You can put Quin as my avatar

Sawyer

Banned
Reaction score
And you can prevent me from editing my own user settings all you want.

But you can't change the fact that MU no longer has a former Duke player incompetently attempting to coach basketball.

An almost embarrassing exhibition win means virtually nothing, just like Mizzou's probable 50+ point win in Friday's exhibition opener will be irrelevant.

They play the games for a reason, and incorporating nine new guys (many pulled in from the scrap heaps at the last minute) into a lineup that had almost no talent to begin with isn't going to be a smooth process. These things take time. And even with time, it would take a coaching genius to turn a team full of guys no one else wanted into a winner (and, no offense, that does describe the majority of your players on a Big 12 level). As long as the effort and attitude is there and improvement is visible, Capel's doing a good job (but like I said last spring, I think you would've been better off letting a new coach clean up this mess; it's extremely difficult for a coach to dig his own hole and then get himself out).

Enjoy watching this team grow up.

It's basketball season.

Last edited:
Yeah! What's the dealio with the avatar changing, and lack of ability to change it back?

Heck, I wasn't even allowed to post for about a week!

And, now my Sean Sutton mugshot avatar is gone...and I look nuts...

I want my Keiton page looking 7 foot tall picture back!

4c52f01dde69f.image.jpg

And you can prevent me from editing my own user settings all you want.

But you can't change the fact that MU no longer has a former Duke player incompetently attempting to coach basketball.

An almost embarrassing exhibition win means virtually nothing, just like Mizzou's probable 50+ point win in Friday's exhibition opener will be irrelevant.

They play the games for a reason, and incorporating nine new guys (many pulled in from the scrap heaps at the last minute) into a lineup that had almost no talent to begin with isn't going to be a smooth process. These things take time. And even with time, it would take a coaching genius to turn a team full of guys no one else wanted into a winner (and, no offense, that does describe the majority of your players on a Big 12 level). As long as the effort and attitude is there and improvement is visible, Capel's doing a good job (but like I said last spring, I think you would've been better off letting a new coach clean up this mess; it's extremely difficult for a coach to dig his own hole and then get himself out).

Enjoy watching this team grow up.

It's basketball season.

you are such an internet badass

Hey Sawyer if you don't like the rules on this board, why do you still post here? If I had as much of a problem with the policies OUHoops and the Admins have in place as you did, I would not continue to help out the site. But I guess that's just me

I kinda thought it was clear that I actually was not really bothered by the childish avatar games. Calling those "rules" would be a stretch, though.

I really don't know what part of my posts - in this thread or any other - would lead you to believe I dislike the way this place is run overall. I enjoy the discussion here (despite the avatar switching and general lack of respect given to Mizzou basketball). I'm not going to leave because someone thinks it's funny to remind everyone that Quin used to coach Mizzou.

I kinda thought it was clear that I actually was not really bothered by the childish avatar games. Calling those "rules" would be a stretch, though.

I really don't know what part of my posts - in this thread or any other - would lead you to believe I dislike the way this place is run overall. I enjoy the discussion here (despite the avatar switching and general lack of respect given to Mizzou basketball). I'm not going to leave because someone thinks it's funny to remind everyone that Quin used to coach Mizzou.

C'mon, man. Don't get your panties in a wad. Seems like it's all in good fun. Anyways, we pretty much have our own version of Quin Snyder as our head coach right now.

Back