'24 NCAA Tourney Discussion Thread

mcgusty and to a lesser extent James thought they were the best players on the team ..

mcgusty was pissed at coming off the bench ... .. and his parents were involved in complaining to the staff ..

those were both much much bigger issues then TY
You say this like it is fact and not opinion.
I think it is pretty clear IMO that LK promised TY free reign while here and that was the root of a lot of problems

When you were in the tunnel with the team, TY was on one side while the rest of the team got hyped to go play basketball. That always spoke volumes to me. At some point, you have to realize the one guy by himself is probably the problem.

I'm sure he's grown up a LOT. I know they're doing great things for local basketball. But as a freshman, you have to endear yourself to the team. He didn't seem to make that effort.

You say this like it is fact and not opinion.
I think it is pretty clear IMO that LK promised TY free reign while here and that was the root of a lot of problems
maybe I can not prove that it is 100% a fact ... but it is a very very very informed "opinion"

Trae carries some blame for the ails of the 2018 team. Rayford too. Maybe Rayford more. As a matter of fact, I seem to remember Rayford being the guy who said Trae was coming in to "save OU Basketball".
But McGusty was a tremendous problem. His Mom chewed out Lon......in the man's office! Lon Kruger! The nicest man in the world.

Trae carries some blame for the ails of the 2018 team. Rayford too. Maybe Rayford more. As a matter of fact, I seem to remember Rayford being the guy who said Trae was coming in to "save OU Basketball".
But McGusty was a tremendous problem. His Mom chewed out Lon......in the man's office! Lon Kruger! The nicest man in the world.
I would never condone that but just based on production, McGusty got a raw deal...much like a williams

Would love to hear more about this story.

Boulder, I'm not out of line in talking about the office incident, am I? I feel like that was pretty common knowledge around town.
What's really bad is it didn't happen when the wheels fell off. It was early on, when we were ROLLING. Well before the annual February Faceplant (patent pending).

Boulder, I'm not out of line in talking about the office incident, am I? I feel like that was pretty common knowledge around town.
What's really bad is it didn't happen when the wheels fell off. It was early on, when we were ROLLING. Well before the annual February Faceplant (patent pending).
nope you are good and you are correct .. the timing of it was bad bad .... it is IMHO one of the things that led to down fall of that team .. (IIRC he almost transferred at semester .. and "demanded to start " at that meeting)

Last edited:
UConn leads by 4 at halftime. Decent first half.

I need Bama to cover +11

it feels like UConn is on the verge of breaking this thing wide open though.

I need Bama to cover +11

it feels like UConn is on the verge of breaking this thing wide open though.
Typed this and Bama gets it to a 1 point deficit.

I like the combo of Estrada and Sears. Fun to watch.

And now UConn roared back. Lol. See-saw.

UConn is just too good. This is the real championship game because I don't see Purdue beating either of these teams.

Back