2024-2025 Roster

8 seniors. Even if Moser doesn't survive year 4, it will be another rebuild. Hopefully experience and maturity result in a tournament level team. Then maybe an improved team through the portal this time next year.

8 seniors. Even if Moser doesn't survive year 4, it will be another rebuild. Hopefully experience and maturity result in a tournament level team. Then maybe an improved team through the portal this time next year.
Kind of assuming every season will be a total roster reconstruction regardless of who is coach.

Without contracts it certainly will be. Surprised they haven’t landed on how to implement those for public schools .. or as a conference.

There it is, scholarships all done as Wague is FINALLY official and signed.

But hopefully roster isn't complete with Fears still a possibility. Move Godwin or someone to "NIL scholly", get Fears, and see what we can do with that roster in a new league.

With the addition of Glenn Taylor, we now have 9 seniors, 1 junior, 1 sophomore and 4 freshmen. If this team succeeds, it will have to be completely rebuilt next year. If it doesn't, it will still have to be completely rebuilt next year. I'd like to think that, with 9 seniors, you can find a way to win, but I'm not so sure. This team seems very .500 to me at best. I hope I'm wrong and that they can squeeze 18-20 wins out, but no matter what, the most returning players for next year will be 6. I find it very difficult to see how this team can be competitive on a yearly basis without some semblance of roster building.

With the addition of Glenn Taylor, we now have 9 seniors, 1 junior, 1 sophomore and 4 freshmen. If this team succeeds, it will have to be completely rebuilt next year. If it doesn't, it will still have to be completely rebuilt next year. I'd like to think that, with 9 seniors, you can find a way to win, but I'm not so sure. This team seems very .500 to me at best. I hope I'm wrong and that they can squeeze 18-20 wins out, but no matter what, the most returning players for next year will be 6. I find it very difficult to see how this team can be competitive on a yearly basis without some semblance of roster building.
We’ve become a year-to-year program under Moser. I realize the entire sport is trending that way, but it’s more extreme for us than almost every other power conference team. With this hopefully being his last chance to keep his job, he is doing everything he can to eek into the tourney.

This is where failing to develop and retain players who were supposed to be core pieces like Uzan, Oweh, and Cooper really hurts. You either have to start over with old guys and hope to win immediately, or add younger guys and pray they (and you) are still around a year from now.

I’ll take that bet. I’ll take the over on a .500 record. You name the amount.

while your overall point is correct I will point out that Miles can almost for sure return for an additional year if he wishes ..

We’ve become a year-to-year program under Moser. I realize the entire sport is trending that way, but it’s more extreme for us than almost every other power conference team. With this hopefully being his last chance to keep his job, he is doing everything he can to eek into the tourney.

This is where failing to develop and retain players who were supposed to be core pieces like Uzan, Oweh, and Cooper really hurts. You either have to start over with old guys and hope to win immediately, or add younger guys and pray they (and you) are still around a year from now.
Cooper was core? Everyone wanted him to be core but he transferred down 2 levels

Back to same dead horse failure to retain and failure to develop..: same thread same story same chapter.

Cooper was core? Everyone wanted him to be core but he transferred down 2 levels

Back to same dead horse failure to retain and failure to develop..: same thread same story same chapter.
Also, the only way to transfer down two levels from OU would be to return to high school. He moved down to a team that would likely be too good for Moser to play in noncon, for perspective.

Back