Alaska question

jaymOU

Reaction score
One last Alaska debacle note - why did we play so much zone defense there? We were suffocating on defense last night and Capel has preached his man-to-man principles in the past. I just didn't understand the decision to play zone. From the outside it looked like he was using those games as practice.

One last Alaska debacle note - why did we play so much zone defense there? We were suffocating on defense last night and Capel has preached his man-to-man principles in the past. I just didn't understand the decision to play zone. From the outside it looked like he was using those games as practice.

On the interview with James Hale on Tuesday, he said they simply weren't playing good enough man-to-man to use it, and he was frustrated with the team. He said basically they weren't working hard enough for man-to-man to work. He said he'll use whatever it takes to win, so likely multiple defenses. He said they were going back to basic principles on man-to-man defense; some of the guys aren't fundamentally sound.

I think it was a basic principles/work ethic issue. Capel prefers man-to-man.

Back