Yahoo!!!!

SoonerBounce13

Reaction score
Vaccines are out! How quickly these came about was historic! A great day.
Things are moving at warp speed now even though almost all thought it couldn't be done

God bless the USA

I'm getting mine in a few days. Impressive work.

Have you received it yet, Eielson? Any thoughts on the process? Some doctor friends of mine received theirs last week.

What a time to be alive. This is a landmark scientific feat.

Have you received it yet, Eielson? Any thoughts on the process? Some doctor friends of mine received theirs last week.

What a time to be alive. This is a landmark scientific feat.

Yes, I received it last week without side effects (other than being a little sore the next day at the injection site). Haven't received the second shot yet. Pretty easy process that didn't feel much different from getting a flu vaccine.

Impressed would be an understatement for how I feel about this accomplishment. With the whole world scrambling for a vaccine, record speed seemed likely, but I never thought we'd have something with this efficacy this quick. I would have been excited to see a vaccine with 10-20% efficacy at this point. Hopefully the effects last. True normalcy is a long way away (at least for me as a healthcare worker in the NE), but I'm hopeful we're turning a corner.

Glad to hear it, Eielson. Looking forward to your update from Round 2. I've been having back trouble lately, and lots of the folks who are helping me have received Round 1. They're almost bursting with pride.

Glad to hear it, Eielson. Looking forward to your update from Round 2. I've been having back trouble lately, and lots of the folks who are helping me have received Round 1. They're almost bursting with pride.

My wife and I completed round one yesterday in a clinical setting. The experience could not have been better. The side effects have been practically nonexistent. She had a little soreness at the injection site. I didn’t even have that.

Since we’re both in that high risk group due to our age and a health issue or two in the past, we came away feeling extremely grateful as well as blessed! We still need to be cautious until our second injection kicks in around mid-February. But it sure feels good to see a way out of our self-isolation, mostly at home, since last March! This silly emoticon will give you some idea about how I’m feeling right now!!! :dance005:

Awesome!

I had my initial vaccination a couple of weeks ago. My booster is due on 1/19. I did have some fatigue for a couple of days after the vaccination but it's well worth it to get some protection from this awful virus.

Brought QE II in for her Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Her appt. was at the fair grounds, here in Tulsa, and it took all of 35 minutes to complete. Zero side effects to this point.

Brought QE II in for her Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Her appt. was at the fair grounds, here in Tulsa, and it took all of 35 minutes to complete. Zero side effects to this point.

Queen Elizabeth the II?

Got my second shot today.....hope I don't get sick tomorrow.
:dance005:

I wished every state could get enough vaccine to get this thing on the downhill slide....

Got my second shot today.....hope I don't get sick tomorrow.
:dance005:

I wished every state could get enough vaccine to get this thing on the downhill slide....

It's been more than 48 hours now......no adverse reactions to the second shot.
Arm is a little sore at the site of the stick.....nothing else.

:woot

My parents volunteered at the local convention center and each received their first dose. Mom got Moderna; Dad, Pfizer. My grandmother is in the queue for shot #2, as our a host of aunts and uncles.

No side effects yet from anybody.

The guy who started the service here in Oklahoma (the one that notifies when openings appear) has done some real yeoman work here. That site is a Godsend.

My second shot of the Pfizer vaccine was brutal. Felt like I had the full-blown flu for about 12 hours. Several of my colleagues had similar side effects, but its pretty hit or miss, and it usually resolved in less than 24 hours.

My wife and I got our second Moderna vaccine shot this afternoon. No adverse side effects so far. Her arm is a “a tiny bit” sore, mine is not even tender to the touch.

I can’t tell you how great it feels to know we’ll be protected from the virus in two more weeks. That’s not to say we will throw caution to the wind. We still plan to wear masks and practice social distancing when we go out. We are so blessed to be in this position nearly a full year after we all but isolated ourselves in our own home!

:woot :dance005:

My second shot of the Pfizer vaccine was brutal. Felt like I had the full-blown flu for about 12 hours. Several of my colleagues had similar side effects, but its pretty hit or miss, and it usually resolved in less than 24 hours.
My sister-in-law is a nurse in Omaha. She was told going in that a bunch of her colleagues felt like hot trash for 36 hours after Pfizer's second shot. She got the dose and felt like warmed-over dog**** for EXACTLY 36 hours and then.......PRESTO.

What a time to be alive. I'm way down the list but I can't wait. What a scientific achievement.

This is a follow up to my post on Monday within hours of the second Moderna vaccination. I felt fine when I went to bed that night. I felt like hammered doodoo when I got up the next morning. Every joint in my body ached like I had the flu. By late Tuesday afternoon it was gone. My wife’s shoulder was sore at the injection site, but she had no joint pain whatsoever.

This is a follow up to my post on Monday within hours of the second Moderna vaccination. I felt fine when I went to bed that night. I felt like hammered doodoo when I got up the next morning. Every joint in my body ached like I had the flu. By late Tuesday afternoon it was gone. My wife’s shoulder was sore at the injection site, but she had no joint pain whatsoever.

Will be getting my second Moderna dose in a couple of weeks. I didn't feel all that hot after the first one. It was about 24 hours of aches and sluggishness. Thanks for the heads up....I look forward to feeling like crap again.;)

Will be getting my second Moderna dose in a couple of weeks. I didn't feel all that hot after the first one. It was about 24 hours of aches and sluggishness. Thanks for the heads up....I look forward to feeling like crap again.;)

Glad I could help. :D

Seriously, I see a few hours of joint aches and pain as a small price to pay for the peace of mind I’ll get in knowing I have a degree of protection from the virus I didn’t have before. I’m extremely grateful to be in that position, and I’ll bet you feel the same way.

Glad I could help. :D

Seriously, I see a few hours of joint aches and pain as a small price to pay for the peace of mind I’ll get in knowing I have a degree of protection from the virus I didn’t have before. I’m extremely grateful to be in that position, and I’ll bet you feel the same way.

At my age and health, the chances of it affecting me adversely were quite slim. I actually decided to get it because of work (I work in hospitals and long term care facilities). And I didn't want to be a "carrier" of it and pass it on to anyone else. But you're right....small price to pay to know you will be healthy.

Option 3 (Johnson & Johnson) should be rolling out next week. It's initial effectiveness is only 72%, but the science I've read suggests that it may be just as good or better the more time passes from the original inoculation.

Feels like we're about to make some major progress very soon. I just can't believe how many folks are so distrusting.

Back