89%

Krugerfan52

Reaction score
That's what we were from the FT line today. 25-28. That's pretty darn good.

FT shooting may be one area that we are improved from last year with Blake gone. Tiny and Fitz were 10-11 today from the line.

That's what we were from the FT line today. 25-28. That's pretty darn good.

FT shooting may be one area that we are improved from last year with Blake gone. Tiny and Fitz were 10-11 today from the line.

That's better than good. I sure hope it continues.

Obviously, there is a lot to like about this team. I don't think anyone will argue the fact that we're going to be a much better perimeter shooting team than last year. With Tiny doing work on the boards and Fitz playing well off the bench, I'm optimistic that we will hold our own in the post with most teams. Our guards and wings will more than hold their own.

Defense appears to be the key to just how good OU will be this season. We gave up a number of easy buckets in transition to Mount Saint Mary. That can't continue (and I don't believe it will) if we hope to compete against the best teams on our schedule.

Great point Capelfan. Especially with a young team FT's are very important. They can't afford to give those easy one's a way so that will come in handy against better teams.

Those extra 6 or 8 points a game are huge. Just making both of a 1 and 1 instead of missing the 1st( which always seemed to happen late in the 2nd half).

It would go a long ways, for us to make our FT's at a rate of 80% or better. I think this team can do it. And if so, we could see some wins that may not be expected.

This would have been my second stat of the day. You have to love how we shot free throws this game. Hopefully that can continue. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

Back