his release so he can play.

Back