2010-11 Roster (so far)

SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
I just list the scholarship players below. No walk-on players are listed. Also, the height and weight listings vary depending on where one looks. As is usually the case, some of the players may not really be as tall as listed.

2010-11 OU Scholarship Players .. so far

Senior

Cade Davis (G, 6-5, 200) Elk City, OK

Juniors

C.J. (Chris) Washington (F, 6-7, 210) Stringtown, OK / Connors JC
Nick Thompson (F, 6-9, 210) Clinton, Utah / College of Eastern Utah

Sophomores

Carl Blair (PG, 6-2, 205) Houston / Transfer from UNO
Andrew Fitzgerald (F, 6-8, 250) Baltimore, Maryland
Steven Pledger (G, 6-4, 215) Chesapeake, Virginia
Kyle Hardrick (F, 6-8, 230) Putnam City High School, OKC

Freshmen

Cameron Clark (SF, 6-6, 180) Sherman, Texas
T.J. Taylor (G, 6-3, 205) Denison, Texas
Tyler Neal (F, 6-7, 215) Putnam City West, OKC

This is it to the best that I can determine. Please feel free to post corrections below.

:OUbball-logo:

Last edited:
Cade is a senior. That's the only correction needed.

Looks like we are in need of a JUCO guard or two, its seems best to always have a veteran guards on a team.

Looks like we are in need of a JUCO guard or two, its seems best to always have a veteran guards on a team.
Last thing I heard Capel say about recuiting was that he wanted to sign a PG OR TWO.

I would point out that all is not lost if we can't sign a PG as OUr history has shown we csn ein games without a true PG.Corey Brewer,Hollis Price,Austin Johnson come to mind.

Of course Cade will be a Senior. Sorry for my brain fart.

Looking down the lineup, it definitely needs another guard/ball-handler. A Juco PG like Quannas White would be nice.

Thanks Trav. I always appreciate these easy-to-read roster breakdowns.

Of course Cade will be a Senior. Sorry for my brain fart.

Looking down the lineup, it definitely needs another guard/ball-handler. A Juco PG like Quannas White would be nice.

Yes.

Right now, there are seven every game players. I would like to see that number at 10. I think there's a good chance it gets to nine. The wildcard is Neal and if he'll get minutes.

Nice job as usual, Trav! I see you haven't lost your touch with breaking down our roster.

With a pg or 2, Honore and walkons, there will be 10 to 12 Sooners to practice and go to war.:clap

Right now, there are seven every game players. I would like to see that number at 10. I think there's a good chance it gets to nine. The wildcard is Neal and if he'll get minutes.

DM I respect what you're saying but how many times have we ever had 10 every game players? If we have 9 guys that are capable of playing 10+ minutes per game that is more than enough. Heck 8 might be enough.

DM I respect what you're saying but how many times have we ever had 10 every game players? If we have 9 guys that are capable of playing 10+ minutes per game that is more than enough. Heck 8 might be enough.

you see it at mizzou. You see it at KU and UT somewhat too. I like the Mizzou model of just throwing energy guys out there. That's what I hope OU becomes.

I get the impression that having a deep bench isn't the way Capel coaches so I doubt that is what OU is going to become, especially this upcoming season.

Sam said it best. Unless Capel has something in his bag of tricks we haven't seen yet he's not a deep bench guy.

Sam said it best. Unless Capel has something in his bag of tricks we haven't seen yet he's not a deep bench guy.

With all the hope he is learning on the job, maybe he has a few tricks like this he is working on for this next year. He has to know what he has been doing hasnt worked without Blake, Taylor, and the crew from 2 years ago. If he has lerned anything from his mentor in Coach K its that having 10 quaility guys is a good problem to have. It led Duke to a NC this year

you see it at mizzou. You see it at KU and UT somewhat too. I like the Mizzou model of just throwing energy guys out there. That's what I hope OU becomes.

What a difference a year makes:D

I am searching my memory, but I cannot remember any OU team that really played more than 8 guys. The great Billy Tubbs team of 1988 did not have more than 7-8 players that got significant minutes. The Waymon era was the same way. The 1979 Big-8 champions coached by Dave Bliss did not have a long bench. Sampson's best teams only played 7-8 guys.

The same formula has seemed to work at OU for Bliss, Tubbs, Sampson and Capel (in his more successful seasons so far). Give almost all the PT to the top 7-8 players, and the team develops experience and chemistry.

Personally, I like to see the best players on the floor as much as possible. I think a lot of coaches feel the same way.

guess we should add Carl Blair (G, 6'2" 205) to the sophomores on the list...

Back