2022 recruiting rankings

Does anyone know what the situation is with Mawein. I would have liked to see Rick get some minutes throughout the year, provided Moser thinks he can make a player out of him. That being said, he did look lost and if Moser thought he just couldn't contribute, then you sit him. But, Mawein looked like a good player every time I saw him play. Good hands, looks athletic, good shot etc. Didn't look lost to me.

For those in the know, why didn't mawein play more and what is your thought of his ability to replace Chargious next year. Maybe he just wasn't in the rotation this year. Looked pretty good to me.

I wanted to see more of Mawein, too. I think he is going to be a lot better than most realize. Hope he sticks around.

Big Rick needs to move down a rung in competition. He could probably be decent at oru or somewhere similar.

I am not disappointed in Cortes, I just think backup PG is his ceiling at this point. Nothing wrong with that really. I didn't have really high expectations for him anyway. Great court vision, but handles, foot speed and shooting ability are negatives right now.

I didn't mean to single you out, if it sounded that way. Lots of folks have questioned Cortes' worth or suggested he's a transfer candidate. I can't see why he'd want to transfer or why some fans would want him to.

He's got areas in which he can improve, for sure, but I think he can and will.

On another note, Harkless had more turnovers this year than usual, but so did just about everybody on the team. I can't remember if I posted it or not, but I checked the stats and most of our guys had more turnovers this season than last.

I didn't mean to single you out, if it sounded that way. Lots of folks have questioned Cortes' worth or suggested he's a transfer candidate. I can't see why he'd want to transfer or why some fans would want him to.

He's got areas in which he can improve, for sure, but I think he can and will.

On another note, Harkless had more turnovers this year than usual, but so did just about everybody on the team. I can't remember if I posted it or not, but I checked the stats and most of our guys had more turnovers this season than last.

No worries, didn't feel singled out at all.

I think some of the higher number of turnovers might be related to a new offense, with a emphasis on cutting and passing. LK's offense was more pro-style - find mismatches and let those folks go to work. Goldwire's turnovers were often him trying to do too much.

Harkless turnover increase was likely due to being the buzzer-beater shooter / creator for this team. Reeves did that last year. And Harkless was really bad for a couple of weeks in the middle of the season, but he snapped out of it prior to getting hurt.

Just did some quick math - turnovers per minute this year

Harkless - .077
Goldwire - .071
TGroves - .070
Gibson - .048
Cortes - .120

So turnovers per minute - Cortes was almost 3x as much as Gibson and about 2x higher than Goldwire.

Was Cortes hurt at during Big 12 tourney?

No worries, didn't feel singled out at all.

I think some of the higher number of turnovers might be related to a new offense, with a emphasis on cutting and passing. LK's offense was more pro-style - find mismatches and let those folks go to work. Goldwire's turnovers were often him trying to do too much.

Harkless turnover increase was likely due to being the buzzer-beater shooter / creator for this team. Reeves did that last year. And Harkless was really bad for a couple of weeks in the middle of the season, but he snapped out of it prior to getting hurt.

Just did some quick math - turnovers per minute this year

Harkless - .077
Goldwire - .071
TGroves - .070
Gibson - .048
Cortes - .120

So turnovers per minute - Cortes was almost 3x as much as Gibson and about 2x higher than Goldwire.

Was Cortes hurt at during Big 12 tourney?

Groves definitely had too many careless turnovers. He is a good passing big, but tries to do too much at times. If he can make better decisions but continue making good passes from the high post next year, that will be a big bonus. Cortes . . . I feel like most of his were "young" turnovers. Trying to make difficult passes that he could get away with in high school but not at this level.

I hope Mo goes somewhere else because he's 24 years old and has played 5 years of college basketball. Time for him to go earn $ based on his hard work or to begin building a long-term career in basketball and make way for the next generation of players.

Not a knock on Mo ... I love him and am glad he's a Sooner, but I feel this way about all of the guys nationally questioning whether to play a 6th year of college basketball.

I hope Mo goes somewhere else because he's 24 years old and has played 5 years of college basketball. Time for him to go earn $ based on his hard work or to begin building a long-term career in basketball and make way for the next generation of players.

Not a knock on Mo ... I love him and am glad he's a Sooner, but I feel this way about all of the guys nationally questioning whether to play a 6th year of college basketball.

We really need Mo to come back. He could be the best shooter in the country next year.

Back