2022 recruiting rankings

What are his parents saying? Something negative about OU?

Not really negative, just frustration at playing time/substitutions. It might be just the normal frustration of a player and/or parent adjusting to not being "the dude" anymore but in today's transfer portal, it doesn't take much to convince yourself to leave.

Noland was all in on OU under Kruger and he didn't wait too long before recommitting after the hiring of Moser. I've seen no evidence at all of a bad attitude from him. I don't follow his parents' twitter feed (nor will I), but I have no complaints about him so far (and I think the focus on his weight by some posters is unwarranted).

I'm definitely not saying a bad attitude, just frustration. I completely agree about the weight issue, he is what he is and he can be a player at his size. I wonder how many times Charles Barkley was told to lose weight when he was playing? That's why I sincerely hope he stays. I think both he and his parents are good people.

I'm definitely not saying a bad attitude, just frustration. I completely agree about the weight issue, he is what he is and he can be a player at his size. I wonder how many times Charles Barkley was told to lose weight when he was playing? That's why I sincerely hope he stays. I think both he and his parents are good people.

A guard that needs to lose weight and a post man from 2-3 decades ago that needed to lose some weight are not apples to apples.

A guard that needs to lose weight and a post man from 2-3 decades ago that needed to lose some weight are not apples to apples.

Funny, but I don't see any jiggle on Noland.

You missed the point. Weight does not automatically mean you need to slim down to be an effective basketball player, regardless of position.

We need to get Charles Barkley’s (aka Round Mound of Rebound) opinion on the weight issue and whether you can be an effective player.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1494010715186905091?s=20&t=x5jkXUqfn8tmRBIjC3tOoA[/TWEET]

You missed the point. Weight does not automatically mean you need to slim down to be an effective basketball player, regardless of position.

He's too big. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

Brown transfer Jaylan Gainey Ou has been in contact.

Brown transfer Jaylan Gainey Ou has been in contact.

Sounds like a very good defender. His stats suggest he is limited offensively, at least in the sense that he never shoots threes and is a poor FT shooter. He Zoomed with Pitt tonight … someone please tell him to block Capel’s number lol.

Why would we want Gibson to not come back? He has been the only player who several times this season really lit up the scoreboard with his outside shooting. OU had no other decent deep threat. Granted he had some games when he couldn't hit the side of a barn but when he was hot, he carried OU to some wins.

I don’t know. Few high probabilities.

Izzy you'd think and I'd question if Mason sticks around as well. Mawien maybe? I think he has a chance to play in the Big 12.

Izzy - no chance to play meaningful minutes
Mason - maybe but doubtful
Cortes - jury is out, do not think he will be anything other than a backup PG

I could see one or all of those three leaving and maybe even Mo Gibson too - which could leave OU a big portal opportunity with as many as 4 slots being open.

Will Moser encourage some folks to leave? Is that in his DNA / coaching philosophy?

Izzy you'd think and I'd question if Mason sticks around as well. Mawien maybe? I think he has a chance to play in the Big 12.

Izzy - no chance to play meaningful minutes
Mason - maybe but doubtful
Cortes - jury is out, do not think he will be anything other than a backup PG

I could see one or all of those three leaving and maybe even Mo Gibson too - which could leave OU a big portal opportunity with as many as 4 slots being open.

Will Moser encourage some folks to leave? Is that in his DNA / coaching philosophy?

I just don't think we're going to get a lot better simply replacing our 3 seniors with the 3 incoming freshman.

I hope one or two guys leave and we can replace them with impact transfers. That is my hope.

I also think we might be better next year compared to other Big 12 teams, b/c they lose more than we do (especially experience-wise). But I haven't done enough homework to state this for fact.

My preference would have been to keep Mo, let Harkless walk, and bring in a better offensive player than Harkless via transfer. We also need a backup for T. Groves. We all see how well Chargois played down the stretch. Rick isn't that guy. I'm not sure Mawein is that guy either, but he could be.

Mo might decide to go pro overseas or otherwise get on with his life, but it's very unlikely he'd go to another school.

How anyone could be disappointed with Cortes at this stage, I cannot understand. He was 3-star true freshman who saw lots of playing time. Mason is another story (and I'm not saying we should give up on him), but Cortes should be pleased with his freshman campaign, and so should Coach Moser (and so should the fans). Even if he turns out to be a career backup, so what? We need a backup PG.

I just don't think we're going to get a lot better simply replacing our 3 seniors with the 3 incoming freshman.

I hope one or two guys leave and we can replace them with impact transfers. That is my hope.

I also think we might be better next year compared to other Big 12 teams, b/c they lose more than we do (especially experience-wise). But I haven't done enough homework to state this for fact.

My preference would have been to keep Mo, let Harkless walk, and bring in a better offensive player than Harkless via transfer. We also need a backup for T. Groves. We all see how well Chargois played down the stretch. Rick isn't that guy. I'm not sure Mawein is that guy either, but he could be.

I'd like Mo to return if he took over the point and apprenticed Uzan if you will. At point his size isn't much of a hindrance and having that kind of scoring from there would be great. I'm glad Harkless is returning. If I remember correctly Harkless had almost if not the highest plus minus on the team last year. He's had a bad turnover year because he's tried to do too much. Love his defense and glue when he plays within himself. If Moser adds a couple of impact portals, I really like the frosh. I think Moser wants to build with freshmen which I like, but yeah we definitely need a couple more portals to fill in some blanks. Will be interesting to see how Moser does it over the next few years. He places a huge premium on being "old" yet he's always also talking about building with freshmen.

Does anyone know what the situation is with Mawein. I would have liked to see Rick get some minutes throughout the year, provided Moser thinks he can make a player out of him. That being said, he did look lost and if Moser thought he just couldn't contribute, then you sit him. But, Mawein looked like a good player every time I saw him play. Good hands, looks athletic, good shot etc. Didn't look lost to me.

For those in the know, why didn't mawein play more and what is your thought of his ability to replace Chargious next year. Maybe he just wasn't in the rotation this year. Looked pretty good to me.

Mo might decide to go pro overseas or otherwise get on with his life, but it's very unlikely he'd go to another school.

How anyone could be disappointed with Cortes at this stage, I cannot understand. He was 3-star true freshman who saw lots of playing time. Mason is another story (and I'm not saying we should give up on him), but Cortes should be pleased with his freshman campaign, and so should Coach Moser (and so should the fans). Even if he turns out to be a career backup, so what? We need a backup PG.

I am not disappointed in Cortes, I just think backup PG is his ceiling at this point. Nothing wrong with that really. I didn't have really high expectations for him anyway. Great court vision, but handles, foot speed and shooting ability are negatives right now.

Back