'24 NCAA Tourney Discussion Thread

You’re complaining about someone taking and making a very high percentage of the highest value shot in the game. Do you also prefer five-yard jet sweeps to 50-yard TD passes.
You might want to read my post in context of that is what you get from my post

The Trae Young slander here is absurd
it isn't slander if it is true.
He's a great player.
Came in with the wrong attitude and the team here never gelled.
That team was much too talented to have the record they did and to end the season like they did
As for the NBA, I don't follow the hawks closely but they are well under 500 in the time he has been there

Yes, he led the NCAA in points and assists but his "attitude" was bad.

Basketball is a team sport. Are you slamming Wayman Tisdale for not winning anything in the NBA? His teams were even worse than the Hawks.

He's a great player.
That team was much too talented to have the record they did and to end the season like they did
As for the NBA, I don't follow the hawks closely but they are well under 500 in the time he has been there

It’s not close to true.

Trae went to the state title in high school. Played 1 year at ou and took a terrible 12-win roster the previous year to the tournament. Got drafted to a terrible hawks roster and has made the playoffs 3 of 5 years. Took the hawks to the eastern conference finals, as well. Trae is a winner.

It’s not close to true.

Trae went to the state title in high school. Played 1 year at ou and took a 12 win team the previous year to the tournament. Took the hawks to the eastern conference finals. Trae is a winner.
Exactly, much more of a winner than Uzan.

Yes, he led the NCAA in points and assists but his "attitude" was bad.

Basketball is a team sport. Are you slamming Wayman Tisdale for not winning anything in the NBA? His teams were even worse than the Hawks.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I'm simply responding to posts about him not winning
But you comment about basketball being a team sport is spot on. We weren't a good team when TY was here and I think TY takes a lot of the blame for that

It’s not close to true.

Trae went to the state title in high school. Played 1 year at ou and took a terrible 12-win roster the previous year to the tournament. Got drafted to a terrible hawks roster and has made the playoffs 3 of 5 years. Took the hawks to the eastern conference finals, as well. Trae is a winner.
We are using High school as proof?
What of what I said was wrong?
TY's team here had way more talent than this year's team and yet had the same record.
I already said I don't follow the hawks closely so I can't comment on their talent level. But they haven't been a winning team since he has been there.
Them are the facts

It’s not close to true.

Trae went to the state title in high school. Played 1 year at ou and took a terrible 12-win roster the previous year to the tournament. Got drafted to a terrible hawks roster and has made the playoffs 3 of 5 years. Took the Hawks to the Eastern Conference finals, as well. Trae is a winner.
This is how I see it. He almost willed an average Hawks team to the Finals a few years ago.
It’s not close to true.

This is how I see it. He almost took a very average Hawks team to the NBA Finals. Atlanta decided to change their team by adding Murray, and Trae seems to be trying to make it work when both of those guys need the ball in their hands.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I'm simply responding to posts about him not winning
But you comment about basketball being a team sport is spot on. We weren't a good team when TY was here and I think TY takes a lot of the blame for that
So the guy who led the NCAA in points and assists was the problem and not the rest of the terrible roster? Sure, Jan. And he took us to the NCAA tournament so we were better then than we are now.

Totally Trae's fault that Lattin couldn't catch his passes and finish about four more dunks a game. Clearly would have made those plays if not for Trae's attitude. It was also his fault that Doo was ineligible first semester. And he was to blame for Christian James taking the Uzan route and not getting better as a player.

So the guy who led the NCAA in points and assists was the problem and not the rest of the terrible roster? Sure, Jan.
Yes. Except it wasn't a terrible roster. Much better than this year's roster.
That team had TY, Christian James, Odomes, Lattin, McNeace, Shepherd, Doolittle, Manek, & McGusty
Before TY even set foot on campus he was saying he was the savior of the program.
We never had good chemistry that year and I think that is why we faded.

Totally Trae's fault that Lattin couldn't catch his passes and finish about four more dunks a game. Clearly would have made those plays if not for Trae's attitude. It was also his fault that Doo was ineligible first semester. And he was to blame for Christian James taking the Uzan route and not getting better as a player.
As we have established, bball is a team sport. That team was never a team. There was something off all year.

I'm guessing you fault LK for all of those issues in you post because that sounds just like the issues we had this year that are all PM's fault

Yep, the revisionist history and the hate for one of our best players ever is crazy. Also Trae seems to truly love OU and comes back often.

This is my last post on TY to not derail the thread further. Great player but even before he was on campus I think he rubbed current players the wrong way. I said it on this board before the season started that I'm not sure the team is going to like a high school senior taking ownership of the team and "saving" the program before even putting any sweat into the team.

He's a great player.
Imo trae was limited because his team couldn't finish layups, among other deficiencies. And he has donated for that sports facility. Hes posted on social media about his teammates that were still at OU after he left. Idk why someone would hate on him. He was an all-timer at OU

That team had TY, Christian James (okay player that never developed to what he should have been), Odomes (raw athlete that was never good), Lattin (disappointment, never got to his potential), McNeace (disinterested player that played basketball out of default bc of his height. I was VERY high on him but he was a bust), Shepherd (low d-1 guy that transferred to like charlotte, he was an okay depth guy), Doolittle (loved him. Suspensions hurt. Also wished hed redshirted. I always want a doolittle on the team), Manek (streaky shooter. Up and down. Frustrated me personally, but i think manek won the argument overall at UNC. We should have kept him. Good player and TY's best option), & McGusty (potential through the roof. Bad attitude. Prolly couldn't have coexisted with TY anyway. Wish he could have been managed)
Above parentheses imo.

Also i do not think this roster was even close to better then this year's (except for having TY). Moore, soares, darthard >> everyone but TY

Back