A little more TJones news

Easy solution on defense, just bring in that cat from Temple to teach the match-up zone...pay him a little extra and Gerber might be "goon" ready.

I get the vibe that he really wants to come to OU but he would almost rather stay close to home.....I hope he decides to come here but I feel he may be leaning towards washington

I get the vibe that he really wants to come to OU but he would almost rather stay close to home.....I hope he decides to come here but I feel he may be leaning towards washington

I don't feel that way. I think he is leaning more towards OU, the oppertunity of playing for a title will eventually win him over. Doubtful UW will have a good shot at a title.

:fexas-logo::airwillie

I don't feel that way. I think he is leaning more towards OU, the oppertunity of playing for a title will eventually win him over. Doubtful UW will have a good shot at a title.

:fexas-logo::airwillie

I sure hope you are right....I am just not so sure we are a title contender next year....if he plans on staying 2-3 years then I think we will have that chance assuming we can solidy the center position with gallon prob leaving by the 2 year mark (tj's fresh year)

I think talent wise next year we will have a shot, but being so young I can see us loosing to teams who we shouldnt loose to...on the flip side I can see us beating any team in the nation

He would handle the ball far more under coach Capel than Blake did. One of the key reasons Oklahoma is doing so well in his recruiting process is that they are recruiting him to play on the wing rather than in the post. As you said earlier, he'll guard the four, but his strength is from outside-in. He'd spend most of his time on the perimeter and, as BigTime said, he'd handle the ball quite a bit for the Sooners.

What alot of people don't know about Coach Capel is he loves to run the 1-3-1. TJ is a guy that can play the top or wing of the one 1-3-1. Only problem is you can't run the 1-3-1 for 40 minutes. You're going to have to run m2m. TJ can also play at the top of a 2-3. The other thing you have to look at is he's probably going to be the second best rebounder on the floor. Do you put the second best rebounder 20ft away from the baseline? Those are just things that Capel would have to figure out if we were to get this unique talent.

This is a OU and UK battle, OU has the upper hand more PT out of the gate. He will fight for floor time at UK and be the man at OU.

This is a OU and UK battle, OU has the upper hand more PT out of the gate. He will fight for floor time at UK and be the man at OU.

UK is not even in the conversation. This is about Romar and Cameron Dollar versus Capel and Oronde. This is about will he stay home or will Capel convince him that he's the right coach for him.

UK is not even in the conversation. This is about Romar and Cameron Dollar versus Capel and Oronde. This is about will he stay home or will Capel convince him that he's the right coach for him.

I wouldn't be as bold to say that. UK is always in the picture with guys like that. Word now is that Leslie may not be a lock as was once thought. Harris is looking at a lot of Big East schools.

We aren't out of the woods with Kentucky just yet for TJones.

I wouldn't be as bold to say that. UK is always in the picture with guys like that. Word now is that Leslie may not be a lock as was once thought. Harris is looking at a lot of Big East schools.

We aren't out of the woods with Kentucky just yet for TJones.

UK has a great recruiting staff, no doubt. But my opinion is at this point in the game, OU, UO, and UW have put the most work in for this guy. That should sya something.

I really hope we get this guy, because nationally everyone is writing us off.

BT, do you have a twitter page?

Back