2024-25 Schedule News

Really?? Kentucky, Rick Barnes/Tennesee, ol’ Miz-zou, Buzz and A&M, driving to catch a game at Bud?!?

I’ll take those games all day over Taco Tech, Baylor, Corn State, and having pompous arse Jayhawk fans in the LNC. Doesn’t count games at Ole Miss and Beard, or Bama. And maybe we even keep Bedlam in OKC.

Yeah, playing Vandy or MSU is a big yawn, but plenty of exciting and tough games on the schedule.

And so ready to move on from the Big XII and that BS helps with the excitement, at least for me.
It will be fun to see new teams. I just don't think the schedule looks as daunting.

I think 11 of our 18 conference games last year were against teams that ended up making the tourney. Will be interesting to see where that number ends up this season. Of the 18 games this year, 11 will be against teams that made it last season, but obviously some teams have improved and others may have gotten worse. I’d guess Arkansas will be significantly better this season than last, for example. But who knows if a team like South Carolina will be as good as last year.

My guess for Atlantis is that our first game will be Providence, Louisville, or Indiana. I think we should avoid Gonzaga and Arizona in the first round; Davidson and West Virginia seem to be viewed as the two weakest teams based on projections. Indiana is probably the third highest regarded team in the field, with OU, Louisville, and Providence in the middle of the pack.

My guess for Atlantis is that our first game will be Providence, Louisville, or Indiana. I think we should avoid Gonzaga and Arizona in the first round; Davidson and West Virginia seem to be viewed as the two weakest teams based on projections. Indiana is probably the third highest regarded team in the field, with OU, Louisville, and Providence in the middle of the pack.
Good call

Bart Torvik lists a 12/29 home game vs Prairie View A&M. As best as I can tell this is new info for the board.

Bart Torvik lists a 12/29 home game vs Prairie View A&M. As best as I can tell this is new info for the board.
That’ll be another banger. They will be in the mid 300s. That makes six games against teams well below 300. Georgia Tech and Michigan are games that are essentially scheduled for us, as are the three games in the Bahamas. That means that of the 7 games Moser and the staff have scheduled themselves, OSU is the only one against a team not among the worst 30 or so teams in America. I think we should have one game left to announce.

I’ll give Moser credit. I didn’t know if it was possible to put together a worse schedule than last season, but he did it with room to spare. This is truly incredible.

That’ll be another banger. They will be in the mid 300s. That makes six games against teams well below 300. Georgia Tech and Michigan are games that are essentially scheduled for us, as are the three games in the Bahamas. That means that of the 7 games Moser and the staff have scheduled themselves, OSU is the only one against a team not among the worst 30 or so teams in America. I think we should have one game left to announce.

I’ll give Moser credit. I didn’t know if it was possible to put together a worse schedule than last season, but he did it with room to spare. This is truly incredible.
🤡. So are you. Incredible.

🤡. So are you. Incredible.
I understand Wichita isn’t a very popular figure on this board, but I find it mildly amusing how a few posters make different versions of this reply to a majority of his posts and don’t realize they are doing exactly what they accuse him of by derailing threads and bringing negativity to the board.

I’m not gonna tell you how to live your life or post on this board, but the irony has become too much to not at least point out.

I understand Wichita isn’t a very popular figure on this board, but I find it mildly amusing how a few posters make different versions of this reply to a majority of his posts and don’t realize they are doing exactly what they accuse him of by derailing threads and bringing negativity to the board.

I’m not gonna tell you how to live your life or post on this board, but the irony has become too much to not at least point out.
Honestly, I have accepted the fact that a handful of posters on this board dislike me so much (despite having never met me) that they will react with a clown or laughing emoji, or otherwise mock anything I post. There are some posters I disagree with more often than not, but I respect them because they actually offer their own thoughts and try to make reasonable arguments. The ones who can't even form a thought -- I just try to ignore.

Honestly, I have accepted the fact that a handful of posters on this board dislike me so much (despite having never met me) that they will react with a clown or laughing emoji, or otherwise mock anything I post. There are some posters I disagree with more often than not, but I respect them because they actually offer their own thoughts and try to make reasonable arguments. The ones who can't even form a thought -- I just try to ignore.
people can hate on you but you were spot on about the weak schedule last year and OU’s chances of making the tournament. I give you big props for that.

people can hate on you but you were spot on about the weak schedule last year and OU’s chances of making the tournament. I give you big props for that.
Thank you. That is probably the best example of people bashing me for an opinion that turned out to be dead on, and even when it was proven right, certain posters refused to accept reality and just immediately began claiming that the committee screwed us and we “should” have been in. I don’t know if we will even be remotely close to the bubble this season. I could see us having a season like two years ago where we are under .500 and out of the mix by February. But if we ARE on the bobble, this schedule will hurt us yet again.

I’ll be even more specific: if we lose to Providence, we are in a world of hurt with our SOS because it would likely mean we would face Davidson in the next game and lose one of our only shots to play a highly rated team. If that happens, we will have to have an amazing conference season to make up lost ground.

Thank you. That is probably the best example of people bashing me for an opinion that turned out to be dead on, and even when it was proven right, certain posters refused to accept reality and just immediately began claiming that the committee screwed us and we “should” have been in. I don’t know if we will even be remotely close to the bubble this season. I could see us having a season like two years ago where we are under .500 and out of the mix by February. But if we ARE on the bobble, this schedule will hurt us yet again.

I’ll be even more specific: if we lose to Providence, we are in a world of hurt with our SOS because it would likely mean we would face Davidson in the next game and lose one of our only shots to play a highly rated team. If that happens, we will have to have an amazing conference season to make up lost ground.
I agree. I cannot believe how weak the schedule is looking. It just shows the coaching staff learned nothing from last year. OU needed 21 wins to be a lock last year. They’re gonna need atleast that to make it this year. This year’s team may surprise some people but I don’t think they are a 21 or 22 win team.

In hindsight I agree with your schedule critique. If teams like Arkansas, USC, and Iowa, who all under performed, had better seasons, strength of schedule looks completely different. That is somewhat of the gamble OU has to take right now. Cannot over schedule tier 1 and 2 teams.

Back